Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Found by using the "Poor Man's Devtracker" - that is, clicking Cordovan's name and looking at his recent posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    For folks who are in this situation (meaning you are prompted to choose a new display name despite having a community account previously, and are not able to choose your previous community name): Send in a ticket to Community/Forum Support through support.turbine.com. We're gathering up everyone's information while we work on a fix for this. Once we have a more solid resolution plan, we'll be messaging you (probably both publicly and through the ticketing system.) What's happened is that your Community Account information has been made inaccessible due to a forum migration issue, and it's something we're working to fix as soon as possible.
    In summary, it appears they don't have a fix yet, but are researching it. So they can't fix anyone's account yet I suppose, and we have no idea how long it will take. We don't even know when we'll get another update on the matter.

Doublepost, thanks to being logged out mid-post, then getting an error when trying again after logging again, then trying again. I'm sure everyone understands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
    I received a e-mail saying they got the bug report but can't comment on it and ask that I submit no further bug reports on this issue as they will be ignored.
    Yeah that response email does read like an F-Off. I am reasonably sure they don't mean it that way but it is a rather hostile acknowledgement.
    Lost: Account profile. Last seen in the hands of the site devs.

(Yes I have submitted a ticket on 4/29/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Demogarose View Post
    Greetings ,

Thank you for contacting Turbine. This automated Email has been sent to let you know that we have received your help request and that you will receive a response from one of our Community Representatives once they have reviewed the information provided.

All issues are handled in the order in which they are received. While you are awaiting your response please feel free to search for an answer to your question(s) within our Knowledge Base at http://support.turbine.com.

To update your ticket or inquire about the status, please reply to this Email. In your reply please do not update the default subject line. We request that you refrain from submitting multiple tickets regarding the same issue. If you have received this Email your ticket will be looked at and addressed by the Turbine Community Team.

Thank you for contacting the Turbine Community Team.

Turbine, powered by our fans.
    That's much nicer than the one I received. Looks like they updated the template.
    Lost: Account profile. Last seen in the hands of the site devs.

(Yes I have submitted a ticket on 4/29/2013)

Anyone had their issue fixed after submitting a ticket, yet?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosReigns View Post
    Anyone had their issue fixed after submitting a ticket, yet?
    I didn't have my issue fixed yet but i did receive a response to my ticket a few hours ago:
    Greetings ,

Thank you for contacting Turbine Community Support.

We are currently working to re-associate your forum account properly. Please note that while we are working to resolve this issue for you:
    We do still have all of your posting/reputation history from your desired forum name. It is simply currently disassociated, and we are working to correct this for you.
    No one is able to "steal" your original forum name while we complete our work for you. If your account did not properly migrate, this can cause the system to fail to recognize your original forum name, but the system will disallow anyone else from taking your forum name in the meantime.
    In cases where the display name has been associated with the wrong subscription on your account, we are able to correct this issue for you and you do not need to take any additional steps at this time.

Once we have properly associated your forum display names/posting history with your account, any temporary forum display name you may have picked in the interim will no longer be accessible. Posts made by the temporary name will still be visible on the forums, but won't be tied to your restored forum name.

Thank you for your patience, and we will send another update for you once we have resolved your forum issue.

- The Turbine Customer Service Team
    I'd guess that everyone that submitted a ticket should've gotten such an email by now. At least it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by b_r_z_y_t_k_i View Post
    I didn't have my issue fixed yet but i did receive a response to my ticket a few hours ago:

I'd guess that everyone that submitted a ticket should've gotten such an email by now. At least it's something.
    Gratz on the email. None received here yet.

Community Member

I got an e-mail too but still waiting for old account..

Quote Originally Posted by b_r_z_y_t_k_i View Post

I've not yet received a follow up - the only email I got was the form letter that they've received it. At least they're making progress, but it's a concern for me that I wasn't on the list of people to update.

Got a much more polite form letter, although they obviously didn't bother to read my original ticket or they would have known my situation falls under the NOTE: category; I replied that this was the case, let the waiting rebegin!

Thank you for contacting Turbine Community Support.

If you are having trouble logging into your forum account, please review the following to ensure that you are able to log in:

Remember that you now use your game login credentials to log into the website.

If this is your first time visiting the forums, you will be prompted to select a community name.

If you have an existing account, your existing forum name becomes your display name to other forum users.

NOTE: If you have an existing forum name, but are prompted to select a different name when you attempt to log into the forums, this is something we are able to assist you with and you may reply to this ticket to receive assistance.

There is a known bug regarding mismatches with Country selection and/or email during website sign in. If you receive a login error, confirm that your email and Country is updated in the account management site myaccount.turbine.com - be sure that Country is not set to "Select Country" in the drop down list, as leaving the Country undefined can cause a web login error.

If you have a game login password longer than 16 characters, this can cause issues during website sign in even though the game launcher accepts longer passwords. We are working to resolve this issue, but in the meantime changing your game login password to be 16 characters long instead can allow you to bypass the issue.

Let us know if you require any further assistance, and we will be happy to help!

Thank you,
    The Turbine Customer Service Team

To update your ticket please reply to this Email. In your reply please do not update or modify the default "subject" line.

Helpful Links:
    http://support.turbine.com
    https://myaccount.turbine.com

Turbine/WBGames

Turbine, powered by our fans.

If you reply, please do not change the default subject line. This will ensure that your update is added to your existing ticket. You may always search our FAQ or request additional support at support.turbine.com

...One week later...

~ Gaeryus (Sorc18/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (13Mnk/7Rog)(L5) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal18/Mnk2)(L2) Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1) Flamebeard ~
    Captain of the Flying Fock ~ ~ Nothing Personal ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs™

Edit: Content removed due to a misunderstanding on my side. The mail postet was completely unrelated to the forum handle issue. I still haven't heard anything since I submitted the ticket.
    Last edited by no_name_displayed; 05-14-2013 at 02:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I think it's time for a divorce. At the very least, I think I need to start seeing other, more attractive, forums.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Som View Post
    Is there a way I can get my old account name's posts associated with my new preferred display name(and keep the new name)?

Was hoping to see a real answer to this question, but am guessing I already know the answer...

Still, rather like to know if it's an option before I go poking more buttons to see what randomly happens.

This is disgraceful.

What a complete mess. This is the worst thing Ive ever seen Turbine do. Only fix is to revert back now to our original forums. THESE arent OUR forums. By our, I mean our community forums.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

So, i finally got another email with an update on my ticket. Here it is:
    Greetings ,

Greetings!

We wanted to give you a status update regarding your forum account. Our web developers will be deploying a fix to correct your forum account within the next day or two. You do not need to take any action at this time, and once our deployment is complete we will send another email to confirm that we've completed the process. Thank you so much for your patience while we work to correct your account!

Thank you,
    The Turbine Customer Service Team
    Hopefully, i'll get my old forum account back in a day or two. More waiting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234