Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I clicked on Settings at the top-right of the page - and get this screen:

The blurred areas are names - complete with hyperlinks to their profiles here on the forums should I wish to contact them and discuss the Rep they gave me.

P.S. to the Mods...
    What is Reputation Power? Can this be explained, please.
    I imagine that it's the point-value that my Rep will ding others for - but I've been known to be wrong when trying to apply my brand of logic to the outside world.
    Yes i can also see who gave me +Rep and also see who the B. that gave me -Rep.

Community Member

Default Would work if.......

I still have the Report Post icon under my name and avatar, along with others'... that was always the way to get it reviewed and removed in the past.

Phemt, I'm thinking Hendrik is probably right - my ability to see who gave me Rep is likely an artifact or side-effect of my Rep total.

I see the report post link, but in the neg rep it no longer shows me which post I was negged for, just tells me the thread the post was in.

Kind of makes it more difficult to use me thinks.

I could be, since you are...ahem...legendary...
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

Community Member

Default One could likely get a review but........

I also cannot see the name of those giving me pos rep either if that helps any.
    Last edited by forummuleonly; 04-29-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: was a double post, but I fixed it to a new post!

Well I can see the names too, so I guess the cut off is WELL below the Memnir level....
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

Default Now hear this mario lovers

I too can see who gave me + and neg rep, and to all you Mario lovers you can Neg rep me but I know that ultimately those who stay true to the Koopa Troop banner will give me + rep.

Also does anyone really believe the princess got "kidnapped" that many times?

Bowserkoopa,

It's good to be the King

Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Apparently I am a whole new person this blows

I still have the Report Post icon under my name and avatar, along with others'... that was always the way to get it reviewed and removed in the past.

Phemt, I'm thinking Hendrik is probably right - my ability to see who gave me Rep is likely an artifact or side-effect of my Rep total.
    FWIW, I still have my full rep, and can see who I have given and received both pos and neg rep from. I think it may well be an artifact of being able to give neg rep before the forum change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    FWIW, I still have my full rep, and can see who I have given and received both pos and neg rep from. I think it may well be an artifact of being able to give neg rep before the forum change.

You can still give negative rep. Note the red under my forum name.

Community Member

Maybe it is a rep based thing and once you get to a certain level you can see who is doing what.

I am far too boring to attract positive or negative rep so my number is nothing like Memnir's.

I can also see names on rep, + and -.

Can neg rep others too.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Looks like everyone has a 0 rep power. I've attempted to give rep, and it appears grey. I have received rep, and it appears grey. Both positive and negative on both counts.

Seems like it, rest.
    Earlier in the day, my Rep Power was 100+ and now it's a big ol goose egg.

Yo Mods... if you are just going to neuter Rep altogether, both Pos and Neg, just take the whole damn Rep System out and make everyone happy. But it's kinda bizarre and silly to engage in this kind of farce, no?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Looks like everyone has a 0 rep power. I've attempted to give rep, and it appears grey. I have received rep, and it appears grey. Both positive and negative on both counts.

Well, maybe everyone but Memnir, I offered to be his test subject and got hit for negative 49 rep. I have also been given rep from someone that brought that up to negative 22 rep, and have been given more rep that is all grey like you stated.

EDIT: Memnir, maybe after our test the Mods decided to turn off the rep, since they did state that there would be no negative rep in the new forums. Just an afterthought.

Whoever it was "giving back yer rep" is grey if this might help with my above theory.
    Last edited by forummuleonly; 04-29-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Default Re: Mems' forum capabilities...

{Que '85 Transeformers theme song}

You've got the touch!
    (bahm bahm)
    You've got the pooow-werrrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Christ View Post
    {Que '85 Transeformers theme song}

You've got the touch!
    (bahm bahm)
    You've got the pooow-werrrrrr!
    Dude - I loved that song, back in the day.
    Seems like the power is gone, however.

Yeah - it seems like all Rep has been effectively turned off after my little demonstration of power earlier. So, after trying to get them to Kill Rep for years now - it seems like the crusade paid off! Victory!!!

Dear Mods,
    Please just remove Rep, or just leave it "off" and impotent and ineffectual. It would be one way to actually improve these new forums.

Yah, admittedly I knew I was a little late to the party with that one, but I just watched it with my son last night and the song wouldn't leave my head 'till I let it out

Community Member

Dear Mods,

Recall what I said earlier about the forums now being +Rep only? How true is that?

I was initially only going to check the new "Your comments on this post:" field - when I noticed I have a fully armed and operational Neg Rep Button. At least I assume it is good to go... I didn't pull the trigger to see if it actually deducted Rep from the person or not. I'm tempted to just to test it - but I'd rather wait to see if this gets any kind of feedback at all. first...
    Feel free to neg rep me to test it out. I always wondered what it would be like to get a red twizzler.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    Feel free to neg rep me to test it out. I always wondered what it would be like to get a red twizzler.
    Done and done.
    For science!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    considering you still have a grey twizzler, I believe Mem's greenis has truly been nerfed. As mine has, since you did not go green when I gave you pos rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast