Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeeper1981 View Post
    No, I'm actually not a casual player. I play almost every day, for quite a while. As far as not using the full potential of my monk goes, that, too, is an erroneous assumption. A lot of other monk players tend to focus on getting as much DPS potential out of their monks, as possible. I took a different tactic: I wanted a monk that was more balanced and versatile for my needs. When I play, it is usually under three different conditions: with a static group made up of my husband and my best friend, with a PuG, or solo. This means that my toon's role tends to change, depending on the situation and the quest. When soloing, I need to be as self-sufficient as possible, as well as be able to control the mobs that like to surround me. When in my static three-man team, I'm the closest thing to a tank in our party, so I kind of have to fake it. In addition, I'm often sent out in front, in order to ensure that any traps not spotted by my friend only goes off on me, since I have the improved evasion and reflex saves to survive it. When in PuGs, I like to make sure I can survive long enough, if the situation goes bad, so I can raise key members to salvage the situation. I don't think my equipment is terrible, as it seems to serve me well both on EH and EE runs. My whole point is that, in order to ensure that my monk's build matches my own play style and needs, I don't have everything, as a monk player. My second point is that I seriously doubt that many other monk players, on live, are able to have everything, as well.

But as you seem to misunderstand a lot of what I say, I also seem to have misunderstood your own position: I had thought you were advocating making a lot of monk abilities LESS effective, which is usually what people want, when they start talking about how OP monks are. This being said, I still get nervous when people begin talking about overpowered monks, as a dev's reaction usually begins and ends with taking things away from the monk class, rather than adding things to other classes to balance things out.
    you say you cant have it all. you say you dont have set of +4 tomes and full epic elite gear - so youre not hardcore power player. You play for pleasure so ure casual player O.o Whats wrong with that assumption?
    Hardcore not-casual players have lots of best gear and have no problem having almost all of it on monk. Lol.
    I also never said that on live youcan have it all - I meant on Lammania.
    And truth is I dont want to nerf monks I just want boost to other melees

I also understand your worry - knowing monk nerf history with ToD and EiN - and so many "nerf this class cause its better than mine" threads,

I was playing around on Lamannia earlier today and swapped some of the epic feat choices. By grabbing an item with some spell points on it and taking Epic Mage Armor I can boost the AC from 133 to 149. That involved first losing 4 AC to 129 and then getting the stacking 20 AC from EMA.

On a L28 character the tool tip reads 78% defense at level with that 149 AC.

Ran eHard BoB before the changes (still at the 133 AC) and, with Ivy Wraps, never ended an encounter below max HP.

In fact, only had issues when the two water elementals spawned going for the chests as their cold attacks were not physical damage. Fortunately they both died to quivering palm....

Now, I was soloing the quest so scaling is involved. But, it was easier to complete on eHard than it is on live now running eNormal.

I am liking these changes -- a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    I am still trying to figure out how to achieve both Empty handed and the 30% from Ninja. That would rock if it could happen
    Total AP required to Unlock "No Mercy" [Tier 4 Ninja] requires 20 AP in Tree Spent

Total AP required to Unlock "Empty Handed" [Tier 5 Shintao] requires 40 AP in Tree Spent

That is 60 AP out of 80, leaving 20 left over.

My trouble is that my Monk is a HElf / Cleric Dilly, which requires 20AP spent in the Racial Tree to unlock the 3rd tier of the Dilettante Improvement

Spending 42 AP in Shintao and 21 in the racial tree leaves me with 17 AP left. No Mercy would need to only require 15Ap spent in the tree to fit it all in. 15 AP means opening up No-Mercy with 2 AP left over to actually purchase 2 of the 3 ranks, assuming the cost is 1AP per tier.

Another option is to lower the cost required to be spent in the Racial Tree by 5 AP, dropping the required AP for the 3rd tier Dilly from 20 AP down to 15. Doing that, buys me the 20 AP in Ninja and allows for 2 ranks in No Mercy. However, I believe this option is more complicated because all of the Dilettante stuff is probably set up the same way.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Total AP required to Unlock "No Mercy" [Tier 4 Ninja] requires 20 AP in Tree Spent

Total AP required to Unlock "Empty Handed" [Tier 5 Shintao] requires 40 AP in Tree Spent

That is 60 AP out of 80, leaving 20 left over.

My trouble is that my Monk is a HElf / Cleric Dilly, which requires 20AP spent in the Racial Tree to unlock the 3rd tier of the Dilettante Improvement

Spending 42 AP in Shintao and 21 in the racial tree leaves me with 17 AP left. No Mercy would need to only require 15Ap spent in the tree to fit it all in. 15 AP means opening up No-Mercy with 2 AP left over to actually purchase 2 of the 3 ranks, assuming the cost is 1AP per tier.

Another option is to lower the cost required to be spent in the Racial Tree by 5 AP, dropping the required AP for the 3rd tier Dilly from 20 AP down to 15. Doing that, buys me the 20 AP in Ninja and allows for 2 ranks in No Mercy. However, I believe this option is more complicated because all of the Dilettante stuff is probably set up the same way.
    Yeah, being a HElf does complicate things, especially if you're a HElf exactly for the benefits of the Dilettante enhancements. I like the idea of lowering the costs spent in the Racial Trees by another 5 AP, though. Even as a straight Human monk, I still felt I was spending a lot of points. But the idea I like, more, is simply removing the need to spend a certain number of action points within a specific tree. On live, the enhancements only track 1) the total number of points spent, and 2) if you've met the prerequisites of the particular enhancement you want. I'm not exactly sure why it can't remain that way, with the new enhancement changes. Would that really make the changes in the prestige classes that broken/overpowered, to only track the total number of points spent and prerequisites?
    Power corrupts. Absolute power is really kinda neat.

Main Toon: Oryara Kenna Kanja of Khyber
    YourDDO Page: http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/khyber/Oryara/

I just need that 5AP from somewhere. I would prefer it came out of the Racial Tree becuase that tree seems so expensive. I also remember the Devs stating they wont go away from points spent in a tree.

Varg: Please free up 5 AP for unarmed Monks.

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Yeah, they seem pretty fixated on keeping it that way. The only thing I can think of is that, somewhere, some build will be incredibly overpowered if they didn't keep it to a tree, but I'm not sure how. Then again, I only really play Oryara, as I'm kind of obsessed about "perfecting" her, so the answer may be in one of the other class trees, if it isn't in the monk trees.

Well, they can easily free up some action points by changing Iron Skin back to just 1 point. I can understand Deft Strikes being 2 AP, especially as it's the root enhancement needed to get Iron Skin, Reed, Ki Shout, and others, but Iron Skin already has a built-in trade-off by requiring the player to be in Earth Stance. Certainly, Deft Strikes helps with that, but, again, the player is still giving up things like extra doublestrike or reflex saves or what have you, by having to switch over to Earth Stance to get that extra PRR. I hadn't looked at it in a few days, but didn't they also raise the cost of Reed in the Wind? If they did, they can lower those costs back to 1 AP, too.

Finally, while it doesn't really affect AP costs, simply because I pretend it's not there, I'm still pretty stumped by Exemplar, or whatever enhancement that gives extra points into intimidate and heal. Considering they are not class skills, and further considering that ki shout works off of concentration, NOT intimidate, it would make more sense for that to add even more to concentration, wouldn't it? Yes, there's an enhancement above it that does that, already, and with a bit of point distribution savvy--and the willingness to give up other goodies you could otherwise have--you can get more concentration from the other trees. But that being said, more couldn't hurt, if someone really needs to get a mob's attention.

