Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nevigrofnu View Post
    all I can say is thanks for ruining my pallies.

my 2 hander lost a bunch of hp because he now needs a shield to have lots of health. STUPID!

my s&b is all f''ed up. did you know that every time you switch weapons you lose the bonus to hp and con that you gain from a shield.
    oh and it stacks. meaning each time you switch weapons it lowers your current hp. eventually causing death. I was killing myself for hours the other day in the harbor just to show off my new awesome powers. btw its a lvl 25 with 1100 hp. I can kill myself in about 30 sec from full health. by switching weapons fast.

I sent a ticket. they tell me its wai.

this is by far the stupidest fuking thing ive ever seen in a game.
    editing post can apparently not be done....so, sorry for the double post.

Community Member

also its causing dmg to the equipped shield when you die in public.

Angry

well lets face it, nothing will change, and nothing we say here matters, becosue turbine made sure that ONLY splashes will have fun, pure classes pally is supposed to dissapear and be replaced with 2-6 level splashes, for whom this new enchancement system was made for.

for years it was asked of turbine to give defender free tower shield proficiency, happened? no, why? becouse its against pnp? or what ever other reason, while half of classes get free proficiencies in weapons in their prestiges.

divine might gets changed, why? probably becouse pally splashed with anything would get overpowered, its easy to stop from happening by implementing same thing as with sp items on splashed fvs and sorcs, it does not happen, why? becouse its bad, splashes are supposed to have fun while full pure classes get gimped.

i like most of the changes made to other classes and their prestiges, they show that someone put some real thought and work into them, while paladin was just done lazy way, it shows that only thought that was behind it, was to make it splash friendly and NOTHING MORE.

defender capstone is good thing at times when all stars align and you get killed by papercuts, in any fight above certain level its useless when every death ends with -500 hp, tis not something that should be a capstone but a OPTIONAL thing that can be taken with ap from the tree.

i seriously hoped that something nice will be done with this class, to make less of an outcast of it, and you only made it worse..............
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnose13 View Post
    divine might gets changed, why? probably becouse pally splashed with anything would get overpowered, its easy to stop from happening by implementing same thing as with sp items on splashed fvs and sorcs, it does not happen, why? becouse its bad, splashes are supposed to have fun while full pure classes get gimped.
    From what I could see, Divine Might was initially changed to help with tactics. This sort of proves to me that none of the Devs play a pure paladin. Pure paladins picking up tactical feats is a waste of a feat slot because Paladins are feat starved and decent DCs isn't something most pure paladins seek.

Instead, the changes were to help Monks and Fighters with their DCs, not the Paladin. So if the Devs really wanted to put a tactical ability or boost, they should have added a new ability, instead of changing an old one. Let's face it, it wasn't like the Devs gave paladins new stuff to play with like the other classes, but for some reason the Devs got really lazy with the paladin trees.

Now the stacking issue is where the Devs dropped the ball completely. I've yet to hear a good reason why the Defender stance shouldn't be a Moral bonus. It already doesn't benefit from Rage and Paladins can't splash with Bard, so there should be no real issue with it being a Moral Stance. Then Divine Might should go back to being a Sacred bonus, so Paladins can regain benefits from items.

But again, I suggest the Devs seperate Divine Might from the STR increase. Divine Might should be the pnp version: CHA modifier is added to damage. Then have a new seperate paladin ability that increases STR. Heck, if they did that, there would almost be no issue, since it would give Pure paladins, TWF paladins, non-STR paladins their damage back. And the Devs would get to keep their new pet ability for splashed paladins.

Community Member

yay nothing got fixed tday in the patch...woooohoooo.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    From what I could see, Divine Might was initially changed to help with tactics. This sort of proves to me that none of the Devs play a pure paladin. Pure paladins picking up tactical feats is a waste of a feat slot because Paladins are feat starved and decent DCs isn't something most pure paladins seek.

Instead, the changes were to help Monks and Fighters with their DCs, not the Paladin. So if the Devs really wanted to put a tactical ability or boost, they should have added a new ability, instead of changing an old one. Let's face it, it wasn't like the Devs gave paladins new stuff to play with like the other classes, but for some reason the Devs got really lazy with the paladin trees.

Now the stacking issue is where the Devs dropped the ball completely. I've yet to hear a good reason why the Defender stance shouldn't be a Moral bonus. It already doesn't benefit from Rage and Paladins can't splash with Bard, so there should be no real issue with it being a Moral Stance. Then Divine Might should go back to being a Sacred bonus, so Paladins can regain benefits from items.

But again, I suggest the Devs seperate Divine Might from the STR increase. Divine Might should be the pnp version: CHA modifier is added to damage. Then have a new seperate paladin ability that increases STR. Heck, if they did that, there would almost be no issue, since it would give Pure paladins, TWF paladins, non-STR paladins their damage back. And the Devs would get to keep their new pet ability for splashed paladins.

I am returning to the game from a long hiatus, and as I am reading these changes to the Paladin, the first thought hat came to my head was, "Since when did the World of Warcraft Dev's come to DDO?"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightUCF View Post
    I am returning to the game from a long hiatus, and as I am reading these changes to the Paladin, the first thought hat came to my head was, "Since when did the World of Warcraft Dev's come to DDO?"
    All non pally tanks have lrrd +20 their paladins unless they are casual or flavor paladins. I know that I have lrrd +20 my non pally tank.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Angry Angry Paladin Player Response

Turbine, am glad I found this thread because there are some things I like to say.

The current Divine Might, what it does, along with its bonus type, is PATHETIC!

It doesn't stack with Insightful STR items like Embrace of the Spider Queen or a level 20+ Helm of the White/Black Dragon

Also, in order to get back that +8 to damage, like everyone else has been complaining, they need 42 CHA! WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET WITHOUT DUMPING OTHER IMPORTANT STATS LIKE STR OR CON!

Also, in order to get the +6 STR, +6 CON, and +20% extra HP, is to use a shield?!?!? THIS, I mean really, doesn't this destroy character progression on pures?

The dream of Duel-wielding pure Paladins is dead, gone, destroyed, crushed into oblivion.

The dream of Two Handed fighting pure Paladins is wounded, weakened, injuried with no possibility of recovering.

Making the Paladin nothing more than a splash class is just wrong, I mean, its MADNESS! INSANITY!

Were you all infected with the madness of Xoriat? Did the Lord of Eyes twist your minds? Because it looks like he did a good job of it. Thanks a lot for dishonoring Gary Gygax's legacy of the Paladin class. Thanks a lot for murdering us Paladins like we were nothing, nothing but trash...

I rest my case

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bennyson View Post
    Also, in order to get back that +8 to damage, like everyone else has been complaining, they need 42 CHA! WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET WITHOUT DUMPING OTHER IMPORTANT STATS LIKE STR OR CON!
    It isn't. The mechanics favor slight investment in strength, not you just dumping all your points into strength blindly. As for con, proper asignment of stats as you level and with equipment makes it very reasonable for you to have a good con. Its possible to rock a 44 cha, 42+ str(I actually have a higher strength than cha at this point some how... boggle), and pretty decent con as a second life drow. Not sure where this impossible stuff is coming from.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910