Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Yep, also no dice for me. I'm still stuck with my old handle +2, and all history wiped.

I was finally able to login to myaccount instead of getting language name not found. Inside I had to set my country (in my profile) and confirm my password.

Finally I was able to login to the forum.

Smile That worked!

Yay!

Community Member

No dice for me
    The poster formerly known as MrkGrismer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrismer View Post
    No dice for me
    If you are talking about your name not being right, you have to submit a community ticket on the turbine support site to get them to fix it.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

didn't work for me either. it did get rid of the country selector, but I still get prompted for a forum name and can't choose "ironclan" already taken.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeikojinSama View Post
    If you are talking about your name not being right, you have to submit a community ticket on the turbine support site to get them to fix it.
    I did that yesterday. No dice for me on that.
    The poster formerly known as MrkGrismer

Well, all nice and dandy but still i hope the Turbine folks fix this mess, i want my nationality back (not that being canadian is bad mind you)

Community Manager

There are several issues happening right now that are preventing people from logging in using their credentials, some of which are temporary, and some are semi-permanent in that it's going to take some work on our end to resolve. Folks who attempt to sign in for the first time, experience an issue, attempt this workaround, and are then able to log in may well be experiencing a sporadic issue that is affecting account logins. So, in other words, if they had simply waited five minutes and then tried again, it would have worked as well. There are also issues that are deeper in our account management system that is preventing people from logging into the forums; these issues have the same symptom as the sporadic account issue.

If you are experiencing an issue logging into the forums, and waiting for a while before trying again doesn't resolve it, please send a ticket to DDO Community/Forum Support through support.turbine.com. We're gathering up everyone's details while we investigate and work on a fix. We do apologize for these issues, and are working as quickly as we can to resolve them.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Lets be clear, are you trying to say in a twisted way that we shouldn't have used the "workaround" to log in and that we should have sent a ticket instead?

Ok, two questions:

1) What problems can we expect for using the workaround?

2) Why didnt you post this earlier when this "solution" was in the forums yesterday?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    Lets be clear, are you trying to say in a twisted way that we shouldn't have used the "workaround" to log in and that we should have sent a ticket instead?

Ok, two questions:

1) What problems can we expect for using the workaround?

2) Why didnt you post this earlier when this "solution" was in the forums yesterday?
    1. If there are any issues caused by this, let us know. Probably nothing, though, as all you're doing is logging in using the basic procedure, with the additional step of re-confirming information and updating it all in myaccount.

2. I commented shortly after seeing the thread for the first time. Been busy!
    Join us on Twitch!

Just followed the advice, but didn't work for me

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There are several issues happening right now that are preventing people from logging in using their credentials, some of which are temporary, and some are semi-permanent in that it's going to take some work on our end to resolve. Folks who attempt to sign in for the first time, experience an issue, attempt this workaround, and are then able to log in may well be experiencing a sporadic issue that is affecting account logins. So, in other words, if they had simply waited five minutes and then tried again, it would have worked as well. There are also issues that are deeper in our account management system that is preventing people from logging into the forums; these issues have the same symptom as the sporadic account issue.

If you are experiencing an issue logging into the forums, and waiting for a while before trying again doesn't resolve it, please send a ticket to DDO Community/Forum Support through support.turbine.com. We're gathering up everyone's details while we investigate and work on a fix. We do apologize for these issues, and are working as quickly as we can to resolve them.
    You guys are great at updating stuff! /sarcasm

Community Member

Worked for me!

<--- Yudaback

Community Member

Hi using my sons account to post as I don't want to use mine till things are less confused, my son never had forum access as he cant write yet so he's not losing a forum name or posts etc.

This is nice and all but what about those of use that CAN log in using our game info but are then prompted to choose a new Display name and can't choose our previous one as it is "NOT ALLOWED". From what I have read in the forums if we do choose a new one we lose our greenis etc.

So what should those like me do?

I mean I haven't chosen a new name as I was waiting for this to be "fixed" yet others in the forums are saying they choose a new one and now have to send in a ticket to get their old forum name back etc.

So what do I do just wait and see and not post anymore in the hopes it gets fixed eventually or choose a new name and hope they can give me my old one back with all my greenis etc. Or will I then be screwed because they can't fix it ?

There's a clear lack of communication on Turbine part on what we should do.

Oh I have sent in a ticket explaining I can not choose my old forum name.

You would think it's pretty easy to see that there is two different problems, those that can't log in because of the country thing and those that can yet get the "name not allowed" error, and maybe you could post detailed directions for BOTH different problems.
    Last edited by Deany; 04-30-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

And I am telling you that you are flat out wrong. Many of us waited 5, 10, 15, and even an hour between log in attempts with no progression. We really are not idiots. Stop telling people that waiting will cure the issue as it is wrong. Try actually telling us what is causing the issue instead.

Did the new forum get tested at all by any type of quality assurance group? Does not take much testing to find the issues.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Deany View Post
    Hi using my sons account to post as I don't want to use mine till things are less confused, my son never had forum access as he cant write yet so he's not losing a forum name or posts etc.

This is nice and all but what about those of use that CAN log in using our game info but are then prompted to choose a new Display name and can't choose our previous one as it is "NOT ALLOWED". From what I have read in the forums if we do choose a new one we lose our greenis etc.

So what should those like me do?

*snip*
    For folks who are in this situation (meaning you are prompted to choose a new display name despite having a community account previously, and are not able to choose your previous community name): Send in a ticket to Community/Forum Support through support.turbine.com. We're gathering up everyone's information while we work on a fix for this. Once we have a more solid resolution plan, we'll be messaging you (probably both publicly and through the ticketing system.) What's happened is that your Community Account information has been made inaccessible due to a forum migration issue, and it's something we're working to fix as soon as possible.

I've seen enough posts from folks who say "it's worked!" that I guess I'd be willing to say this as a possible first step troubleshooting effort: It probably doesn't hurt to sign into myaccount.turbine.com and make sure all of your account information (including email address) is correct, up-to-date, and doesn't return an error. This may not solve your problem, but it seems to have helped in a few cases. Even if it doesn't solve your forum login issue, it's probably good to have your info up-to-date.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

It's worth noting though that at this time (11:11 AM Eastern on 5/1/13) myaccount.turbine.com is down for maintenance, so don't try it now.
    Join us on Twitch!

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

I've seen enough posts from folks who say "it's worked!" that I guess I'd be willing to say this as a possible first step troubleshooting effort: It probably doesn't hurt to sign into myaccount.turbine.com and make sure all of your account information (including email address) is correct, up-to-date, and doesn't return an error. This may not solve your problem, but it seems to have helped in a few cases. Even if it doesn't solve your forum login issue, it's probably good to have your info up-to-date.
    Please explain how updating your account information would be a bad thing at all? After all, when account information becomes expired or unconfirmed is it not the first step to go and update the information?

For those that it has helped it is because the information itself was not transferred in the upgrade; hence, the need to update the information. Username is a different issue that deals with your data center server either getting corrupted or saved incorrectly.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

In case it's not clear, Cordovan, the specific issue that is (or was) preventing a lot of people (including me) from logging into the forums is this:

The first time you log in, you are prompted to provide your country of origin (which is limited to the U.S. or Canada). If, what you put into this box is NOT the same as the field you put in your account information, you will get a "Cannot process your request at this time, please try again later" error. This will not go away over time, you will get this error every time.

It is worth noting that in your account information, the country of origin input is marked as an "Optional" box. I did not fill this in, which is why I was getting that error. Going into the account settings and setting this optional entry to U.S. (and then saving) then allowed me to finally log into the forums with my account.

[and BTW: It sure is FUN having to log in twice every single time I want to post something. Once to start the response, and a second time to submit it. Gosh, I can sure see me posting a lot on the forums while this is going on!]
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast