Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Wrong Forum Name / Missing Post Count?

Currently investigating issues with display names and missing post count for users. Please note:
    • If you have more than one subscription tied to the same account (example: a F2P and a VIP), there is a drop down list at the top of the forums. Use the drop down to select which forum handle you are posting as.
    • In some cases if your account did not migrate properly we are able to re-associate the misplaced forum handle with your account. This can be done via a "Community" help in the support ticketing system at http://support.turbine.com/
    • If you attempt to log into your existing community account, but are prompted to select a new display name (even though you already HAD a forum name in the old system), the system will not allow you (or anyone else) to take the display name because it already exists. In some cases if you always wanted to change your display name and don't have any posting history you're worried about, feel free to continue using the new display name you pick. But if you'd like to recover the wayward posting history from your old handle, we are able to assist with this via the "Community" help option in the support ticketing system at http://support.turbine.com/
    Last edited by Tolero; 04-29-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: updated links to hook properly

Could you provide instructions on how to actually submit a "Community" ticket via the link you gave? It redirects me to a FAQ page with lots of question/answers and after looking at about 30 links I still have no idea how to submit a ticket to resolve my forum account problem.

Edit: I finally found the link - for anyone else looking, you need to click "Support Center" near the top of the page, outside of all the boxes that contain links. From there, select "Submit a ticket".
    Last edited by NiborRis; 04-29-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Direct link to ticketing system: http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic

You are welcome.

Thank you for submitting your issue! We have received your ticket and have converted it into a Bug Report. It has been sent to our Web Development team to be evaluated.

Please be aware that you will not receive a response from us regarding this report, and any further responses to this ticket will not be received or reviewed. If you have a different problem that is not website related, please visit support.turbine.com and Submit a New Ticket.

Thank you,
    The Turbine Customer Support Team

Turbine, powered by our fans.

Community Member

Thank you for contacting Turbine Community Support. This automated email has been sent to let you know that we have received your support request and to also forward some relevant information based on the support request details you selected:

We apologize but at this time we are unable to offer Community Name Changes; this is due to potential complications that result from the change. We hope to offer this service in the future and have passed along your interest. If you are requesting a Community Name Change due to a specific privacy concern, please respond to this email with an explanation for your request.

If you need further assistance or have questions or concerns please reply to this email to update your ticket status.

Special Notes:
    - If you do not reply at all it is assumed that the issue was resolved and no further action will be taken.
    - If you received this response in error please reply to this email as soon as possible indicating this.

Lastly, when replying to this email please do not modify or change the "subject" line of the reply message.

Thank you,

Thank you for contacting Turbine Community Support. This automated email has been sent to let you know that we have received your support request and to also forward some relevant information based on the support request details you selected:

We apologize but at this time we are unable to offer Community Name Changes; this is due to potential complications that result from the change. We hope to offer this service in the future and have passed along your interest. If you are requesting a Community Name Change due to a specific privacy concern, please respond to this email with an explanation for your request.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalatai268 View Post
    We apologize but at this time we are unable to offer Community Name Changes; this is due to potential complications that result from the change.
    This.

Basically, they wiped our forum partecipation history.

Will they figure out a way to make us forgive them? Will they even care about it?

We'll see.

Community Member

yeah, I lost all the reputation and post counts on this account... my main account can't even log in... and I get invalid session token everytime I try to post a request to support... talk about a mess.

boooooooooo Turbine boooooooooo

Community Member

Did send a reply to see if a real person would look at it. Perhaps they should disable the automated messages for those til things get sorted out =P

Cool so this is my first post. HAHA.

Edit: OMG my post count is right.

Community Member

hope they have a lot of people standing by to process manual requests for failed migrations...

Angry

Not fun. Can't log in as Pwesiela anymore, and have to choose Pwesiela1 as a new display name.

Quote Originally Posted by NotMyRealAccount View Post
    Thank you for submitting your issue! We have received your ticket and have converted it into a Bug Report. It has been sent to our Web Development team to be evaluated.

Please be aware that you will not receive a response from us regarding this report, and any further responses to this ticket will not be received or reviewed. If you have a different problem that is not website related, please visit support.turbine.com and Submit a New Ticket.

Thank you,

Turbine, powered by our fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalatai268 View Post

If you need further assistance or have questions or concerns please reply to this email to update your ticket status.

Special Notes:
    - If you do not reply at all it is assumed that the issue was resolved and no further action will be taken.
    - If you received this response in error please reply to this email as soon as possible indicating this.

Lastly, when replying to this email please do not modify or change the "subject" line of the reply message.

Thank you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcscoob View Post

We have fixed this error in our ticketing system, and have reopened affected tickets. Thanks.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Should I use the support tools for other, general "no idea what's broken now" issues, or is the upgrade/migration still underway and I need to just wait?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have fixed this error in our ticketing system, and have reopened affected tickets. Thanks.
    Thanks =D

Community Member

Is there a way I can get my old account name's posts associated with my new preferred display name(and keep the new name)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Hopefully all the affected tickets and not just the three quoted.

Community Member

Unhappy

Just checking to see what it looks like....

Edit: Wrong display name and post count. >: (

Community Member

It made me pick a new name and wouldn't let me choose my old name. My rep and posting history appears to be associated with my old name. Me sad

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast