Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 237
  1. #41
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Requiem View Post
    That's a good question. I don't think there's a real answer yet. Does Vorpal Strikes make your weapon slashing, or just add a slashing enhancement? I suppose it would depend on how the enhancement and feat work.
    The build I tested the enhancements with was not an epic character yet, so I cannot say whether vorpal strikes works with ninja training. I can however, tell you that equipping the scorched wraps, which add the piercing damage type to unarmed strikes, does not work.

    I believe it is because of the way unarmed is coded, with handwraps not actually being weapons (they don't have the display that normal weapons do).

  2. #42
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valthanas View Post
    I'm not a fan of the 40% hit from Defensive Strikes...seems excessive. At a minimum it should be waived if you get the capstone like meditation of war. Also, did I miss the healing shield from Fists of Light? Was that left out? I wouldn't view that ability as OP.
    I don't think the penalty should be completely waived with the capstone ability. It would make defensive strikes far more desirable than meditation of war. Consider that MoW gives +10 PRR and +3% HP while in earth stance, and DS gives +50 PRR and +5% dodge. With no penalty, people are going to invest in DS every time and never bother sinking 2 points into MoW.

    I do think that the penalty should be reduced by the capstone, maybe by a magnitude of 15% or 20%.

  3. #43
    Community Member Magil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsquall View Post
    The build I tested the enhancements with was not an epic character yet, so I cannot say whether vorpal strikes works with ninja training. I can however, tell you that equipping the scorched wraps, which add the piercing damage type to unarmed strikes, does not work.

    I believe it is because of the way unarmed is coded, with handwraps not actually being weapons (they don't have the display that normal weapons do).
    Something about them not being weapons, but more along the lines of augments of unarmed damage, or something. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    No fists of light for shintao? No more healing shield?

  5. #45
    Community Member Diyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valthanas View Post
    No fists of light for shintao? No more healing shield?
    That was never an enhancement. It's a feat. EDIT: A feat/finishing move.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

  6. #46
    Community Member AylinIsAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,331

    Default

    Instead of Crippling Strike, I would love an enhancement that makes your unarmed attacks count as piercing weapons (in tier 5). Either that, or a tier 2 or 3 enhancement that lets you add unarmed to the first and second core abilities of the tree (as well as to sting of the Ninja).


    If we get neither of those (and assuming that Vorpal Strikes works with the Ninja Spy core abilities) the capstone needs some benefit for unarmed characters. Maybe an extra 0.5W?

  7. #47
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    64

    Default

    is it wai that ninja training "while you are centered you can use your dexterity modifier for attack (and damage) with piercing and slashing weapons" doesn't works with normal handwraps + vorpal strikes feat "your unarmed attack are now treated as slashing weapons".

    If it's so can you change it pretty please?

    i made some tests
    for what i can see ninja training doesn't work with , with ivy wraps or normal wraps with or without vorpal strikes. It does work with kamas

    sting of ninja works on kamas and ivy wraps but not on normal wraps with vorpal strikes (which i think should work)

    wave of despar it's bugged and drains other players too (even party member at least in the dojo).


    you need to take core ability tier 1 to spend points on that tree, i took only tier one for each tree because those are pretty useless for a ninja spy monk
    I spent a lot of AP in enhanchements i'll never use (as a ninka spy you are forced to grab defensive strikes to andvance shintao tree)
    Last edited by quiete; 06-29-2013 at 03:01 AM.

  8. #48
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Does the Shintao silliness that lets you get a bunch of PRR for the cost of off-hand procs yet has NO NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THFing AT ALL still exist?

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Does the Shintao silliness that lets you get a bunch of PRR for the cost of off-hand procs yet has NO NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THFing AT ALL still exist?
    Seriously, you're worried about a bunch of self-gimping weaponised Monks using Defensive Strikes who can't use the awesomeness of Stunning Fist, Quivering Palm or Touch of Death?

    I don't really think its that much of a problem, personally.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

  10. #50
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    Seriously, you're worried about a bunch of self-gimping weaponised Monks using Defensive Strikes who can't use the awesomeness of Stunning Fist, Quivering Palm or Touch of Death?

    I don't really think its that much of a problem, personally.
    Because you aren't thinking enough to see the forest through the trees.

    This is low-hanging fruit . . . think centered ESoS kensai.

  11. #51
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Because you aren't thinking enough to see the forest through the trees.

    This is low-hanging fruit . . . think centered ESoS kensai.
    So, something actually useful is a bad thing?

    We can use more useful and less AP tax enhancements....
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  12. #52
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Because you aren't thinking enough to see the forest through the trees.

    This is low-hanging fruit . . . think centered ESoS kensai.
    This.....

    Or splashed monks with Sireths etc etc.

    Sure it looks like it would be fun but it is seriously unbalanced in relation to THF vs. TWF.
    Edit, meaning that it is seriously unbalanced in favor of splashed toons than those who have invested heavily in the monk class, which sort of doesn't make sense.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  13. #53
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    So, something actually useful is a bad thing?

    We can use more useful and less AP tax enhancements....
    Dbl post, anyways what I think you are describing as "useful" is more along the lines of what I see as a prerequisite to creating a "Super Character".

    There is a distinct difference between useful and overpowered.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  14. #54
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoasterHops View Post
    Dbl post, anyways what I think you are describing as "useful" is more along the lines of what I see as a prerequisite to creating a "Super Character".

    There is a distinct difference between useful and overpowered.
    Yes there is

    Except theres disagreement on whether or not this enhancement is in fact overpowered. I think its perfectly fine.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  15. #55
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Yes there is

    Except theres disagreement on whether or not this enhancement is in fact overpowered. I think its perfectly fine.
    Well if the requirement is 1 lvl of monk and 6 AP for 35PRR and 5% dodge (+ threat generation which I put in the wash basket) when fighting THF, Centred in earth stance 3 or windstance 4 with an ESOS and not taking any penalty in other words not - "Trading offence for defence" as the enhancement suggests is not overpowered, leaning towards being a specific enhancement requirement for a super build then I don't know what is.

    Shouldn't it be 40% less offhand strikes or 5/10/15% less attack speed if two handed fighting? Or whatever the relevant ratio is.....
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  16. #56
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoasterHops View Post
    Well if the requirement is 1 lvl of monk and 6 AP for 35PRR and 5% dodge (+ threat generation which I put in the wash basket) when fighting THF, Centred in earth stance 3 or windstance 4 with an ESOS and not taking any penalty in other words not - "Trading offence for defence" as the enhancement suggests is not overpowered, leaning towards being a specific enhancement requirement for a super build then I don't know what is.

    Shouldn't it be 40% less offhand strikes or 5/10/15% less attack speed if two handed fighting? Or whatever the relevant ratio is.....
    You called the feat overpowered, which is not the same as saying that the TWF penalty is harsh. There is an important distinction between those two facts. I agree with the latter, there should be no such penalty. But, I continue to disagree with the former.

    6 AP's is not a trivial amount for 35 PRR whose benefit depends on the interval at which you were already at, due to diminishing returns, which may or may not be as powerful as it is for the person who took it next to you. Furthermore, the dodge isn't as powerful due to overlapping sources of concealment and potential limitations of ones armor, shield, etc...

    Your earth stance and wind stance argument is irrelevant to this discussion, as they are entirely separate entities not dependent on this tier 1 enhancement.

    Like I said, the penalty for TWF should be removed, but a nice tier 1 PRR enhancement open to those who splash the monk is nice to have.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  17. #57
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Yes there is

    Except theres disagreement on whether or not this enhancement is in fact overpowered. I think its perfectly fine.
    50 PRR and 75% more threat with NO NEGATIVE AFFECTS to a THFer but about 20% less damage to a TWFer is balanced?

    On what planet?

  18. #58
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Like I said, the penalty for TWF should be removed, but a nice tier 1 PRR enhancement open to those who splash the monk is nice to have.
    50 PRR . . . 75% more threat for 10 AP . . . with ZERO offensive side effects . . . is okay?

    This is BETTER THAN STALWART DEFENDER for 1/4 the AP.

    Seriously, you've found an easy-button that many of us have already seen (and yes, we'll exploit the hell out of it) but this goes a bit too far and is nerf-bait.

    No non-flavor built kensai will be wearing armor post U19.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 06-29-2013 at 02:32 PM.

  19. #59
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    You called the feat overpowered, which is not the same as saying that the TWF penalty is harsh. There is an important distinction between those two facts. I agree with the latter, there should be no such penalty. But, I continue to disagree with the former.

    6 AP's is not a trivial amount for 35 PRR whose benefit depends on the interval at which you were already at, due to diminishing returns, which may or may not be as powerful as it is for the person who took it next to you. Furthermore, the dodge isn't as powerful due to overlapping sources of concealment and potential limitations of ones armor, shield, etc...

    Your earth stance and wind stance argument is irrelevant to this discussion, as they are entirely separate entities not dependent on this tier 1 enhancement.

    Like I said, the penalty for TWF should be removed, but a nice tier 1 PRR enhancement open to those who splash the monk is nice to have.
    Well you say my earth stance/air stance is irrelevant, yet you note that the dodge isn't powerful due to the limitations of ones armor and shield....
    you will have a max dodge cap of 25%, this is a fact, you can't factor in armor/shield for an enhancement that is a monk stance....

    Furthermore it would seem that the PRR gained from this would form a major part of a characters PRR and not just be stacked on the end of an already large PRR number. This could be an argument for it to stay for sure, but for me not an argument for it to be available at 1 lvl of monk (though of course we know everyone will be splashing at least 2 lvls of monk)
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  20. #60
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    50 PRR . . . 75% more threat for 10 AP . . . with ZERO offensive side effects . . . is okay?

    This is BETTER THAN STALWART DEFENDER for 1/4 the AP.

    Seriously, you've found an easy-button that many of us have already seen (and yes, we'll exploit the hell out of it) but this goes a bit too far and is nerf-bait.

    No non-flavor built kensai will be wearing armor post U19.
    How about you read my follow up post expressing my discontent with the TWF detriment.

    Try again
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload