Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Default Unfortunately the login fix doesn't work for everyone...

I've tried it a couple times and no access to my old name and posting history... probably because I had them change my original forum name due to it being too close to my login id a long time ago...

So in keeping with the new name, and because I've given Turbine plenty of slack and plenty of "benefit of the doubt" I have to call this lumpy brown fly covered pile what it is....

I own a PHP forum that's had more than a few "migrations", and am a Global Mod on a rather populated (more than DDO's forums by a lot) Mustang enthusiast site as well as a small Jeep related enthusiast site. I think I am rather qualified to make this statement:

This "upgrade" has been the shabbiest most stunningly amaturish and most inexplicably protracted mess I've ever witnessed on a major forum; and not far from taking the prize on some of the tiny hobbyist owned forums I've been a part of (it took how long to get to this state of brokenness?).

You guys need to hire some talent... there's no other way to say it, perhaps I'll make no friends saying it but It's no secret that I have none here already, as I have been simultaneously supportive of Turbine's Dev staff (and thus disliked by Turbine haters), and also critical of the mostly absentee and lackadaisical moderator staff of the forums. (one of them already has it in for me because a couple years ago I shared my bluntly honest opinion of his PODcast without realizing he was on the forums and would read it... and then ironically he became the moderator not long after).

I have to share the lowering prospects and deflated expectations many here are expressing about DDO, with the terrible mess that is the Enhancement Alpha, the strangulation caused by a neglected LFM UI and grouping mechanics that causes me to regularly log in and not be able to play for hours watching the LFM panel, the group I joined or started myself not actually fill and often even just fall apart as people get tired of waiting or the group goes IP when it still needs a very vital role filled but never gets the trapper or Evasion we needed. (because I don't like solo'ing in multiplayer games, if I want to solo I play a single player game because they are much better for that and have no MMO mechanics). This hot steaming mess of a Forum "upgrade" is just the least significant but none the less bright red cherry on top.

*select + copy in case I am logged out and it deletes my post*

Good thing I did that as I was of course logged out and would have lost everything I typed because logging back in takes you back to the main portal... Shabby, amateurish mistakes that wouldn't be made on any hobbyist web forum.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    *select + copy in case I am logged out and it deletes my post*

Good thing I did that as I was of course logged out and would have lost everything I typed because logging back in takes you back to the main portal... Shabby, amateurish mistakes that wouldn't be made on any hobbyist web forum.
    Oh hey I have two posts already... so I'm going to guess that my first attempt to post worked despite getting an error and a log in redirect... and now I've double posted...

The mess gets worse...

delete one... delete both meh.

Community Member

Same here.
    Cant get my old name back, I guess I wont be posting here anymore.