Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cforce2 View Post
    You guys are totally overlooking the new search functionality! When you use the forum search, old posts from 2009 are right up at the top of your thread, so you won't overlook them as you scroll down to find the post from *this* year that's actually still relevant. Extra bonus: trying to search on a keyword sometimes doesn't work at all! I tried doing a advanced search to specify "search in title", and couldn't find a post I made in March! Thanks for keeping me from spending time needlessly reading the post I was looking for.

- cforce(2, because apparently the account migration was borked as well)

Well not that it's a kind comment on the game or forums but the best way to search for DDO info has always been DDOwiki or google: "DDO thing I'm searching about" which always does 10x better as finding a forum thread about what you're looking for than using the built in search.

That said yeah another lame thing about this "upgrade"

Quote Originally Posted by cforce2 View Post
    You guys are totally overlooking the new search functionality! When you use the forum search, old posts from 2009 are right up at the top of your thread, so you won't overlook them as you scroll down to find the post from *this* year that's actually still relevant. Extra bonus: trying to search on a keyword sometimes doesn't work at all! I tried doing a advanced search to specify "search in title", and couldn't find a post I made in March! Thanks for keeping me from spending time needlessly reading the post I was looking for.

- cforce(2, because apparently the account migration was borked as well)
    Search function has always sucked I always used google to search the DDO forums

I love so many things about the new forums - I've decided that my siggy needs to be a living journal in their honor. A journal of love, as it were.
    Speaking of siggies... another thing I love about the new forums is the reduced space allowed per-line! That's just impeccable!
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by nexusvalhees View Post
    Search function has always sucked I always used Google to search the DDO forums
    LOL have you tried that since the "upgrade"?

Here's a hint, it won't work anymore because they changed the Forums URL and thus all those old Google links are broken.

Try this one .. DDO Juggernaut Build Search

Go ahead and take the first one to the ddo forums. You won't find what you are looking but you might find

Too bad their 404 error page wasn't this cool actually, what you will see is some generic 404 error message on the MOTU background

Community Member

Default Everything

I love everything about the forum update:
    1. Not being able to log in with my old name and password. Then.....
    2. Not being able to log in to my account. Then...
    3. Having to create a new alias then the one I had before... Then
    4. All the links I had to various interesting builds and discussions that I had in my favorites are now useless, so I have to search the forums yet again to find them if they still exist.

There's an old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"... I think the time it took the devs to redo the forums could have been better put to use elsewhere...

Well, I'm pretty sure ddo.com was the fancy new upgrade, and the forums were just basically pasted on as an afterthought - someone took some basic forum code, slapped it up, and spent all the time trying to figure out how to do the migration and not any time at looking at how the forums actually worked. That's pretty much clear from every aspect of the problems with the forums; not a single minute of QA was spent on it, and of course the migration ran over the expected time and they broke huge numbers of account connections in the process.

I mean, just the fact that the menu option to take you to the forums doesn't even work is clear evidence that the forums were not a priority in this new rollout.

Community Member

Here's some more books to throw on the fire....

Every time I have to log in (which, of course, is very often), my browser gives me a security warning when I click on the "password" field, warning me that the website is trying to access secure data.

At worst, Turbine is trying to track something about me that they're not mentioning. At best, they cant even design a simple login page that wont trip an annoying security warning every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post

Oversized Icons are so Windows 8...

I'm going to get me one of them new fangled Windows 8 calculators.

Like all other things Windows 8 related, they're normalising the user interface experience ..... or treating us all like idiots is maybe another way of saying it.

Since I had to pick a new forum account, my ban from off-topic was lifted...something I probably could have had reversed if I looked/cared hard enough since I was banned from it for putting links to something inappropriate on a post with no links...

Honestly, that's really the best I can say about the new forums. That maybe I'll make like 3 posts in off topic before my ban would have been lifted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    LOL But is the food good?
    That's just it, Smatt.

If my material is sloppy and my competitor puts out slick stuff you'd never know if my food is good because you'd be dining at my competitors restaurant and not mine.

It takes A TON of work to run a restaurant that produces good food and good service.

Just like it takes a ton of work to run a good MMORPG.

The amount of work needed to make a great website is comparatively tiny.

To sully the hard work by messing up the easy work is just shooting yourself in the foot.

That's why companies are so careful with their promo material, websites and press kits.

Guys, you are supposed to make yourself look BETTER than you actually are. :-D

Anyway I've been hard on Turbine this day so i will say something positive:

When Turbine is done, I really think this forum will be much, much better then before.

Miles above.

They just gotta get it to where they had intended it to be.

Fix the links, lag and log-outs and the get the most artistic guy or gal you have to take a few swipes at this thing so it is pretty and readable.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12