Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default Broken Links? Lost subscriptions? Destroying a Community? Why?

    Why install a new system that destroys old forum links? With one sweep you have 404 ALL of your incoming Google searches. I personally have a tiddlywiki with 100s of links to various builds and other useful links. I often sent these links to new players to make it easier for them to get into the game.


    Subscriptions? All gone? Why?

    Who in Turbine agreed to this destruction of the community?

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Varz View Post
    Why install a new system that destroys old forum links? With one sweep you have 404 ALL of your incoming Google searches. I personally have a tiddlywiki with 100s of links to various builds and other useful links. I often sent these links to new players to make it easier for them to get into the game.


    Subscriptions? All gone? Why?

    Who in Turbine agreed to this destruction of the community?
    They really only need to fix the redirect so that it replaces the url's /en/ with /forums/ so that there are no error 404's. If you have an error 404 on something you want to get to that fixes it.

    Subscriptions are gone? I have subscribed to a few threads already today, and if it wiped the threads you were subscribed to (I don't know because bug made me lose my display name and so all the posts that were with it), well that does suck. However, I doubt they meant to and reckon it is attached to how they messed up the redirect.

    The subscribed threads try to find the threads and find nothing so unsubscribe. I can't say for sure but that is probably it.

    Perhaps I am optimistic but as long as they fix the redirect I will hardly be upset by the change. I like the new forum look so far.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SMDrake View Post
    They really only need to fix the redirect so that it replaces the url's /en/ with /forums/ so that there are no error 404's. If you have an error 404 on something you want to get to that fixes it.

    Subscriptions are gone? I have subscribed to a few threads already today, and if it wiped the threads you were subscribed to (I don't know because bug made me lose my display name and so all the posts that were with it), well that does suck. However, I doubt they meant to and reckon it is attached to how they messed up the redirect.

    The subscribed threads try to find the threads and find nothing so unsubscribe. I can't say for sure but that is probably it.

    Perhaps I am optimistic but as long as they fix the redirect I will hardly be upset by the change. I like the new forum look so far.
    LOL you said fix....

    Forums are ugly and unwieldy IMO...

    Even if the front page graphics look cool the functionality sucks cow pies...

    Tooeach their own I guess.. But I see this design as discouraging forum participation.. But perhaps that's a good thing...

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    LOL you said fix....

    Forums are ugly and unwieldy IMO...

    Even if the front page graphics look cool the functionality sucks cow pies...

    Tooeach their own I guess.. But I see this design as discouraging forum participation.. But perhaps that's a good thing...
    The front page of the forums is almost exactly like old forums.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/forum.php

    Is the forums front page. What you are thinking of is the community's front page which when you go over to community at the top and go to forums it mistakenly redirects you

    Edit: That said, they should also fix that to. Well I mistakes when doing something like this they shouldn't make one as big as the redirect or mislink one of the most crucial sections of the forums
    Last edited by SMDrake; 04-29-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload