Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default Concerned about the future of DDO

    Over the course of the past 4 years i have been playing ddo probably alot more then i should have.I have been a TR junkie when it was actually difficult <before the red fens, streak, tomes of learning etc>and have been a avid Raider ...even lead a Raiding guild ,but thats not important.I must say when i got my first epic item i was so happy , having to wait on a epic timer and mobs with epic deathward that were much more difficult to kill, gave me a sense of accomplishment.When i got to my 12th life and people were struggling to get their 3rd life done , again i felt as if i have done something extraordainary.I wandered blindly through most epics bartely escaping death more often then not until i learned them, and let me tell you ....epic Chains of flame used to be omg ...and again i felt as if i done something.I taught multiple players <some of which lead their own guilds now> how to play the game.Then came the EASY.First were the sands scrolls trade ins i believe then the streak then the Epic destinies, now you cant throw a rock without hitting a completionist who accomplished this in all of what 3 months?Moncher builds soloing the hardest difficulty RAIDS this game can offer/Juggernaughts/Sharadi Sorcs I mean really?All my old epic items are totally worthless.My accomplishments are for nothing, and still people cry the game is too hard?How ?A 5 year old can solo EE now.Almost all my friends ...most vip btw..have quit and moved on to a new game, and i barely play myself anymore.im sorely dissapointed in the direction that Warner Bros has taken the game and im not ALONE.Plz for the love of the game that you worked so hard to create,STOP WITH THE EASY.Thank you for taking the time to read this post.Feel free to bash my grammar and disagree, but if you agree, just a little , express your concern.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbling View Post
    A 5 year old can solo EE now.
    ONCE AGAIN, we have a person who is completely out of touch with the vast majority of players.

    If you have epic gear, a well built toon and lots of experience playing it, yes, the game will be easy because YOU'RE ALREADY WON IT.

    By the way, your post hurts to read (so I didn't). The part I quoted was only something I happened to glance.
    Playing since June 2010

  3. #3
    Community Member ~Taeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Waterworks
    Posts
    27

    Default

    ok i have been playing since 09' and i still cant solo an ee. my toons arent maxed to the heavens, i still don't have the best gear. i think i have one or 2 ed's maxed. So please shut up about the game being easy or whatever. i know so many people who still struggle with the game and they are so far from being considered great by a lot of players. Some still have yet to ever complete the content or still farming gear/whatever else out. never once do i hear them say how easy this game is. i see them constantly die not because they're doing something stupid it just they're not trying to be the best. these players i know are casual. so they like to have fun at the game and they do.

    My toons are far from ready from being able to do EE in my eyes. when you start naming builds that can solo stuff good for you. glad that they can do that. Not everyone can though. Some don't want to build a monkarcher or juggernaut or be in shiraldi blah blah blah. Some just like playing their crazy builds. Remember majority of the population of the game is casual. So to them the game is fine. To the hardcore sure they are bored because they rush to the end of the game being the best of whatever they do. So yeah ill stick to the casual style.

  4. #4
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbling View Post
    Over the course of the past 4 years i have been playing ddo probably alot more then i should have.I have been a TR junkie when it was actually difficult <before the red fens, streak, tomes of learning etc>and have been a avid Raider ...even lead a Raiding guild ,but thats not important.I must say when i got my first epic item i was so happy , having to wait on a epic timer and mobs with epic deathward that were much more difficult to kill, gave me a sense of accomplishment.When i got to my 12th life and people were struggling to get their 3rd life done , again i felt as if i have done something extraordainary.I wandered blindly through most epics bartely escaping death more often then not until i learned them, and let me tell you ....epic Chains of flame used to be omg ...and again i felt as if i done something.I taught multiple players <some of which lead their own guilds now> how to play the game.Then came the EASY.First were the sands scrolls trade ins i believe then the streak then the Epic destinies, now you cant throw a rock without hitting a completionist who accomplished this in all of what 3 months?Moncher builds soloing the hardest difficulty RAIDS this game can offer/Juggernaughts/Sharadi Sorcs I mean really?All my old epic items are totally worthless.My accomplishments are for nothing, and still people cry the game is too hard?How ?A 5 year old can solo EE now.Almost all my friends ...most vip btw..have quit and moved on to a new game, and i barely play myself anymore.im sorely dissapointed in the direction that Warner Bros has taken the game and im not ALONE.Plz for the love of the game that you worked so hard to create,STOP WITH THE EASY.Thank you for taking the time to read this post.Feel free to bash my grammar and disagree, but if you agree, just a little , express your concern.
    Someone rolled a 1 on their save against a wall of text....the enter key is your friend, paragraphs are totally awesome....

    Anyway....

    Some of don't find it that easy. I sure as shoot cannot solo EE. I have been playing for four years as well. So far, I have had two characters into epic levels, one of them I TR'ed for the first time in January, I just hit level 10 with him. I almost have my third toon into epic levels, just one more level to go!

    You saying that this game is a steamroll is simply explained by the fact that you spent so much time maxxing out everything that you find no challenge in anything. This game is not easy. It has a difficult learning curve, and I would say the majority of the player base is NOT solo'ing EE. With my Pale Master, I was able to solo a lot of EH stuff, but not all, and definitely not EE. Both of my higher level toons had one ED, and that was it.

    And of COURSE your old items are now worthless....what would be the point of a long lasting game like this if the best gear in the game was the same best gear from Four years ago? There would be no incentive for a large portion of the player base to run newer, higher level stuff (not including me, I would run the new quests no matter what, even with no loot!)

    Point of the matter is this...it sounds a lot like you don't like something different happening (your items are outdated), you feel as if the game is too easy (because you maxxed out everything and the game hasn't caught up in power yet,) and your mad because others can do what you did faster and better.

    Either adapt with the game (same as any other game, it changes over 7 years) or you can send me all your uber non-BTC stuff.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  5. #5
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbling View Post
    <Wall of text snipped>
    So.. Since you had to work really really REALLY hard for your epic gear and lives.. and you now see people that can do it in a few months while they are having fun instead of years of painstaking toil and bitter work you are unhappy.

    Does that sum up your post adequately?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I think your failing to see the point but i appreciate the feedback none the less. I understand totally about the casual gamer not being fully geared.Oh and yes my grammar isnt perfect...im far from a school teacher

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    So.. Since you had to work really really REALLY hard for your epic gear and lives.. and you now see people that can do it in a few months while they are having fun instead of years of painstaking toil and bitter work you are unhappy.

    Does that sum up your post adequately?
    Close sir, or maam.I feel no sense of accomplishment for anything i have done ...that sums it up rather nicely

  8. #8
    Community Member ~Grumpycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    104

    Default

    For my toons I play a lot, have TR'd, have twink gear for... This game is very easy. For toons I dont play much or dont really know how to build, the game is extremely hard. If you dont step outside your comfort zone once in a while, it will ALWAYS be too easy.

    Yes, tomes, potions and bravery bonus xp makes leveling faster. But faster isnt equal to easier. Try an EE ToR or an EE FoT. Not easy. Double dog dare ya to try those solo. If you're losing interest in the game, go play something else for a while and then come back. I dont spend money on Nostalgia. If I dont like it any more, I dont do it. I still have fun with my atari. I dont have fun with the dreamscape. (or didnt... sold it when I lost interest).

    The game will never develop the way any of us thinks it should. It will develop along the lines that make money. Over the course of my tenure at DDO, I have watched the whines in the forums and what I have learned is that all yall are afraid of change. I am SO not looking forward to when the enhancement trees are implemented. At least, not the thousands of rant posts that will come with it.

    And the one thing that no one has learned is that no matter how much ranting goes on, nothing ever reverts. Some seriously broken things get fixed(some), but nothing reverts.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycat View Post
    For my toons I play a lot, have TR'd, have twink gear for... This game is very easy. For toons I dont play much or dont really know how to build, the game is extremely hard. If you dont step outside your comfort zone once in a while, it will ALWAYS be too easy.

    Yes, tomes, potions and bravery bonus xp makes leveling faster. But faster isnt equal to easier. Try an EE ToR or an EE FoT. Not easy. Double dog dare ya to try those solo. If you're losing interest in the game, go play something else for a while and then come back. I dont spend money on Nostalgia. If I dont like it any more, I dont do it. I still have fun with my atari. I dont have fun with the dreamscape. (or didnt... sold it when I lost interest).

    The game will never develop the way any of us thinks it should. It will develop along the lines that make money. Over the course of my tenure at DDO, I have watched the whines in the forums and what I have learned is that all yall are afraid of change. I am SO not looking forward to when the enhancement trees are implemented. At least, not the thousands of rant posts that will come with it.

    And the one thing that no one has learned is that no matter how much ranting goes on, nothing ever reverts. Some seriously broken things get fixed(some), but nothing reverts.
    i have soloed ee tor/ty for the suggestion

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taeb View Post
    ok i have been playing since 09' and i still cant solo an ee. my toons arent maxed to the heavens, i still don't have the best gear. i think i have one or 2 ed's maxed. So please shut up about the game being easy or whatever. i know so many people who still struggle with the game and they are so far from being considered great by a lot of players. Some still have yet to ever complete the content or still farming gear/whatever else out. never once do i hear them say how easy this game is. i see them constantly die not because they're doing something stupid it just they're not trying to be the best. these players i know are casual. so they like to have fun at the game and they do.

    My toons are far from ready from being able to do EE in my eyes. when you start naming builds that can solo stuff good for you. glad that they can do that. Not everyone can though. Some don't want to build a monkarcher or juggernaut or be in shiraldi blah blah blah. Some just like playing their crazy builds. Remember majority of the population of the game is casual. So to them the game is fine. To the hardcore sure they are bored because they rush to the end of the game being the best of whatever they do. So yeah ill stick to the casual style.
    This made me realize something. Consider the following not really exactly representing what I think but more of a reflection on the subject.

    If EEs would be harder, would it make you feel bad since it is now possibly unreachable to you or wouldn't you care because EH is fun enought for you. Like when you play a single player game, do you ever consider chosing "Hard" or "Extreme" difficulties?

    Why I ask this is because some people really do start their first playthrough on hard because a challenge is what they're looking for while some just want entertainment and relaxation out of games. So this leave me with the following question: Would it be so bad if there was a difficulty level so hard that some people could never even dream of it while powergamers or pros could wipe / progress (which has to include better loot depending on difficulty) / simply enjoy a challenge? Or does even the players without any interest at all in the high end content should be restraining the other?

    I know my lack of proper language usage might make this hard to read, but I would just like to know if a player like you really hope to run EE at some point or are you just satisfied with EH and don't care at all.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    This made me realize something. Consider the following not really exactly representing what I think but more of a reflection on the subject.

    If EEs would be harder, would it make you feel bad since it is now possibly unreachable to you or wouldn't you care because EH is fun enought for you. Like when you play a single player game, do you ever consider chosing "Hard" or "Extreme" difficulties?

    Why I ask this is because some people really do start their first playthrough on hard because a challenge is what they're looking for while some just want entertainment and relaxation out of games. So this leave me with the following question: Would it be so bad if there was a difficulty level so hard that some people could never even dream of it while powergamers or pros could wipe / progress (which has to include better loot depending on difficulty) / simply enjoy a challenge? Or does even the players without any interest at all in the high end content should be restraining the other?

    I know my lack of proper language usage might make this hard to read, but I would just like to know if a player like you really hope to run EE at some point or are you just satisfied with EH and don't care at all.
    You sir are my hero!

  12. #12
    Community Member ~NiborRis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Realize what you're saying. This game used to be hard for you. Then you played it a lot. A LOT. Now it's a lot easier for you.

    That's not really the game's fault - that's human nature. You're better at the game. You can do more with less. And to top it all off, you have more stuff, not less stuff, so you're steamrolling. Congrats!

    When a new player hits lvl 20 for the first time - EEs are insanely difficult. They just walk in and die - or at least I did. My first character hit lvl 20 right about when MotU went live. EEs were off the charts. EH was not really doable without being willing to sit there and die and reenter over and over.

    Now? EHs are standard for me. My playgroup is working its way through EEing stuff. We shortman older, easily shortmanned raids, like ADQ. I TR'd my 28pt build and he's so much better now it's like night and day.

    It's the nature of RPG-style games, that's all.

  13. #13
    Community Member ~Grumpycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbling View Post
    i have soloed ee tor/ty for the suggestion
    That's what you got from the whole post? >.<

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbling View Post
    Close sir, or maam.I feel no sense of accomplishment for anything i have done ...that sums it up rather nicely
    Did you have fun while playing as you accomplished this? Did you get satisfaction to know that you achieved all of this before the other perhaps 10% or so of the playerbase did.
    Does that not give you a sense of accomplishment?

    You are unlikely to get any sort of external acknowledgement for what you have achieved. Others will never know how easy you find the game just by looking at you.
    Is this what you are after? Otherwise what?

  15. #15
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbling View Post
    Close sir, or maam.I feel no sense of accomplishment for anything i have done ...that sums it up rather nicely
    Well, +1 to you then for being honest about it.
    But ask yourself this:
    "Why do you allow other people to take away your sense of accomplishment?"

    You've won the game, beaten it all solo, and now have the t-shirt.
    Might I recommend trying something new?
    Permadeath?
    Static Group?
    Leading and teaching random pugs?
    Flavor builds?
    No potions?
    No AH?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbling View Post
    Close sir, or maam.I feel no sense of accomplishment for anything i have done ...that sums it up rather nicely
    There is no reason for the sense of accomplishment to be gone. You still did these things, the game expanding beyond them has nothing to do with that. Or do you really want DDO to remain entirely stagnant where it was a couple of years ago for the rest of eternity? Because if they had done that I can guarantee that your 'achievements' would be safe, as no one else would be playing any longer.

    I agree that there should be ~epic~ challenges in the game. And massive bloats of HP do not really provide that, no matter how much their stats are hyper inflated. All it does is drive the most dedicated players into strange builds designed to deal with the content, such as Shiradi spam.

  17. #17
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,601

    Default

    Don't like the current state of the game - wait six months or so.
    Not kidding or being facetious, either.


    Granted, you might not like it more at that point - but there will have been changes.
    53461

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I must say I agree, DDO has become too easy for the veteran player. There is no longer end game goals built in to the game that are difficult to achieve, although you can still create challenges for yourself.

    Power creep on ED's and items has made things too easy. Yes it can be difficult to run some content on a newer toon but once you get the tasty power creep assets it's quite the opposite.

    I would be much more entertained playing my stronger toons if simple things like not being able to re-enter EE's would be implemented much like pre-u14 epics. It's way too easy to do all the EE quests when you can just have the divine recall if he runs out of SP, most quests even have a shrine conveniently placed at the entrance to the quest, if not going to the nearest bar usually only takes a couple minutes. Even a change like this isn't going to impact how easy the most difficult content is since I rarely run out of SP on my divines.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I really appreciate you guys taking the time to reply, postivie feedback or negative.There are so many people i like to quote but maybe you guys are right.I did have alot of fun getting to where i am and now i guess i am stagnant.I just hope in the future i can enjoy new challanges again

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbling View Post
    I really appreciate you guys taking the time to reply, postivie feedback or negative.There are so many people i like to quote but maybe you guys are right.I did have alot of fun getting to where i am and now i guess i am stagnant.I just hope in the future i can enjoy new challanges again
    It's possible that you've just mastered "MMOs" in general... or video games... If that's the point i'd say that variety is your friend until you fall across a couple of bad games. This might re-straighten your priorities on what actually brings you fun.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload