Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Forums - Stylebot Changes

I began working on a stylebot CSS replacement to "improve" the forums. Also, have the stylish version of it for firefox and opera.

http://stylebot.me/styles/2384

http://userstyles.org/styles/86810/d...s?r=1367334774

Included changes for the class (and other subforums), quoted replies and forum with basic styling - not perfect, by any means, but it made it more bearable for me

Last edited by jjflanigan; 04-30-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    I began working on a stylebot CSS replacement to "improve" the forums.

Included changes for the class (and other subforums), quoted replies and forum with basic styling - not perfect, by any means, but it made it more bearable for me

Holy poo poo that's much better. How do we use? Is it just as easy as following your link, there?

If you're using chrome, you can just grab the stylebot extension and the follow the link

If you're using firefox or opera, you can grab the stylish addon and use this CSS

If you are using Safari, you can use the stylish addon, but you'll need to manually set up the CSS for stylish.

-JJ
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 05-02-2013 at 05:31 PM.

I don't know if it's just me but when I try to download the style (in Chrome) it's throwing a syntax error.
    Liseyda on Khyber: TR3 Elf Paladin (L18).

If you're using chrome, you can just grab the stylebot extension and the follow the link

If you're using firefox or opera, you can grab the stylish addon and use this CSS

-JJ
    Thank you!! +1 (where it I could).

Community Member

Made a minimalist version, still gray in gray (insert 50shades joke)

{"https://www.ddo.com":{"_enabled":true,"_rules":{"#pagetitl e":{"height":"56px"},"a.newreply":{"background-color":"#828282","color":"#e3e3e3"},"a.threadstatu s":{"background-color":"#000000","border-color":"#000000","color":"#000000","display":"none "},"a.threadtitle":{"font-size":"15px"},"a.title":{"font-size":"15px","margin-left":"5px"},"a.title.threadtitle_unread":{"font-size":"15px","margin-left":"5px"},"a.username.offline.popupctrl strong":{"font-size":"14px","font-style":"normal","font-variant":"normal","font-weight":"normal"},"a.username.online.popupctrl strong":{"font-size":"14px","font-style":"normal","font-weight":"normal"},"div.above_body":{"width":"95%"} ,"div.above_threadlist_controls.toolsmenu div":{"display":"none"},"div.author":{"margin-left":"8px"},"div.below_body":{"width":"95%"},"div .blockrow.floatcontainer":{"background-color":"#000000","color":"#e0e0e0"},"div.body_wrap per":{"background-color":"#111","width":"95%"},"div.options_block_co ntainer":{"display":"none"},"div.pagetitle h1":{"font-size":"28px"},"div.postrow h2.title":{"font-family":"'Arial' "},"div.quote_container":{"background-color":"#292929","border-color":"#bd4242","border-style":"[object Object]","color":"#f0f0f0"},"div.rating0.nonsticky":{"hei ght":"58px"},"div.rating0.sticky":{"height":"58px" },"div.shade.footer_copyright":{"display":"none"}, "div.shade.footer_morecopyright":{"display":"none" },"div.threadlisthead.table":{"display":"none"},"d iv.wgo_subblock.section":{"display":"none"},"form. footer_select select":{"background-color":"#a6a6a6"},"h1 span.threadtitle":{"font-family":"'Arial' "},"h2.forumtitle a":{"font-size":"18px"},"h3.threadtitle":{"margin-left":"8px"},"h3.threadtitle,h3.searchtitle a.title":{"font-family":"'Arial' "},"li.announcerow":{"display":"none"},"li.nav bit a":{"font-size":"18px"},"li.navbit.lastnavbit span":{"font-size":"20px"},"li.restore":{"display":"none"},"p.d escription":{"display":"none"},"p.subforumdescript ion":{"display":"none"},"span.cke_toolgroup":{"bac kground-color":"#000000"},"span.cke_wrapper.cke_ltr":{"bac kground-color":"#000000"},"span.threadtitle a":{"font-size":"20px"},"textarea.cke_source.cke_enable_cont ext_menu":{"background-color":"#000000","color":"#ffffff","font-size":"16px"},"ul.forumactionlinks.td":{"display": "none"},"ul.threadstats.td.alt li":{"margin-right":"0"},"li.navbit.lastnavbit":{"display":"non e"},"img.gotonewpost":{"height":"16px"}}}}
    Last edited by Daemoneyes; 04-30-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Default Syntax Error, but why come here anyway?

JJ, as always you rock, but FYI I am getting a syntax error when I try to install your Stylebot.

Also, not that anyone official probably cares because they are so proud of their new forum, but when I went to reply to you I had to deal with:

1) Logged out. Must log in yet again.
    2) Click Login button. It does not work with my browser's autofill and there is no "Remember me" option, so I get to type out the whole thing, every time.
    3) Complete Login.
    4) Get returned to the home-freaking-page, not the thread I was trying to respond to.
    5) Use stupid flyover menus to return to "Forums"
    6) Click "New Posts."
    7) Get error message about duplicate redirects that must be fixed by the forum administrator.
    8) Click back. Try another link. Get same error. Try another link. Get same error.
    9) Resist throwing mouse at screen. The mouse didn't screw this up so horribly.
    10) Find a random link to a thread in Lamannia forum that actually gives me a forum page.
    11) Click the Forum breadcrumb.
    12) Click "New Posts"
    13) Find thread I want to respond to.
    14) Mid posting, get logged out.
    15) Restart, only so that I can detail this clusterbomb of a tragedy called the "new forum."

Anyway, thanks for the stylebot but I think I will find something else to waste huge amounts of time doing. ARRRRGGGHH!!
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Furare View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but when I try to download the style (in Chrome) it's throwing a syntax error.
    Ok, not sure why it was throwing the syntax error, but I re-exported it to stylebot.me and it should install properly now.

-JJ

Also -- I was unable to find a stylish / stylebot type plugin for IE, but if anyone knows of one then I'll get it set up in there as well.

-JJ

Does anyone use IE?

Anyway, thanks; this is much better. I'd +1 you but that doesn't seem to be working atm.
    Liseyda on Khyber: TR3 Elf Paladin (L18).

Community Member

Wow this is miles better, much appreciated.
    My Toons:
    DWP - Fighter/Favored Soul, Olur Takun - Something, Perddy Elfie - Artificer, Tamqil Jemhar - Ranger

Agreed. Much, MUCH better. Thank you for your efforts here.

Community Member

Default Thank you.

I began working on a stylebot CSS replacement to "improve" the forums.

+neutral rep given, Thank You so much for this thread. My eyes are no longer bleeding tears from the Turbined default scheme.

I cannot thank you enough for this.

Wheeeee Thank you!

I changed width a bit, I actually like seeing the background though it still not as wide as the default one and I really like the results
    Last edited by redsonjja; 04-30-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    IT'S JUST A GAME...

Redsonjja / Shantih / Graymouse / Simralin / Caffeine
    Member of Intel Rq'd, Orien

2014 DDO Players Council Kwyjibo's Avatar

Thumbs up

Great job!!!!
    Jibo-Argo/Ascent, Thelanis/TES, Mournlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    No challenge, no fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

Christ, this rocks.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Hey JJ, here's some of the tweaks that I felt were needed in my Stylebot changes...

Code:
    div.above_body {
        width: 95%;
    }

div.below_body {
    }

h3.threadtitle,h3.searchtitle a.title {
        font-family: 'Arial' ;
    }

div.postrow h2.title {
    }

h1 span.threadtitle {
    }

div.body_wrapper {
        background-color: #111;
    }

pre.bbcode_code {
        color: #000;
    }

div.quote_container {
        background-color: #ababab;
    }
    Main things: GoudyTrajan is overused. I hate the small caps everywhere.
    Code and quote tags are more readable....

Font choice is subjective, just anything that's not GoudyTrajan would be fine by me.

Thumbs up Thanks so much for this better look.

Hi, I was wondering if you could try and tackle the problem of light on light text boxes, like links in quote boxes, code in code boxes and the hover links in the control panel, and anything else you may find.

If not no biggie but again, thank you for this script.
    Xanendor's Experience Planner
    Official Thread -- Original Post -- Final Post
    Download - Version Three - Final - The One to rule them all!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Furare View Post
    Does anyone use IE?

Anyway, thanks; this is much better. I'd +1 you but that doesn't seem to be working atm.
    Would that I didn't, but at work, no option.

Community Member

Default You can change it

Quote Originally Posted by Xanendor View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if you could try and tackle the problem of light on light text boxes, like links in quote boxes, code in code boxes and the hover links in the control panel, and anything else you may find.

If not no biggie but again, thank you for this script.
    I Googled stylebot, and got it, and I can change all that with it.

You have to click the actual box and change the background color.

You may have to do this on multiple boxes to cover all the various ones that you will encounter.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast