Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
  1. #21
    Community Member ~Dyna-The-Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    45

    Default

    People have been concerned about ddo's viability for the past 10 years....

    I think it's turning in the right direction.

    More content, more upgrades, more updates.... mmm.....

    It will get more peeps.

    Edit: And for those wondering. I said 10 years because I'm sure some people funding and planning ddo had questions about its success even before its development....
    Last edited by Dyna-The-Cat; 04-29-2013 at 06:32 PM.

  2. #22
    Community Member ~Adolf_Christ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbling View Post
    STOP WITH THE EASY.
    From what I've seen so far, they are addressing this. It's called the enhancement pass, and includes major cuts to character power. Now granted, they may indeed tune up the system prior to it's release and not neuter a characters potential; however history doesn't favor this outcome.

    To those of you complaining how it's too easy 'cause your uber toons are over powered, Turbine finally listened.

    You should send them a thank you note.

  3. #23
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Correct conclusion, but wrong rationale OP. Cheap forums, scaled back enhancement pass years later then promised, and in general money grabbing with not much content. Oh yeah DDO is on the way out. Just get me a new game other then something like Neverwinter Nights.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbling View Post
    Over the course of the past 4 years i have been playing ddo probably alot more then i should have.I have been a TR junkie when it was actually difficult <before the red fens, streak, tomes of learning etc>and have been a avid Raider ...even lead a Raiding guild ,but thats not important.I must say when i got my first epic item i was so happy , having to wait on a epic timer and mobs with epic deathward that were much more difficult to kill, gave me a sense of accomplishment.When i got to my 12th life and people were struggling to get their 3rd life done , again i felt as if i have done something extraordainary.I wandered blindly through most epics bartely escaping death more often then not until i learned them, and let me tell you ....epic Chains of flame used to be omg ...and again i felt as if i done something.I taught multiple players <some of which lead their own guilds now> how to play the game.Then came the EASY.First were the sands scrolls trade ins i believe then the streak then the Epic destinies, now you cant throw a rock without hitting a completionist who accomplished this in all of what 3 months?Moncher builds soloing the hardest difficulty RAIDS this game can offer/Juggernaughts/Sharadi Sorcs I mean really?All my old epic items are totally worthless.My accomplishments are for nothing, and still people cry the game is too hard?How ?A 5 year old can solo EE now.Almost all my friends ...most vip btw..have quit and moved on to a new game, and i barely play myself anymore.im sorely dissapointed in the direction that Warner Bros has taken the game and im not ALONE.Plz for the love of the game that you worked so hard to create,STOP WITH THE EASY.Thank you for taking the time to read this post.Feel free to bash my grammar and disagree, but if you agree, just a little , express your concern.
    Personally, I think it's time for you to leave the game. It's obvious that you've stumbled upon the truth of DDO, and it is that "skill" in this game is a myth, and "quest memorization" is what really makes people good at the game. You've memorized all the quests, can now complete them easily. Other than quest randomization, there's nothing Turbine can do to correct this. If it bothers you, leave for another game and start the quest memorization grind there. You'll find the difficulty you seek for awhile.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyna-The-Cat View Post
    I think it's turning in the right direction.
    Seems to me like it is just turning in the direction that all of the other MMOs have gone.

    With templated characters; just pick the Enhancement Tree you want to use and then build around that! You don't even have to think too much about what abilities you want to get, since you will have to get the majority of them anyways to unlock the Tree's capstone! No more worries about players without a clue what they are doing gimping themselves!

    And with a level of 'challenge' that gives everyone the nice fuzzy reward feeling. Without ever actually challenging them. After all, if the bloated statistics of those monsters are draining too many of your resources you can always just recall out, hit a shrine, and pop back in to pick up where you left off.

    There's no need to worry about the Experience penalty for reentering. After all, capping out your character's potential is also a non-challenge! 20 hours mindlessly running House of Rusted Blades and you too can have all of your Epic Destinies maxed out, without any risk of actually failing! Everyone can be happy about being the most awesomest now!


    DDO is not a large MMO by any means. In fact, it is quite dwarfed by Turbine's other game, LotRO. But it has held onto a sizable player base because it fills a niche market. Moves such as these to please the generic F2P crowd mentality of 'reward me, fast, before I loose interest' only serve to push away many of the loyal long time players. After all, if they wanted to play Generic MMO there are dozens out there with better flash and "oooh, aaah!" than DDO.

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Correct conclusion, but wrong rationale OP. Cheap forums, scaled back enhancement pass years later then promised, and in general money grabbing with not much content. Oh yeah DDO is on the way out. Just get me a new game other then something like Neverwinter Nights.
    I'd suggest you give Tera Online a try. If you like melee type, you should enjoy the Warrior. Even if it not to stay in long term and maybe not even make it to end game content, I think that it is worth a try since it is now f2p.

    Lack in end game but when I reached it (there are still much more than when I left), I was simply WOWed by how engaging it was. Mostly tried end game as a Mystic (healer) and while the leveling was maybe slow and repetitive, I really enjoyed the fact that by being a good player, I could contribute more than some other.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Correct conclusion, but wrong rationale OP. Cheap forums, scaled back enhancement pass years later then promised, and in general money grabbing with not much content. Oh yeah DDO is on the way out. Just get me a new game other then something like Neverwinter Nights.
    LOL. It's the exact same forums with a new skin and layout. It cost them MORE money to implement, then if they hadn't. This post is an example of why the forums get a bad reputation by the game's players. They're a magnet for people who make drama filled, grandiose statements. Anything for attention.

  8. #28
    Community Member ~Adolf_Christ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    It's the exact same forums with a new skin and layout.
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.

    As it has the still unexplained reduction in security, it's not the exact same now, is it?

  9. #29
    Community Member ~MagisterSvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Stenchburg-on-the-Sound
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Both the people who complain this game is too easy and too difficult are idiots--but especially the former group who think that because others have managed to acquire their status-symbol loot that the loot in question is therefore devalued.

  10. #30
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    LOL. It's the exact same forums with a new skin and layout.
    Ah, so you know where the Dev Tracker is, then? Good, I've been looking for it.

    I'd also like it if you could share how you are managing to stay logged in, since that is also something else I seem to have lost the ability to do.


    Sorry, but this is not the same forums. Functionality, convenience, graphical appeal, visual comfort, and security have all taken a hit with this change today. I can't call it an upgrade, because it's anything but.
    53461

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagisterSvid View Post
    Both the people who complain this game is too easy and too difficult are idiots--but especially the former group who think that because others have managed to acquire their status-symbol loot that the loot in question is therefore devalued.
    Sorry but when I say that EEs are too easy FOR ME, it is a reality, not a complain. Ok, you could see it as a complain because I wish it wasn't so because I like the game but there's no stupidity involved. Now when someone says that EEs are too hard then I guess it is, for them, a reality. Again, no stutidity involved. So people aren't idiots for expressing their reality.

    It's just based on skills, knowledge and what kind of players you can afford to play with. I'd say it is more idiotic to think that the game is perfect for everyone's taste because I can assure you that atm, it is not.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagisterSvid View Post
    Both the people who complain this game is too easy and too difficult are idiots--but especially the former group who think that because others have managed to acquire their status-symbol loot that the loot in question is therefore devalued.
    I think the hardest difficulties in DDO are too easy, and I can assure you I'm not an idiot. I could care less about people acquiring status-symbol gear. I enjoy challenging content and currently the only challenges I get are by playing gimp toons or first lifers that haven't maxed ed's or acquired very much eveningstar/high road/GH gear.

    Have a look in the mirror maybe before making sweeping generalisations based on someone's opinion of how easy a video game is.

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Ah, so you know where the Dev Tracker is, then? Good, I've been looking for it.

    I'd also like it if you could share how you are managing to stay logged in, since that is also something else I seem to have lost the ability to do.


    Sorry, but this is not the same forums. Functionality, convenience, graphical appeal, visual comfort, and security have all taken a hit with this change today. I can't call it an upgrade, because it's anything but.
    While there are certainly bugs, that wasn't my point. My point is that this isn't a "cheaper forums". It's the exact same software.

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    [QUOTE=jbling;4992933My accomplishments are for nothing[/QUOTE]

    Snipping out my favorite part here because this is really important to recognize. Its a video game. The only reliable accomplishment you will have from playing a video game is that you had fun while doing it. Everything else is 1's and 0's

  15. #35
    Legendary Founder Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,806

    Default

    There was a time, some years ago, when I felt the fun draining out of this game for me. I never walked through EE quests solo (they didn't exist at the time), but the game was getting too easy for me, and I wasn't enjoying it like I used to. Which I felt was a big problem, because I had invested quite a lot into this game.

    Rather than moving on to the next MMOG on the list, I decided to do something about it. I think the advice given already is absolutely spot-on. The game has lost it's appeal to you because you've beaten it. You are basically running around in God mode and wondering why all the fun is gone. You have to get out of your comfort zone.

    That's a hard thing to do. But if you do it, you will find there is plenty of challenge left in this game. These are the things that I did when I found myself in a similar situation. I did all three of these simultaneously.

    1) I joined a PD guild. That was a LOT of fun for me, for a while, though eventually I stopped. But in the meantime it got me another year out of this game.

    2) I joined a static group (which has a no-twinking rule). We've been going strong for several years with the same six people. As far as I know, we may be the oldest static group in existence. I consider all five of those people close personal friends now, even though we've never actually met (maybe someday we will get together and have a beer). That group, actually, is a big reason I'm still here.

    3) I began a meta quest to find the ultimate soloist character. Under a stringent set of rules (no twinking, no AH, no quest repeats, etc) I went looking for a character that could beat the quests alone which were designed for six players. This is a quest I've been on for several years now (and I think I may have finally found that character with my latest attempt, heh).

    All of these were designed to add the challenge back into the game. And it works. I still have fun with it. Had I not done those things, I would have left years ago.

    Whatever you need to do, get out of your comfort zone. Otherwise you are just going to get bored and leave.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

    DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbling View Post
    Over the course of the past 4 years i have been playing ddo probably alot more then i should have.I have been a TR junkie when it was actually difficult <before the red fens, streak, tomes of learning etc>and have been a avid Raider ...even lead a Raiding guild ,but thats not important.I must say when i got my first epic item i was so happy , having to wait on a epic timer and mobs with epic deathward that were much more difficult to kill, gave me a sense of accomplishment.When i got to my 12th life and people were struggling to get their 3rd life done , again i felt as if i have done something extraordainary.I wandered blindly through most epics bartely escaping death more often then not until i learned them, and let me tell you ....epic Chains of flame used to be omg ...and again i felt as if i done something.I taught multiple players <some of which lead their own guilds now> how to play the game.Then came the EASY.First were the sands scrolls trade ins i believe then the streak then the Epic destinies, now you cant throw a rock without hitting a completionist who accomplished this in all of what 3 months?Moncher builds soloing the hardest difficulty RAIDS this game can offer/Juggernaughts/Sharadi Sorcs I mean really?All my old epic items are totally worthless.My accomplishments are for nothing, and still people cry the game is too hard?How ?A 5 year old can solo EE now.Almost all my friends ...most vip btw..have quit and moved on to a new game, and i barely play myself anymore.im sorely dissapointed in the direction that Warner Bros has taken the game and im not ALONE.Plz for the love of the game that you worked so hard to create,STOP WITH THE EASY.Thank you for taking the time to read this post.Feel free to bash my grammar and disagree, but if you agree, just a little , express your concern.
    I got you a present.




    It's empty space. You can use it to separate long, rambling sentences.

    Next week I'll introduce you to my friend, the comma.

  17. #37
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Honestly, what concerns me most of about the future of the game aren't the changes, the new content, or even the bugs. It's the simple fact that it's an MMO that is seven years old, and doesn't have millions of subsribers like some of the other big ones (and never did according to the mmo metrics website). Let's say that that is a decently accurate view of the playerbase, and put the number at a generous 500,000. Tha't is a mix of premium, free, and vips. It's not nearly the money being raked in by wow for example. How long CAN it last if it doesn't catch fire with popularity? And how could a game this old really incite a storm of popularity at this point.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  18. #38
    Legendary Founder Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,806

    Default

    Eh, I'll be more concerned about that when they cancel Asheron's Call. That game is far older than DDO, and has a ridiculously low population (like 1,500 peeps or something). And yet is solders on year after year. They would chop that one before they chop us. So as long as they exist, I think we're safe
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

    DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Eh, I'll be more concerned about that when they cancel Asheron's Call.
    Yes, but as far as I know AC2 does not make use of IP that has to be licensed. It's only real overhead is that to do with maintaining and running the server.
    Last edited by ForumAccess; 05-01-2013 at 03:15 PM.

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...
    Posts
    2,629

    Default Oh Puhleeze

    Been playing since '09 - tims of play are rather random due to RL and family commitments and distractions.

    I would -love- to be able to solo -ee-, but for now I would settle for my first EE group.

    Unless you can be there for preplanned guild groups, or you are very lucky and of a specific class, you can't even find a group for the things.

    Too easy? Hardly. I am happy to settle for a lot of EN and the occasional EH, but anyone who thinks that DDO is too easy for any but the most dedicated and supported players?

    All I can say is, I could use your help around the house...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload