Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Correct Ron. If there is no information related to the confirmation question; your credentials cannot be confirmed. Which is why the only way to get past the COUNTRY issue is by going to your account information and updating your country. Had the confirmation question been to confirm your email, this issue would not have existed as your email information has always been required AND actually was transferred during the upgrade.

Another fun forum exercise, click the home button. Your results may vary, but mine have been rather interesting.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    Please explain how updating your account information would be a bad thing at all? After all, when account information becomes expired or unconfirmed is it not the first step to go and update the information?

For those that it has helped it is because the information itself was not transferred in the upgrade; hence, the need to update the information. Username is a different issue that deals with your data center server either getting corrupted or saved incorrectly.
    I'm not saying it's a bad thing. In fact, I'm saying it doesn't hurt, even if it has no impact on your ability to log into the forums.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    In case it's not clear, Cordovan, the specific issue that is (or was) preventing a lot of people (including me) from logging into the forums is this:

The first time you log in, you are prompted to provide your country of origin (which is limited to the U.S. or Canada). If, what you put into this box is NOT the same as the field you put in your account information, you will get a "Cannot process your request at this time, please try again later" error. This will not go away over time, you will get this error every time.

It is worth noting that in your account information, the country of origin input is marked as an "Optional" box. I did not fill this in, which is why I was getting that error. Going into the account settings and setting this optional entry to U.S. (and then saving) then allowed me to finally log into the forums with my account.

[and BTW: It sure is FUN having to log in twice every single time I want to post something. Once to start the response, and a second time to submit it. Gosh, I can sure see me posting a lot on the forums while this is going on!]
    Interesting! I will make sure to pass this along.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Anyone discovered why the workaround doesn't work for some peeps?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    : It probably doesn't hurt to sign into myaccount.turbine.com and make sure all of your account information (including email address) is correct, up-to-date, and doesn't return an error. This may not solve your problem, but it seems to have helped in a few cases. Even if it doesn't solve your forum login issue, it's probably good to have your info up-to-date.
    Incorrect, if i put my CORRECT info i cant log in, i have to lie and say i'm canadian or american-USA. Wassup whit that?

Community Member

The best fix for forum login issues you say ?

I bet it's not to use the forum!

Post Doesn't work for me.

Just reporting that it doesn't work for me.
    I'm able to login to myaccount with the same login/password as the forum, but they seen to not e associated/linked to each other.
    I'm Brazilian so feel free to correct any grammatical mistakes i might make .

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyD View Post
    Best fix for new forum login problems. Works!!!.
    I'm about to say "time travel"
    Last edited by ChaosReigns; 05-01-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyD View Post
    Best fix for new forum login problems
    = time travel

i think a lot of people forgot that myaccount was going to be down for a bit earlier today :P

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    Incorrect, if i put my CORRECT info i cant log in, i have to lie and say i'm canadian or american-USA. Wassup whit that?
    When i read your comment i tried to change again the info on the account page from turbine site to canadian, but nothing changed.

I got even more confused by your post.

Community Member

I just wanted to say that I'm able to log in both to forums and myaccount, have changed my country option there to Canada, us and then back to Poland but I didn't get any option to choose my country when I was trying to log in to forums.
    Then when I logged in to the forums, I got to choose my display name. Default was set to be my early access MotU beta subscription and I retained all my posting history associated with that account. The second option was to create a name for my f2p sub for which I tried my actual forum handle but couldn't save the changes. Can't even say door site why I can't as the pop up window I get is chopped at its sides and I only see the words "is not". It still boggles my mind how my beta access forum handle works and f2p doesn't. Thought it would be resolved after the downtime, but of course, no dice.

And Oh My Fricking God! I'm posting this from my phone and have a really hard time seeing what I write so far because only 2 lines of text are visible and all previously written text scrolls up and is hidden while 90% of remaining text box is greyed out

Workaround does nothing at this end.

Worked for me I can log in now all I can say is I hate the new fourm

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

no problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt View Post
    When i read your comment i tried to change again the info on the account page from turbine site to canadian, but nothing changed.

I got even more confused by your post.
    It's fixed now, i can put my real country in my account profile and still log into the forums.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123