Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post
    I want this crappy name changed, it never gave me the offer. Any ideas?
    You'll always be Durnak to us Cetuss!

Default this is what i got

Greetings ,

Thank you for contacting Turbine. This automated Email has been sent to let you know that we have received your help request and that you will receive a response from one of our Community Representatives once they have reviewed the information provided.

All issues are handled in the order in which they are received. While you are awaiting your response please feel free to search for an answer to your question(s) within our Knowledge Base at http://support.turbine.com.

To update your ticket or inquire about the status, please reply to this Email. In your reply please do not update the default subject line. We request that you refrain from submitting multiple tickets regarding the same issue. If you have received this Email your ticket will be looked at and addressed by the Turbine Community Team.

Thank you for contacting the Turbine Community Team.

Turbine, powered by our fans.

Community Member

I want my old forum account back... It's rather silly that they picked "friend code" for early access to MotU beta instead of my actual 3 years older account... I've sent a ticket, hope I get my account back quickly.

Community Member

I don't like this. Not one bit. I can't tell who anyone is anymore, with the exception of Mem, and Cetuss, and a few others. Lucky bastards.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by b_r_z_y_t_k_i View Post
    I want my old forum account back... It's rather silly that they picked "friend code" for early access to MotU beta instead of my actual 3 years older account... I've sent a ticket, hope I get my account back quickly.
    You may be able to change that yourself. Go to the top of the page and click on the "select display name" pull down to see if your other subs are listed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meri View Post
    Count me as another one those people that lost their "old" forum handle because of this forum 'upgrade', submitting a ticket several hours ago, but still haven't gotten my old handle back.
    Based on the number of April/13 users, it looks like they have at least an 80%+ failure rate (did they not do a test run at all?). I expect it will take a LONG time for them to address this.

It would be nice if we could get some feedback on how this effort is going. Should we expect to wait 1-2 days, 1-2 weeks, or months? "Hours" has come and gone, I'm afraid.

Apparently my old forum name was disallowed, so I picked another.
    Post history, rep (assuming I had any ), thread subscriptions, inbox, avatar, settings... all wiped.

Not that I really care, I'm not going through the trouble to fill out tickets.

I do like the look better than the old one, it was starting to show its age.
    The feel of the forum is mostly the same, so that's good.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    You may be able to change that yourself. Go to the top of the page and click on the "select display name" pull down to see if your other subs are listed.
    Oh, that was the first thing i did. However, i do not have my old forum name listed there and i'd rather wait for them to reinstate my account instead fo creating a third one without my posting history, contacts, subscribed threads, greenies and so on. Not to mention, i liked my old forum name.

test
    member of DWAT: BODHISATTVA / BREAKBEATZ / DOSEONE / DROFFSKI / EARASAMUS / ISMIST / NEOSPORING / NYOSH / NYOSHIS / THEDANCING / TONES

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    Based on the number of April/13 users, it looks like they have at least an 80%+ failure rate (did they not do a test run at all?). I expect it will take a LONG time for them to address this.
    At least in their next forum statistics meeting they will be able to say, "The new forum system is a run-away hit! Look at all the people we had sign up in April!"
    The poster formerly known as MrkGrismer

Community Member

well, sent in a ticket...........
    lets see if this can work or if we just lost everything...
    please migrate me, just take off the number 2 on my name, add 10,000 or so posts, get my IMs, get me my rep back, and allow me to edit my posts and I will be happy

Community Member

I'm also waiting to get my original forum name back. Submitted a ticket last night. I hope it won't take them a long time, but I'm afraid it will.

And for the love of all that is holy, could we please get the automatic logout/disconnect issue fixed since we can't circumvent it via MyDDO anymore?
    Last edited by SPMaverick; 04-30-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Community Member

I wonder how long it's going to take to get this resolved. I put in a ticket pretty early but I have little confidence

The fix doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by NiborRis View Post
    It would be nice if we could get some feedback on how this effort is going. Should we expect to wait 1-2 days, 1-2 weeks, or months? "Hours" has come and gone, I'm afraid.
    "1-2 days" has also come and gone.

Has anyone who has submitted a ticket as Tolero described actually gotten their problem resolved? Are they slowly working through the list, or do they not actually know how to fix it yet?

It would be really, really nice to get some sort of response on what's going on with this. Judging by the number of threads on the subject in the general discussion forum, this problem is hitting a lot of people, and even the process on how to fix it isn't getting out to people very well. Perhaps a forum announcement, or a sticky in the General forum instead of being tucked away in Website Feedback?

Community Member

"1-2 days" has also come and gone.

Has anyone who has submitted a ticket as Tolero described actually gotten their problem resolved? Are they slowly working through the list, or do they not actually know how to fix it yet?

It would be really, really nice to get some sort of response on what's going on with this. Judging by the number of threads on the subject in the general discussion forum, this problem is hitting a lot of people, and even the process on how to fix it isn't getting out to people very well. Perhaps a forum announcement, or a sticky in the General forum instead of being tucked away in Website Feedback?
    I submitted my ticket the day we got the forums back up and running and still no response. So yeah, I'm not happy with the way they're dealing with the entire situation.

Community Member

*yawn*

Typical Turbine.....

I have not yet received another response since the automated "go away and quit bothering us"; mine was the first ticket quoted by Cordovan as being reopened.

Found by using the "Poor Man's Devtracker" - that is, clicking Cordovan's name and looking at his recent posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    For folks who are in this situation (meaning you are prompted to choose a new display name despite having a community account previously, and are not able to choose your previous community name): Send in a ticket to Community/Forum Support through support.turbine.com. We're gathering up everyone's information while we work on a fix for this. Once we have a more solid resolution plan, we'll be messaging you (probably both publicly and through the ticketing system.) What's happened is that your Community Account information has been made inaccessible due to a forum migration issue, and it's something we're working to fix as soon as possible.
    In summary, it appears they don't have a fix yet, but are researching it. So they can't fix anyone's account yet I suppose, and we have no idea how long it will take. We don't even know when we'll get another update on the matter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast