Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 12barb/6fighter/2rogue

TWF Frenzied Berserker 2 Kensei Trapmonkey

Barb life TR build, full umd, full trapper, evasion, hopefully self healing.

Human

STR: 16 (27)
    CON: 16 (20)
    DEX: 16 (20)
    INT: 13 (16)
    WIS: 8 (11)
    CHA:9 (12)

Feats:
    Cleave
    Great Cleave
    Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    Improved Critical (Slashing)
    Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    Oversized Two Weapon Fighting
    Power Attack
    Stunning Blow
    Toughness
    Two Weapon Fighting
    Weapon Focus (Slashing)
    Weapon Specialization (Slashing)

Enhancements:
    Barbarian Constitution I
    Barbarian Damage Boost III
    Barbarian Extend Rage I
    Barbarian Extra Rage II
    Barbarian Frenzied Berzerker II
    Barbarian Hardy Rage II
    Barbarian Power Attack III
    Barbarian Power Rage IV
    Barbarian Sprint Boost II
    Barbarian Toughness II
    Fighter Attack Boost II
    Fighter Critical Accuracy II
    Fighter Haste Boost II
    Fighter Kensei I
    Fighter Strategy (Stunning Blow) II
    Fighter Strength II
    Human Adaptability Strength I
    Human Improved Recovery II
    Human Versatility I
    Kensei Specified Weapon Mastery I
    Racial Toughness II
    Rogue Dexterity I

Have 3 sorc, 2 wiz and fvs past life so they won't play any role for this melee build.

Any helpfull info welcome.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

I'd drop dex to 15 or even 14 and get more charisma and dump oversized for skill focus umd. Also scroll mastery 2 and 3rd rank human hjeal amp. What weapons are you going with? Don't see khop proficiency here :-)

Kensei 2 is good, Frenzied Berserker 2 is imo not that much better than FB1. Have you considered Ftr12/Barb6/Rog2? Or are you after a barbarian past life? I haven't thought much about it but something like a Barb7/Ftr6/Rog7 should give a barbarian PL also.

Edit: And I'd replace Oversized with EWF: Khopesh

Quote Originally Posted by Bart_D View Post
    Kensei 2 is good, Frenzied Berserker 2 is imo not that much better than FB1. Have you considered Ftr12/Barb6/Rog2? Or are you after a barbarian past life? I haven't thought much about it but something like a Barb7/Ftr6/Rog7 should give a barbarian PL also.

Seconded.

There's 2 good things about barbarian, movement rate and FB3, If you arent getting FB3 you want the least amount of barb levels possible to get the past life. And really, if you are splashing anything then you wont see FB3 until you are ready to TR anyway. So any kind of 8/6/6 or 7/7/6 builds are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Seconded.

There's 2 good things about barbarian, movement rate and FB3, If you arent getting FB3 you want the least amount of barb levels possible to get the past life. And really, if you are splashing anything then you wont see FB3 until you are ready to TR anyway. So any kind of 8/6/6 or 7/7/6 builds are the way to go.
    If this is a barb life, Fighter 12 won't cut it ;-)

FB2 also gives Supreme Cleave, which when combined with Cleave and Great Cleave, is hella-fun.

I did this on one of my lives, only I was (essentially) Rogue 2 / Barb 12 / Fighter 2 + junk other levels as the last ones are kinda irrelevant. I didn't take 19/20 except for like a day or so. You're only getting one 2nd-tier PRE anyway, and if you're going for a barb life, Supreme Cleave is just that much fun.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Yeah, this is a barb life so basicly it's a lvl 18 char before it flips over to the next life. Human for extra feat and skillpoints.

Thanks for the kopesh idea, I'll take bastard sword proficiency since flavoured ones are dirt cheap on the AH and I can craft.

7/7/6 or 8/6/6 splits are not really my thing, otherwise I'd just ride a sorc life and LR for class I want. With prestige 2 I get to see how the class plays at least.

/off to play with the builder

You don't know too much about barbs, do ya?

Kensai2- You get: Powersurge, which is +8 str, and you have access to haste boost 4, both of which are very nice.
    FB2- You get: Barbarian Rage, which is +8 str (by this lvl you will have Greater Rage and Power Rage 2 enhancements, which are pre-reqs for FB2, 6+2=8), access to dmg boost 4, and what seems to have been overlooked by many, (but I think is the *BEST* part of FB2) an increase of +1 to your crit dmg multiplier on 19-20, while raged (which is all the time, basically). This is not even mentioning Frenzy (stacking +2 str and 2d6 vicious dmg), which you get with FB1.

Now tell me again how Kensai2 is superior, and how FB2 is no better than FB1...

OP, don't let these anti-barb trolls scare you. FB2 is a very potent base for a multiclass dps toon. Also, I agree with Bart_D on one point- Khopesh Proficiency > OTWF.
    "Greet miles of trials with smiles. It riles them that you perceive the webs they weave" -Roger Daltrey Logenn/Masticus/Tyrione/Kemosabi/Warrforgery/
    Mechanically Synergia - Argonnessen

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

I'd take 12 barb/6 ranger over 12 barb/6 fighter any day, 6 ranger is just such a nice package between the DPS, self sufficiency and everything inbetween. Hell at cap in FotW you end up with 30 point resist, what's not to like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I'd take 12 barb/6 ranger over 12 barb/6 fighter any day, 6 ranger is just such a nice package between the DPS, self sufficiency and everything inbetween. Hell at cap in FotW you end up with 30 point resist, what's not to like?
    Oh idaknow, haste boost, crit accuracy, moar HP, heavy armor prof for those awkward tanking moments, picking feats that you actually want and not those forced upon you, str enhancement lines, stunning blow enh lines... you know, the little things.

edit: forgot toughness enhancements also

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    Oh idaknow, haste boost, crit accuracy, moar HP, heavy armor prof for those awkward tanking moments, picking feats that you actually want and not those forced upon you, str enhancement lines, stunning blow enh lines... you know, the little things.

Ha, 6 fighter has nothing on 6 ranger.
    +2 damage
    +2 strength
    +6 damage vs 2 enemies (elf and EO at end game)
    +10% offhand (aka +5.5% DPS)
    30 point resists in FotW
    6 skill points/level (if you put 2 rogue at the bottom this can help with trap skills)
    +7% dodge with tempest prereqs
    Devotion enhancements if you like to twist Healing Spring
    Rapid Shot/Precise Shot/Manyshot
    Haste Boost accessible via twist or 2 class splash

And I'm pretty sure that barbarian and fighter toughness enhancements don't stack besides that it's 12 HP difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Nope, Rogue is lvl 1 and 10 so trapskills and UMD are maxed out. I'm not into using pew-pew, nor am I going to do epics with this platform, as I said earlier it's a TR build.

As voodoogrooves suggested I'm going with FB2 asap - lvl 16 since I want some enhancements from fighter and a couple of feats. Can't do that with ranger. Doesn't let me pick feats I want. And fighter haste boost is just too sexy to miss out on.

Now if I were to make a bowbarian...

Kensai I is very underwhelming, I'd take more rogue levels before I'd do a kensai I build again, I played a 12barb/7fighter/1wiz build before and there just wasnt anything about kensai that stood out to me as a strong splash point
    \
    Khyber: Tachikoma - Minniee - Oneesan - Ibuqi - Muddii -Tachee - Oneechan
    The Guardians of Golden Gold, because guarding golden gold is serious business

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Yeah, this is a barb life so basicly it's a lvl 18 char before it flips over to the next life.
    In that case, why don't you do rog 2 / ftr 2 / barb 14 which jumps to barb 16 (or ftr 4) then TRs? You're going to have Kensai I for no more than, like, 5 minutes, so why waste any feats on the pre-reqs? Barbs get more skill pts than ftr, so you ought to be able to lower INT and still have enough to max UMD + traps.

Also, seeing a 36-pt melee build with less than max STR seems...odd. Why so much base DEX? Surely you must have taken at least a +2 DEX tome at some point, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    In that case, why don't you do rog 2 / ftr 2 / barb 14 which jumps to barb 16 (or ftr 4) then TRs? You're going to have Kensai I for no more than, like, 5 minutes, so why waste any feats on the pre-reqs? Barbs get more skill pts than ftr, so you ought to be able to lower INT and still have enough to max UMD + traps.

Also, seeing a 36-pt melee build with less than max STR seems...odd. Why so much base DEX? Surely you must have taken at least a +2 DEX tome at some point, yes?
    Frankly barb 13-17 doesn't offer anything that a barb 12 hasn't got enhancement wise. After 12 barb enchanments are a barren wasteland. Fighter 4 offers haste boost II, crit accuracy II and stunning blow enhances.

Though with the current feat setup (prof:Bsword instead of OTWF) I don't seem to find a feat I'd take instead of WF:Bsword. May as well take the kensai prereq.

OMG not MAX STR on a 36 point build! Really? High base DEX gives more reflex save. I tend to love usefull reflex saves with evasion. Have all +3 tomes actually...

Frankly barb 13-17 doesn't offer anything that a barb 12 hasn't got enhancement wise. After 12 barb enchanments are a barren wasteland. Fighter 4 offers haste boost II, crit accuracy II and stunning blow enhances.

Though with the current feat setup (prof:Bsword instead of OTWF) I don't seem to find a feat I'd take instead of WF:Bsword. May as well take the kensai prereq.

OMG not MAX STR on a 36 point build! Really? High base DEX gives more reflex save. I tend to love usefull reflex saves with evasion. Have all +3 tomes actually...
    Did you honestly want feedback for this build or did you just want other people to see it? Because with posts like this its hard to determine your intentions.
    \
    Khyber: Tachikoma - Minniee - Oneesan - Ibuqi - Muddii -Tachee - Oneechan
    The Guardians of Golden Gold, because guarding golden gold is serious business

Quote Originally Posted by kanbeki View Post
    Did you honestly want feedback for this build or did you just want other people to see it? Because with posts like this its hard to determine your intentions.
    It's posted for feedback. It's made for versatility and survivability and not for going pure DPS melee.

Another thing is that I don't pug but duo with a TR buddy which in a lot of situations requires me to tank stuff. For that matter taking more than 2 rogue levels which i have for maxing out skills doesn't do much damage wise. If there was either a dedicated CC-er or something else that draws aggro more rogue would be the way to go. As is fighter levels serve me better.

Weapon wise I would prefer to go khopesh or dwarf with dwarwen axes but I have none available (with lga slots, different metal properties) as I have all flavours of bastard swords. So untill i get 2x silver/ada/byeshk/coldiron khopeshes the bastard swords will stay.

Leveling wise at lvl 10 I'm 6b/2f/2r and gonna be pushing barb till 16. 18 is a final level of the build so I'm yet to decide if I'll swap out any other feats for those WF/WS slashing ones.

More HP ? Lv 25 Halfing 12/barb/6rgr/2 rog.. my last life. Self buffed i had more then 1200 HP ! Without ED and epic lv on lv 20 still almost 1k HP.. u think those few Hp points from ftr means something??

Also 2lv of rog gives u T1 Haste bost. 6lv of ftr gives u Haste boost T2.. its small difference. Ftr gives u better enhancements when u take 7 lv so smt like 12/7/1 (If u dont want evasion)

Heavy armor ? On barb ? Really ?? Rage gives u large penalties to AC, beside evasion wont work with heavy armor on, so thers no point using it on such a build.

If u want self suficiency and and good solo build with trap skill + evasion 12barb/6rgr/2rog is very good idea. I played with this build for half a year. I done on it lot of epic elite, all motu content, and what i can truly say.. this build gives u very good survavibility.
    Uncany dodge + static dodge (~7 from feats + static from Uncany if its works..+ items)+ghostly+blurry+minimal AC = Excelent survavibility.
    >>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 21th: 10drd/6rgr/4ftr - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 3rd life 16wiz/2mnk/2fvs .......Seljuck 4th life barb
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    More HP ? Lv 25 Halfing 12/barb/6rgr/2 rog.. my last life. Self buffed i had more then 1200 HP ! Without ED and epic lv on lv 20 still almost 1k HP.. u think those few Hp points from ftr means something??
    Wow! Almost 1k HP? On a halfling? And I'm sure those 7 toughnesses gave you plenty of combat feats you were able to utilise. Yes I must agree - those few enhancement gained HP don't mean anything compared to that.

Heavy armor ? On barb ? Really ?? Rage gives u large penalties to AC, beside evasion wont work with heavy armor on, so thers no point using it on such a build.
    Heavy armor has that stupid mechanic of giving you PRR. Tell me why would I not have it on when I'm in a quest that has a lot of heavy melee hitters and very few spellcasters? Besides, I am in light armour most of the time since everything heavier than that doesn't benefit with evasion.

If u want self suficiency and and good solo build with trap skill + evasion 12barb/6rgr/2rog is very good idea. I played with this build for half a year. I done on it lot of epic elite, all motu content, and what i can truly say.. this build gives u very good survavibility.
    Uncany dodge + static dodge (~7 from feats + static from Uncany if its works..+ items)+ghostly+blurry+minimal AC = Excelent survavibility.
    If I want a solo build I'll make a caster with evasion. Now if you have something usefull that I could use to improve this platform I'm on your info will be much appreciated. Everything listed there I already have and am using.
    Last edited by darthhento; 11-12-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Almost a shame it's only a TR build for past life.. a modified version with 12barb/6rogue/2fighter (or maybe 12/7/1) could be pretty interesting as a frenzied acrobat using Sireth at epic levels, with either dreadnaught or fury destiny.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

At lvl 15 finally scrounged up enough cheap flavoured khopeshes on the AH and swapped EWF: bsword to EWF: khop. I'm really loving high DEX as evasion is working almost flawlessly. The only thing I don't like is self-sufficiency which practicly doesn't exist. Out of combat it works decent but in-combat sucks.

Fuzzy, I really like the endgame idea of Sireth using raging acrobat. Would free up some feats on the base of the build leaving room to make it more durable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast