Angry Join the "NO MORE MONEY REVOLUTION"

Come join the revolution, all welcome to join. Maybe if the revolution grows big enough, then we the paying peoples voices will be heard! * Dont get me wrong F2P people, I started off F2P and went to premium * If enough people decide to not pay for a month, the bigwigs might actually listen to some of our complaints! The more people who join, the more power we will have to make a difference.

Lets just start by listing 5 things that could be better in game.

Lets also list things that are a total slap in the face like, O I dont know maybe wasting time and money making a new forum??

I personally will not spend a penny more on this game until the corporate bung-holes start listening to the people who make this game possible. If corporate wants to drive thier paying customers away, then I think they are doing a terrific job.

So lets see if we can get someones attention by not paying any money to Turbine for 1 month.

Remember, the more who join, the more powerful we become!!!!

NO MORE MONEY REVOLUTION!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dynok View Post
    Come join the revolution, all welcome to join. Maybe if the revolution grows big enough, then we the paying peoples voices will be heard! * Dont get me wrong F2P people, I started off F2P and went to premium * If enough people decide to not pay for a month, the bigwigs might actually listen to some of our complaints! The more people who join, the more power we will have to make a difference.

Lets also list things that are a total slap in the face like, O I dont know maybe wasting time and money making a new forum??

I personally will not spend a penny more on this game until the corporate bung-holes start listening to the people who make this game possible. If corporate wants to drive thier paying customers away, then I think they are doing a terrific job.

So lets see if we can get someones attention by not paying any money to Turbine for 1 month.

Fail. You don't seem to understand how QUARTERLY profits work in a corporation. Losing profit for 1 month is generally regarded as a setback, and not really noticed, CEO's and Boardroom directors blame that on the economy and hard times. A "Quarter" would mean 1 year/4 ((12/4=3)) meaning for you to hope to have an impact, you would have to get (by my assumption strictly) 220,000 people playing this game to NOT spend money for three months to garner any attention in the boardroom.

---disclaimer---

** I come to my assumed number of 220,000 from the number of people that have "liked" ddo's FaceBook page which was at 109,000 people as of this morning 4/29/2013. based on the number of actual people in the world (hundreds of millions) that have a FaceBook account, I concluded that doubling the number of likes was probably a safe measure of the number of players in the game. Now I get the flaws, but for the sake of my argument, I feel relatively safe in the assumption, give or take 100,000 players**

Exclamation Nmmr (no more money revolution)

Thank you for that input. The 1 month is just the beginning. If enough join then we can expand on it more, like maybe 3 months. Its all gonna be in the masses that join to be able to make a impact.

Community Member

1 month does nothing. Instead, if you really disagree with turbine this much, I would suggest taking a break for a few months and coming back after a cool down period.

Cool

I cant take a "cool down period". Sounds like someones trying to kill the NMMR. Its a revolution and needs to be heard!

Cool

I cant take a "cool down period". Sounds like someones trying to kill the NMMR. Its a revolution and needs to be heard!

POWER TO THE PAYING PEOPLE!!!!

Community Member

THINGS THAT ARE A SLAP IN THE FACE:

Being hit in the face with an open hand.

I assure you, the moment Turbine does this, I will stop paying them.
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    THINGS THAT ARE A SLAP IN THE FACE:

Being hit in the face with an open hand.

I assure you, the moment Turbine does this, I will stop paying them.
    This made me giggle.

Anyway, I will not join the revolution. I have no issues with the direction the game is going, nor do I get hit with lag or loads of bugs. Heck, I even like the forums. They'll still get my $30 a month (2 accounts) plus two point bundles a month...and I'll buy the expansion as soon as it's announced!
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by umeantnothing View Post
    Fail. You don't seem to understand how QUARTERLY profits work in a corporation. Losing profit for 1 month is generally regarded as a setback, and not really noticed, CEO's and Boardroom directors blame that on the economy and hard times. A "Quarter" would mean 1 year/4 ((12/4=3)) meaning for you to hope to have an impact, you would have to get (by my assumption strictly) 220,000 people playing this game to NOT spend money for three months to garner any attention in the boardroom.
    Not really, because if they stopped for one month, unless they spent extra to make up for it the others, it'd still show up.

That said... I am really not that outraged. From my point of view, since I showed up, they've done okay. They said there was an admitted problem with the level of bugginess, and they would do some bug fix patches. They did. They have released a beta mac client. The new forums, I don't immediately see a lot of benefit, and it's certainly been sorta botched, but I don't know what the reasons for this were, and they may have been good reasons. Say, "old software too old and not getting security patches" or something.
    Yes, that seebs.

I appreciate the passion you have for this game.

But it is a game. There is no revolution, you just go do something else.

While I appreciate constructive criticism and healthy debates, this kind of stuff sounds like an 8 year old crying because he didn't get his way.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    Not really, because if they stopped for one month, unless they spent extra to make up for it the others, it'd still show up.

That said... I am really not that outraged. From my point of view, since I showed up, they've done okay. They said there was an admitted problem with the level of bugginess, and they would do some bug fix patches. They did. They have released a beta mac client. The new forums, I don't immediately see a lot of benefit, and it's certainly been sorta botched, but I don't know what the reasons for this were, and they may have been good reasons. Say, "old software too old and not getting security patches" or something.
    It would still show up, but as far as quarterly earnings go, it is nothing but a drop in the bucket and would be glossed over.

In the boardroom, they would only focus on making that money up, wouldn't take much, just release Otto's Boxes again for a week or two and done.

Community Member

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    It would still show up, but as far as quarterly earnings go, it is nothing but a drop in the bucket and would be glossed over.
    Depends on how large a number it is, but quite possibly.

In the boardroom, they would only focus on making that money up, wouldn't take much, just release Otto's Boxes again for a week or two and done.
    I'd tend to agree with this.
    Yes, that seebs.

Community Member

Well, just to clarify, I took almost a year off, and am glad I did. I came back knowing and expecting the same old failed policy of letting the player base down, making the same promises of "quality of life bug fixes" (even though they added the phrase "quality of life) and the expected lowering of players expectations so when something new like bugged druids were added, or more bugged handwraps for example, when/if a fix was implemented players would be happy.

I am glad I did take the near year off, as now I just hop in, I play old school (I once purchased MoTU in the DDOMarket, but since Turbine couldn't seem to make the instructions to add the gamecode match their webpage to do so, and I tried for 2 days, I demanded my money back when I was forced to call in on that particular Monday.....And surprisingly enough, it was refunded). I realized focusing on a Completionist is MUCH more fulfilling than dealing with the rest, and I am actually enjoying the game more doing so.

You might just give it a try, you will come back to the game you loved, and find a way to make it work so you still love to play it.

And, you will get what you want, at least 1 month where you aren't giving Turbine your money as protest, same as my feelings were at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

No more money?

Ottos boxes will be out again in the next 14 days and I want a couple.

Also, the only bug that I really notice is the Wail/ Implosion bug - but my DCs blow so bad that I never notice anyway :-)

Community Member

I have a feeling this game is struggling, and if you got a big following to your cause it would only see the game cancelled. Just stay on the ride as long as you still enjoy it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evil-I View Post
    I have a feeling this game is struggling, and if you got a big following to your cause it would only see the game cancelled. Just stay on the ride as long as you still enjoy it.
    If it was struggling to the point of death I highly doubt they'd be launching new forums?

Community Member

" No turbine don't you do anything that makes dealing with customers more easy , You better not make a forum more functional I had a digital accomplishment of 10,000 posts "

If this is your main rant you need to get a new hobby cause obviously this game isn't cutting it for you .

I pulled my cc with this forum abomination. No more money till I have confidence in their billing system to not be a greater risk than other mmo's. I could do the prepaid cc thing but that involves going to the store for one, and with my bad leg, well going shopping to get a card to pay for something online just isn't going to happen for the principle of the thing. Their is always risk to online transactions but turbine has been causing needless risk.