Community Member

Default How to alienate your customers

step one: don't let them log into the forums with their old forum name if it was different from the game login name

step two: don't let them log into the forums with the game login name either

step three: pretend all DDO players are from north America (I created this forum account so that I had a chance to post anything at all, I HAD to choose a nationality (not optional), and I HAD to choose between Canadian and US American (no other options were available). In other words, I was forced to to lie in order to be able to post on this forum.

Btw, my forum handle which I had used since I joined (july 2010) to now (was logged into the forum with it no longer than 2 hours before starting to try to log into the new forums) doesn't seem to be available, but I'm not sure for what reason.

I just have to ask: Is this an active effort to drive customers away from DDO?

Community Member

Angry agreed

Its bad. And they should feel bad for it......

You should change it to... how do you get rid of the people who are just hanging out in the forums and not playing and detracting from the game... LOL

Seriously- how many posts have you seen say, * I dont play any more but...*

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycat View Post
    You should change it to... how do you get rid of the people who are just hanging out in the forums and not playing and detracting from the game... LOL

Seriously- how many posts have you seen say, * I dont play any more but...*
    I'm still playing DDO a lot (on a daily basis if time permits), and I don't intend to stop. What bugs me is the fact that I cannot log on to the forums with my old forum handle or with my game login name, which forced me to create a new DDO account with the sole purpose of being able to post on the forums.

Community Member

Found this great thread here with even the first post edited with how to get your old forum account name back.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ry-again-later

Community Member

Ahh dammit I already changed my name, and it looks like I cant change it back now....

Also, another good way: use a horrible unreadable title font for all your text to make it super obnoxious on your eyes to read through the forums...

It won't let me put a - in my name anymore.

7-day_trial_monkey is dead.

Long live 7day_trial_monkey!

Just posting here a solution that worked for me to be able to log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    He is how I solved this issue:

Go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/
    Use your game credentials to log in.
    Go to Account Profile.
    Confirm your email
    Make sure country is either USA or Canada
    confirm your password.
    submit

now try logging into the forums.
    Hopefully it works for you all as well.

Good luck.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Saw that after I first tried to login and it told me to pick a forum name. I put my good old 7-day_trial_monkey in and it kept saying 'not allowed'.

So I took out the - and it took it.

Following those directions give me the confirmation email alright, but when I login to the forum I'm still stuck on this new forum account.

Why would something as straightforward as letting people keep their forum names be so screwed up on migrating to this forum software??!??!?

If they couldn't make that part of the process automatic, the move should never have been done.

I therefore will punish them by spending money for the next 6 months elsewhere.

Thumbs up Nope

Quote Originally Posted by floydpepper View Post
    step one: don't let them log into the forums with their old forum name if it was different from the game login name

step three: pretend all DDO players are from north America (I created this forum account so that I had a chance to post anything at all, I HAD to choose a nationality (not optional), and I HAD to choose between Canadian and US American (no other options were available). In other words, I was forced to to lie in order to be able to post on this forum.

Btw, my forum handle which I had used since I joined (july 2010) to now (was logged into the forum with it no longer than 2 hours before starting to try to log into the new forums) doesn't seem to be available, but I'm not sure for what reason.

They have been driving players away sense day one. The forum and reset of user names is the best thing sense sliced bread

I'd argue that you needed a step prior to three - two-A, perhaps: refuse to allow them to create an account with their old name, but refuse to change the password or allow access to it.

I'm not certain. If they wanted a forum wipe, "OOOPS!! The hamsters all suddenly died from Mummy Rot!" would have caused less irritation.

The game isn't really affected as far as I've seen, though I wonder if they'll ever bother with MyDDO Lotto again.

If they even know MyDDO is borked.

I chose Canada... if it is good enough for Shatner... then it is good enough for me!
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    Just posting here a solution that worked for me to be able to log on.

Hopefully it works for you all as well.

Good luck.
    That's not working for everybody. Happy some people got it to work, but for others, like myself, it's not.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kruemeli View Post
    I chose Canada... if it is good enough for Shatner... then it is good enough for me!
    I chose Canada as well, so hello, fellow self proclaimed honorary Canadian .

Unfortunately phillymiket's workaround didn't work; I took all steps, got a confirmation mail by Turbine, and still can't log in (neither my old forum name nor my account name work).

Community Member

I chose Canada as well, so hello, fellow self proclaimed honorary Canadian .

Unfortunately phillymiket's workaround didn't work; I took all steps, got a confirmation mail by Turbine, and still can't log in (neither my old forum name nor my account name work).
    don't worry sizz, if you make a cold sorc you are accepted as honorary canadian

Community Member

Close to working. I can post again, but without post history and needed a gratuitous underscore after my name =/

Community Member

Bottom line is, this is poor foresight by Turbine and their web designers.

I'm quite tired of the player base having to find/create a fix for the messes these 'employees' work so hard to make.

Default Epiphany! (tinfoil hat style)

I created this forum account so that I had a chance to post...
    Ah-ha!
    They (Turbine) needed to show (WB/investors) that the game is growing and thriving despite all that silly hoopla regarding dissastified customers. Solution? Make a bunch o' people create new accounts so they can use the forums and POOF! Instant game growth!

Angry

Join the NMMR, ( No More Money Revolution ). Dont spend anymore money on turbine until they start fixing issues and things the players want. Wasting time and resorces on BS like new forums is unacceptable!!!!

POWER TO THE PLAYERS!!!