Another alternative would be to make Exemplar improve the healing abilities of the triple light finisher: maybe something like stacking devotion? Shoot, I'm fairly sure that, rather than feeling like their territory is being invaded, healers would appreciate the extra help to keep the party members on their feet, even if a light monk's healing really isn't anything near what a healer can accomplish. For example, with an Epic Hard Shamanic Fetish, I seem to be able to self-heal for about 100 hp, and to heal others for about 70 hp and above, depending on their healing amp; extra stacking devotion to raise that by even another 50 hp would be rather nice. Certainly, my monk wouldn't--nor shouldn't--replace a dedicated healer, but she can help take the pressure off of the real healers, ya know? (I still think that increasing the cost of the heal spell to "compensate" for that thing that supposedly keeps a caster from losing SP was overkill: that little ability does NOT help a healer in a real six-party quest, let alone a raid. All it does is force the healer to drink MORE mana pots--but that's for another thread. Sorry, I HAD to let that little rant out.) Further, the simple fact that, in order to really make use of this, the monk would HAVE to give up a LOT of DPS (she couldn't use her elemental strikes, let alone the abilities from GMoF) in order to spam her Shintao strikes to prime the triple finisher as fast as possible, would be the perfect thing to balance out the extra boost to her healing. Well, maybe? I know a lot of other monks prefer to use other trees like LD or PA. But I'm thinking that the monk would still need to give up using the active abilities, in order to spam those light strikes, no?

I'd love to see what others think of changing Exemplar to something more useful.

EDIT:

Looks like they didn't raise the cost of Reed. Just Iron Skin.
    Last edited by TheKeeper1981; 08-01-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Default Concerns

I am very worried where these enhancements are taking the Monk class. DDO monks, and D&D monks, are all about the unarmed fighting. If I wanted to be a fighter, I would have chosen fighter. But the classes seem to be starting to melt into each other instead of reaching for innovative changes.
    There are two types of people: those who need closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    I am very worried where these enhancements are taking the Monk class. DDO monks, and D&D monks, are all about the unarmed fighting. If I wanted to be a fighter, I would have chosen fighter. But the classes seem to be starting to melt into each other instead of reaching for innovative changes.
    You can still do all that, you can be the unarmed fighting master you are now.

However there are now other weapon options for those who don't want to be that style all the time. Those other weapon styles needed help to compete with handwraps in the game, and they got it. Maybe not perfect, but now their may be more ways to build monks than before.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    The unarmed Monk is better than before. Dont look in Just Shintao. Although No Mercy is just out of reach right now, there are a lot of other nice enhancements.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    You can't stun red names for one, and QP stinks and never works in EE even with 60 wisdom and 20 monk levels is a pitiful 45dc. Heck that wouldn't even stick in epic hard, and only half the time on normal. GMoF? Your joking right? That is a junk ED for dps, whose only saving grace is EiN every 5 mins. I always get asked when I join a CiTW if i have EiN on my monk and say NO, then I rock PA and use tree form to spank mobs and lloth for 800 a swing out dpsing 4 other Meeles combined, not to mention clear trash and the 2 mini bosses so fast they barely summon any trash, faster than a stupid every 5 min EiN monk with gimp dps.

Stunning fist while nice is not the be all end all, especially now sireth with only 5 monk levels becomes a 14-20x3 weapon with improved crit. Add to that a +25% to double strike up 90% of the time with 2 rogue levels, and the the epic destiny FoW (knockdowns last 10 seconds not 6, have no save, and make enemies helpless, and using greatcleave knocks down everyone around you!) and stunning fist hardly seems to redeem unarmed. Especially since an easily obtainable 50% double strike 90% of the time means huge dps, while regenerating furies often.

Learn more about the game mechanics and building toons before you claim monks using weapons are "rare" or what you consider "goodies".
    I will just ignore the remarks on my knowledge, and concentrate on the facts. Devs have said that QP will get increase in DC from sunder + combat mastery items, so it will become on par with stunning fist, and the DC you can get should be more than enough to make QP very useful considering how much HP the mobs in EE have. And yes, I would rather run in tree form than use EiN... Tree form though is not same as FoW, so there's a choice to be made, but yes, FoW Sireth is good way to go based on my testing with 2 rogue levels since posting this and trying to find alternative to stunning fist.

BUT the problem like you are later in the threads stating is the fact that nothing else is even remotely useful in the Henshin Mystic tree but the quarterstaff line and the tier 5 abilities. Even the quick strike is much worse than available in Rogue Acrobat line 16s cooldown vs 20s cooldown. Still stunning fist is always there, always ready albeit only for one target. You get multiple mobs on EE as a monk and your adrenaline is not up, well... But I would guess qstaff and fist are more on par nowadays.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    Sorry for the rage posting, I was just ****ed to see defensive strikes on my monkarcher nerfed into oblivion.
    I find that my monkcher got a huge boost, though not defensively. If you lower your levels on monk to 6, and take some fighter levels for feats to get grandmaster stances, OC crit, combat archery, and the fact that my damage increased quite a lot whenever my slaying arrows/aimed shot is up, though the SP drainage is something of a worry. Didn't even have points to get defensive strikes, and didn't miss it go...

Edit: my burst damage, haven't yet tested average damage over time
    Last edited by Loranth; 08-02-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    1. Ninjaspy is moderate. Right now Shadow Double doesn't work. It's 100% NOT working. I bug reported it. I tested it multiple times/ways. Also, Touch of Death is too expensive imo. It's far easier to get it on a splash right now on live. Lame. Also, I need more incentive to do short swords. Stunning fist is too good. So... either make SS better in tree OR make them ki-stunable. That's my opinion. We're close. But not quite there in the NS tree.
    Actually Shadow Double DOES work, and I have verified it many times. It works with qstaff, normal fist attacks, etc. HOWEVER, Touch of Death on unarmed is bugged (along with Fists of Iron and other abilities except normal elemental monk attacks which work correctly). You only get one attack with Touch of Death and Fists of Iron and others if you are unarmed. If you have qstaff in your hand, it double procs (and can also proc on glancing hits). I haven't tested on short swords, but I would assume that is the case as well. I have not tested whether Touch of Death/Fists of Iron work with left hand strikes, but I assume it does not (didn't have any two weapon fighting feats trained when tested, so tested only doublestrike).

Edit: secondary weapon strikes -> left hand strikes (on unarmed).
    Last edited by Loranth; 08-02-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Default Impressions

So, I spent some time testing on Lammaland, and I'm looking forward to the new enhancements, with some trepidation. I do have some bugs and some suggestions.

Bugs: Henshin mystic animal form abilities don't appear to be scaling properly. I noticed that it gave only 5 hp as a lvl 12 monk, instead of the 15 advertised. I tested this on a lvl 20 monk as well, but forgot to write down the results before LR'ing, so some confirmation there would be nice.

As others have mentioned, Sting of the Ninja isnt working with Vorpal strikes, which seems a shame.

I can also confirm the above poster's observation that many special attacks result in a mainhand-attack-only when unarmed, which makes them pretty unattractive. In addition to the offenders mentioned above (Touch of Death, eagle claw/unbalancing strike), Reed in the wind and Shadow Double suffer from this.

Observations:
    Shintao- Interesting tree, but oddly focused. This has been mentioned before as well, but it's disappointing that there are exactly two options in this tree to increase your unarmed damage: Empty-Handed Mastery, and Deft Strikes. As compared to the other melee trees, this feels a bit lacking. I think that the attempted emphasis on making Shintao a tanking tree was a bit misguided, since it leaves unarmed monks without many offensive abilities to aim for, and all the tanking abilities can/will be appropriated by other builds by splashing monk (more on this later).

That said, the Kukan-Do tree is full of nice abilities. However, Smite Tainted, Jade Strike, and Tomb of Jade are all of pretty questionable use, due to DC calculations of DC = 10 + monklevel + wis mod. They will be extremely useful in heroic levels, but in epic levels the DC calculation essentially stagnates, while mob saves skyrocket. With a near max-wis monk, the DCs for these (long-cooldown) abilities, are in the high 40s. This makes them of extremely limited use in epic levels- they are unlikely to be used outside of epic normal. Quivering palm is similarly neutered in epics, although I understand there's a plan to make it affected by shatter in the future. Stunning fist (and kukan-do) remain useful due to the ability to boost their DCs with items, but the Jade abilities do not. Although not part of the Kukan-Do progression, all of the above applies to Dismissing Strike.

The monk enhancement Instinctive Defense costs 2 ap/tier, while the paladin and fighter version cost 1. Even at 1 ap/tier, this is a weak ability, and I'd suggest adding some extra fortification to it or additional PRR, to make it vaguely worthwhile. Why it exists at the 2nd highest tier in Shintao is beyond me. As for Violence Begets violence, I havent really tested its usefulness, but I am skeptical. Anyone had the opportunity to get a feel for this in various (mostly epic elite) content?

I think Iron Skin is appropriately priced at 2 ap/tier, although I would like to see the earth stance restriction removed. When there's only improvement to one of the four stances available, that creates a strong incentive for using only that stance. Conversely, the Grandmaster of Flowers destiny provides separate bonuses to each of the four stances, and this works well. On that note, I like the idea of a Tier5 stance enhancement in Meditation of Battle, but right now all the bonuses are pretty marginal to weak. The fire stance bonus is nice, but the rest of the tree incentivizes earth stance, so not sure what to make of that.

Ninja Spy: Spent some time playing with this, and was mostly pleased. It's an odd choice to put No Mercy in the tree where users are less likely to be using stunning fist due to weapons. The flash bomb is a fun toy, albeit one I doubt that I'd use regularly. Shadow Double is cool, despite the single-hand strike issue. Neg-leveling other players in the vicinity with the Touch of Despair finisher remains hilarious. I played around with Celestia and Rebellion for a while, and shortsword monks are increasingly viable, which is nice.

Henshin Mystic: I didn't spend very much time on these. I was pretty unimpressed by the ki attacks, but perhaps with a more specialized gearset they'd be useful. The +2 DC to finishing moves enhancement is a nice idea, but again, of very questionable use in epic levels, for similar reasons delineated above. If it applied to stuns or Shintao abilities, it'd be much more useful.

The elephant in the room: is not to be found in the monk trees at all. It's the Kensei ability that enables you to centered with your chosen weapon, whatever that may be. This is a bad idea.

Monk offense and stances have always been balanced around the fact that the weapons you had available to use with them were, frankly, lousy. Kamas, quarterstaffs, shuriken and unarmed all have the worst crit profiles imaginable, and all but unarmed have low base damages. Unarmed benefits from high base damage, but relatively poorer itemization: for years good handwraps were scarce, and of the current end-tier of weapons (CiTW weapons) the handwraps are definitely the lowest-quality weapon (other than the godforsaken longsword). And of course the wraps weren't even part of the original raidloot. Making all the benefits of being an unarmed monk available while still wielding a weapon like Cleaver is impossible to balance around.

The incentive to splash take 8 fighter/6monk/6 to taste for any melee fighter, ranger, or paladin will be very very strong, with the ability to purchase higher tier stances via feat. Earth 3 is the prime offender here, costing 1 feat for a +1 19-20 crit multiplier, bonus hp and PRR roughly equivalent to that lost due to armor. Taking 6 monk levels is incredibly effective for any melee in the new system. This is exacerbated by the fact that most trees have very little incentive to advance past 12: the capstones (with the exception of Tempest) are all quite weak compared to the advantages gained by splashing. This also includes the monk capstones, but monks continue to receive class abilities as they level to 20, mitigating the issue somewhat. To head this off, it would be necessary to either eliminate the Kensei centering enhancement, or eliminate the ability to purchase higher level stances via feat (less effective). Preferably in both cases the capstones would be improved in all the melee trees.

Anyway, those are some initial thoughts. Pardon the novella.

I'm very interested in the Mystic, however I don't have access to the server, haven't played in a while, and have a few questions:

-Has anyone tried the mystic extensively? If so, what were your experiences?
    -Are the ki blasts/spells metamagic-able?
    -How's the quarterstaff damage?
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Gigglelock| | Zeriyn - Wolf Caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrWindupBird View Post
    The incentive to splash take 8 fighter/6monk/6 to taste for any melee fighter, ranger, or paladin will be very very strong, with the ability to purchase higher tier stances via feat. Earth 3 is the prime offender here, costing 1 feat for a +1 19-20 crit multiplier, bonus hp and PRR roughly equivalent to that lost due to armor. Taking 6 monk levels is incredibly effective for any melee in the new system. This is exacerbated by the fact that most trees have very little incentive to advance past 12: the capstones (with the exception of Tempest) are all quite weak compared to the advantages gained by splashing. This also includes the monk capstones, but monks continue to receive class abilities as they level to 20, mitigating the issue somewhat. To head this off, it would be necessary to either eliminate the Kensei centering enhancement, or eliminate the ability to purchase higher level stances via feat (less effective). Preferably in both cases the capstones would be improved in all the melee trees.
    I've done some testing and, while kensai/monks are indeed powerful, the most powerful melee build I've made is a 16 monk/2 fighter/2paladin Bladeforged who fights unarmed. It easily trumps the DPS of any dual wielding kensai/monk (even those with Khopeshes) and seems about as good or maybe a bit better than THF kensai monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Shevek View Post
    I've done some testing and, while kensai/monks are indeed powerful, the most powerful melee build I've made is a 16 monk/2 fighter/2paladin Bladeforged who fights unarmed. It easily trumps the DPS of any dual wielding kensai/monk (even those with Khopeshes) and seems about as good or maybe a bit better than THF kensai monks.
    I'm pretty skeptical of this claim. 2 fighter adds feats and haste boost, nothing too dramatic. Paladin splashes dont get interesting, offensively, till lvl 4. And of course you have the prohibitive healing penalty of bladeforged. There's nothing on paper that suggests what you're claiming.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Has anyone else had trouble taking void strike? I haven't been able to select it.

And yes, 12 character levels total, no other trees have tier 5 abilities, at east 5 levels of monk, all prereqs, etc, etc.

I can select other tier 5s in Henshin but not void strikes. Would love to do some testing on it.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Plus your Sundering bonuses, for Quivering Palm. Coming soon(tm).
    A good change as long as monks don't become better assassins than assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    A good change as long as monks don't become better assassins than assassins.
    My wisdom monk will have a QP of 69(ish) once this is put in place.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Community Member

So I've been thinking about what the devs have said about the difficulty of making Shintao Strikes light moves, again. They don't want to change the functionality of the Shintao Strikes from live, but they also don't want to keep dark path monks from taking enhancements from this tree. Since they said they're happy to hear whatever solutions we may have for this conundrum, I thought about it, for a while, and I came up with this:

Why not add two new stances: The light stance, and the dark stance, with each included in the feat that grants the light and dark paths. (These stances should be able to remain toggled, despite whatever elemental stance the monk is in.) When using any non-elemental ki strike (which includes void strike, assuming it still works as on live--been focused on the Shintao Tree, myself, so I don't really know), which includes strikes from any of the prestige trees, as well as GMoF ki strikes, a check is made to see if the player is in either a light or dark stance. If this is so, then those ki strikes will count as either a light or dark move that can prime the finishing moves of a monk, depending on whether the monk is light or dark. If this is not so, then the strikes just do what they normally do, without having the benefit of priming a dark or light finisher.

I'm hoping that this method would give the devs what they are looking for: non-elemental strikes independent of light or dark path, but still beneficial to those who ARE on a light or dark path, making those paths still relevant, even when in the Flower Power destiny tree (perhaps making it more appealing to those who don't seem to like it? I love Flower Power, myself). In fact, I think this would really help monks in end-game content, allowing them to use their Flower Power strikes without having to interrupt the flow by switching over to another bar to prime a finisher. (I'm often switching between my Flower Power bar and my Shintao bar, to get my healing finisher primed. I know it isn't much healing, even when boosted by a devotion item, but I figure every little bit helps to lift the spell point load on the real healers. But this also has a habit of reducing the DPS contribution of the monk, which could be... undesirable, in certain circumstances.) Of course, assuming the monk decides to use Flower Power for their destiny, rather than another destiny.

I'm not exactly sure how easy or difficult this would be to program, as it really all depends on how the ki strikes are structured, in the first place. (If structured one way, it could only be a few lines to perform the check; structured another way, they'd have to go through the code of each and every ki strike to get them to perform the check.) But I thought I'd at least mention this as a solution, just in case the ki strikes are structured such a way that this solution is viable. I'd love to hear what ideas others may have, to help ease the programming difficulty of making Shintao strikes count as light moves. And shouldn't the Ninja Spy tree strikes count as dark moves? I'm not even sure about the Henshin tree, at this point.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast