Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Forum Update!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    This is like what happens when a still great looking and fantastic Hollywood persona decides they are afraid of a few laugh lines and overreacts with too much botox and plastic surgery. In turn, they ruin what they had while trying to look younger and prettier... instead winding up looking like a nightmarish caricature of themselves.

These new forums are a cosmetic disaster. Unmitigated cosmetic disaster.

Agreed.

But hey - At least you can keep posting?

Or just play the game?

Community Member

I'm actively impressed by how bad the new forums look and how irritating it is to navigate through the new page.

They even changed the font to make the forums harder to read.

Community Member

Default Accessibility fail

After noticing several obvious features that are accessibility issues (restrained text area size, serif fonts in the listings, etc) I decided to run a very basic accessibility check using one of the many free sites out there.

Total fail.

Seriously Turbine, a website that isn't set up to be accessible in this day and age? Ridiculous.

Community Member

Default User CP

Is there any way to see "New Subscribed Threads" like we could by simply clicking "User CP" in the old forums?

That is the main way I start any forum session, so I can see at a glance (and open in a new tab) every thread I'm participating in that has had new replies since my last session.

Community Member

So. Umm. This is what we have been waiting for?

Default Eagerly..

Eagerly awaiting some better themes.

I'd like a mostly black one, I was rather partial to the black/blue one the forums use to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Indaryx View Post
    Well, my "proper" account can't be processed at this time so I guess this is who I'm going to be for now...
    Well, I got that sorted, at least. If you're having trouble, check your account details to make sure your "country" info field matches what you're forced to pick signing up here. (I think this'll only work for the "We cannot process your request at this time" errors.)
    Liseyda on Khyber: TR3 Elf Paladin (L18).

Among other things...

Among other things...

And a double post...

The first one took me right back to the login screen and the second told me that duplicate headers were encountered.

Good times.

Community Member

When I click on the forum name to do a user post view, the white background on whitish text don't work so well.

Community Member

Default definately need more country location chioces

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Will check with the web peeps!
    Thank you and please do.

In order to log into the forums I had to go to my account and change my location to the USA. Untill I did that I was unable to log in. I am now concerned when it comes time for my account renewal it will cause the Credit card payment to bomb as the country that I live in is NOT the USA.

(Obviously I'm cranky today as I really resented the fact that Turbine seems to think the rest of the world aside from the USA and Canada doesn't exist, normally I would just shake my head and not worry too much)

Community Member

Default Forum changes

I had a little trouble logging into the new forums also. I eventualy logged in with my account info from the login server and created a new forum account. As with all changes there will be some getting used to the new format and a few bugs to deal with. I personaly think the new look is cleaner, easy to navigate once i noticed where the links were located (dev tracker is still missing though) and alot less cluttered. My only complaint (other than no dev tracker) is i couldnt figure out how i could list my characters names with my profile as before, otherwise nice job. You will never please everybody, this is DDO afterall :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_Dee View Post
    Is there any way to see "New Subscribed Threads" like we could by simply clicking "User CP" in the old forums?

That is the main way I start any forum session, so I can see at a glance (and open in a new tab) every thread I'm participating in that has had new replies since my last session.
    At the top of the forum it says "Welcome [username]"

On this bar there are two ways to get there. First is to click on your username there. The page it directs you to has a tab "my activity" on the toolbar directly below it is subscriptions.

The otherway is to on the "Welcome [username]" hit the notification button, which then has a drop down menu with only inbox. Hit inbox and on that page there is a "My subscriptions" box that you can use to see the subscribed threads"

You can get to subscribed threads both ways.

Edit: An even easier way is avaliable. Click on the "Quick links" button while on the forum (if you don't know where it is just ctrl+f to wordsearch for "Quick Links"). From there on that drop down menu is subscriptions
    Last edited by SMDrake; 04-29-2013 at 09:20 PM.

I like the new look, much classier and sleek than the old forums! Might take some time to get used to new navigation and unlearn the old forum one, but this is good work

But at times, the forums or any other part of the website takes incredibly long to open.

Also, you do realize that there are people outside US and Canada who play this game??

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    [*]Known Issues:
    • The dev tracker is currently not displaying properly. We are working to correct this.
    • The reputation system is temporarily disabled, but the rep button still appears on posts.
    • We are currently investigating an issue with periodic authentication time outs, impacting the ability to log into myaccount, the game, and the old/new websites. If you receive an error when attempting to log into the site, please try again.
    [/LIST]

Thanks for your patience, and welcome to the new forums!
    It might be good to add to the list:

On the community page, the FORUMS destination doesn't actually take you to the forums. Just back to the community page.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

This is like what happens when a still great looking and fantastic Hollywood persona decides they are afraid of a few laugh lines and overreacts with too much botox and plastic surgery. In turn, they ruin what they had while trying to look younger and prettier... instead winding up looking like a nightmarish caricature of themselves.

well said
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Community Member

Gathering all those seriously bad work, i blame your HR department actualy. Terrible web design, useless database guy, and extremely bad community management (my favorite is solution for multi-billing issue: threating and bullying players as a fix of problem was awesome ) man. You are number one Turbine.

Angry I do not live in $#$@/#& usa! Change that /@/#$%& @/&#% now!

I had to change MY COUNTRY TO USA TO BE ABLE TO LOGIN!

What the hell is this? Anyone outside of USA/Canada are 3rd class citizens or something?

I can't wait to see what having the wrong country on myaccount will do to my billing. Be ready to give out free days to VIPS again, Turbine.

*Grabs popcorn and waits for the next big f*** up that Turbine will do.*

P.S.

- Xenophobic site/forum.... who had that brilliant idea? WB? Both of you? Doesn't matter... FAIL! HUGE FAIL THAT CAN (and most likely WILL) SCREW UP BILLING (again...).

- This forum's color scheme kills my eyes (all dark and suddenly WHAM!! WHITE BOX OF EPIC EYE DEATH!). Get an option light grey background with dark letters please!
    - The fonts kill my eyes
    - Who designed this thing? Paul McCartney back in the 60's? One of the most horrid sites I've ever laid my eyes upon. It's only missing the flashing gifs all over, from the 90's.

My opinion of this whole thing is:

Last edited by Aussir; 04-29-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

I can't use my old forum username because "that name is not allowed."

I had to change from Purpletimb to Purple_Timb. Why?

I wouldn't care, except all my previous posts, private messages, forum rep and friends are now gone.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast