Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Community Member ~Arcscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    42

    Default The new forums are terrible

    Not only could I not use my old username, but the graphical scheme is atrocious. The background image is way too busy (people come here to read - not look at the underdark picture, and it's too distracting as is) and the colors and sizes of things make it less readable (less color contrast, forum page does NOT scale to full width of screen, it's almost half and on my desktop I'm sure it'd be less than half width). I would prefer to use the 'mobile' skin except that you can't seem to access your control panel using that one.

  2. #2
    Community Member Myrddinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcscoob View Post
    Not only could I not use my old username...
    Did you select your display name? There's a drop down menu at the top of the page that allows you to choose your display name. When I first logged in, the username it had was an old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

  3. #3
    Community Member ~Arcscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    Did you select your display name? There's a drop down menu at the top of the page that allows you to choose your display name. When I first logged in, the username it had was an old one.
    Well I made a new display name. Does that mean it's too late to somehow recover my old username?

  4. #4
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,537

    Default

    Yeah we're not that fond of the web bridge background in this view. Will be updating with an eveningstar background that is a little tamer (requires a new code deployment so might be a couple days for that one).

    If you're having issues with your display name we are able to help with that. Just send a ticket through the support system under "Community" and we can take a look and fix ya up!

  5. #5
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Yeah we're not that fond of the web bridge background in this view. Will be updating with an eveningstar background that is a little tamer (requires a new code deployment so might be a couple days for that one).
    The background is the least of the problems with this new version.


    The very least.
    53723

  6. #6
    Community Member Myrddinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    If you're having issues with your display name we are able to help with that. Just send a ticket through the support system under "Community" and we can take a look and fix ya up!
    ^this

    Is there a way to sticky this? I have only seen a handful of people who have been able to successfully "transition".
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

  7. #7
    Community Member Natashaelle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcscoob View Post
    Not only could I not use my old username
    Same here -- so I'm logging in using a different account til they fix it LMAO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload