Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt-Hart View Post
    I'd love to argue with you..

However, ye gods.. these things make Snooki Look attractive.
    Dunno what kind of pop culture "star" this is but the orange skin color and the hairstyle give me the creeps..
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

The only complaint I have is the wasted space along the margins. I feel like I'm being compressed into a tiny column for typing/reading.

Everything else is fine. Looks good and lots more functionality.

Have seen forum transitions before (several of them) and this one was pretty damm smooth by comparison. People will get used to them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotMaarl View Post
    The only complaint I have is the wasted space along the margins. I feel like I'm being compressed into a tiny column for typing/reading.

Everything else is fine. Looks good and lots more functionality.

Have seen forum transitions before (several of them) and this one was pretty damm smooth by comparison. People will get used to them.
    People also get used to Anal Warts, doesnt mean you want to get used to it..

Yup they suck alright.
    But hey. the stupid sigs work now.

Community Member

Default Wow im finally realizing the real nay factor

I was wondering why people constantly complain and nitpick over every tiny change .

And then i remembered that ddo's player base is older , Started helping out with my grandmother a few months ago , And man they don't like change either . I moved a few things around and i was questioned and asked to put back things that served no purpose .

" Why did you move that chair ? " Why do you care that i moved the chair , Did it serve a purpose where it was ?
    "I just like it where it is " Then it was off to more incoherent babbling with no apparent explanations !!!

No offense to some of you older guys out there , But stuff changes so adapt . Go put your complaints in the enhancement pass section where they might be worth something !!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    The style sucks, gray in gray with smash your eyes white
    The useless background pic gets loaded every effin time which slows down my pad
    Proportions look like the hunchback of notredame

in other words it looks fugly and is considerable slower then what we had
    forums should have a decent look and be fast without useless stuff
    I guess if you are so old that you remember when all the dirt on the planet was a giant rock, sure I can see your complaint.

But, it is not that bad and it is more up to date compared to the last forum. That last forum was probably at best last decade software.
    Last edited by arcmed; 04-30-2013 at 03:11 AM.

Community Member

Hey why don't you run home and get your whinebox !!!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellCloud View Post
    I was wondering why people constantly complain and nitpick over every tiny change .

And then i remembered that ddo's player base is older , Started helping out with my grandmother a few months ago , And man they don't like change either . I moved a few things around and i was questioned and asked to put back things that served no purpose .

" Why did you move that chair ? " Why do you care that i moved the chair , Did it serve a purpose where it was ?
    "I just like it where it is " Then it was off to more incoherent babbling with no apparent explanations !!!

No offense to some of you older guys out there , But stuff changes so adapt . Go put your complaints in the enhancement pass section where they might be worth something !!
    Ever thought that he just doesnt want to tell you the reason why he likes his chair there?
    Like maybe he got his first ******* there or its the exact spot where the sun hits his newspaper but doesnt sparkle in his glasses?

now get off my lawn :P
    Last edited by Daemoneyes; 04-30-2013 at 03:21 AM.

having read this thread, and this thread ALONE, since logging in to the "new" forums, i already have a headache.

i used to visit the Forums multiple times daily. now it looks like I wont be back except to ask build questions

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    Ever thought that he maybe just doesnt want to tell you the reason why he likes his chair there?
    Like maybe he got his first ******* there or its the exact spot where the sun hits his newspaper but doesnt sparkle in his glasses?

now get off my lawn :P
    Lol Nice but i highly doubt it . Were all pretty open in this family .

Please allow me to continue to try and thwart the direction of complaints over to the enhancement pass threads .

Now come on guys , Break away from your peewee herman wardrobe closet and your safe ocd ways , The new forum isn't bad at all .

It allows people like me who been being moderated or booted to join back in on the reindeer games !!!!!

Wow, the whiners are out in full force today.

Enjoy the new games, sorry to see you go. BTW, can I get your shroud ingredients
    "Eye of the Dragon" on Argonessen. "Quest with the best"

Lightbulb Hate to agree

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    The forums are cheap because Turbine can not afford anything better anymore. This game is dying..
    Hate to agree with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Superhealz View Post
    Hate to agree with you...

Glad to know you have personally scanned the financial coffers and are capable of making that judgement.

This whole thread is at best childish and makes me wonder why you have not already migrated to another game if it destroys your soul so much as you act like it does.
    "Eye of the Dragon" on Argonessen. "Quest with the best"

This is the problem with noobie kids, they think they know best and have zero life experience to tell them they're wrong.

So you're idea of helping is to change stuff without any consideration for the other person and then expect them to justify to you why they dislike the change in the first place, because for some god-knows-what reason, you deem yourself to know what's best for everyone? You don't have the brains or the experience or the consideration to maybe consult on a change to see if it's necessary or desirable first?

You can't have improvement without change. Not all change is improvement. I know this because I get paid a shedload of money to implement change with successful businesses. Your naive concept of change just saddens me.

Default Get off my lawn!

{variations on a theme of the above post}
    Well, t'cha, you know what? Millions of dollars pass hands in the IT industry regarding something known as "change management". There's a difference between someone who's used to doing something having to change the way they do it, particularly for the better, and someone suddenly and completely unable to do something with no explanation as to why the change was made, what the benefit will be, and what the duration of broke-duck will be until it is in working order again.

Since you decided to bring your grandma into it, and insult her and therefore us, one must ask if you would have the same blase attitude if suddenly your iTunes account was hijacked and thereafter suspended by Apple? Would you appreciate being told to stop whining and suck it up?

I urged patience with the extra-extra-extra-long game outage previously, and was very defensive of the tech support people (who I have no doubt are thin-spread). Sometimes servers don't come up, sometimes pay systems don't work, sometimes hamsters die unexpectedly.

Web pages, on the other hand, just aren't that difficult in this day & age. This is the same engine in use on a number of other different game forums, so it isn't like the technical aspects were difficult either. These account issues reek of horrible change management and an absolute lack of planning. If I had pulled something like this in my professional capacity it would have been a resume generating event.
    Last edited by FormrlyknownasMerfyn; 04-30-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12