Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Update!

Community Member

Posting in this thread to find out what my post looks like.

Community Member

This is gonna take some time getting used to lol.

It's alive! IT'S ALIVE. The forums anyway. Well, at least it didn't explode with the update...
    Any changelogs for the game yet? The “New posts” section isn't working for me, it seems.

P.S. Why isn't there an "I'm drunk" post icon. Sigh...
    Seliaena | Alaunaflae | Alaunafae | Alaunakee | Shattering | Luavrae | Gronton
    Luaala | Alaunafea | Tharrax | Alaunafee | Wartiphicer | Alaunaphey | Waaaagh

Waaghchanta | Alaunaki | Bodliva | Alaunadee | Lualina
    Officer of Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda

Community Member

Default Wooot

Duh, after being unable to create a forum account for more than a year I seem to have an actual presence at last (sorry folks, to late 2 run now). And while the background is horrilbe and distracting i's kind of a nice change for once.

Community Member

Wow this forum looks so retro vintage early 2000 now, and it came with a lot of bug with migrating the accounts... well here's hoping at least it will work as a platform for further improvements, cause right now it's a downgrade not an upgrade

Community Member

Default Also Already Annoyed

I was forced through a process to choose a new forum name, lost all of my history, PMs, etc. On the plus side, I've now got... um, some extra background art? Seriously, couldn't y'all have just changed the CSS for better readability, and left well enough alone?

<grumble>

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

For those experiencing issues with your forum display name / post history, latest info available here!

Community Member

Moving forums.ddo.com to ddo.com/forums has broken all links and bookmarks. Is it really that hard to have a redirect in place?

Dev Tracker isn't working - this is bad.

The color scheme is horrible, and the central text box is way too small. The Mobile scheme is by far the best to use to view the forums, and this shouldn't be the case.

Was this even checked with a random cross section of players before going live?
    Walchek @ Ghallanda

Tolero:

I can still Neg Rep folks.

Pretty sure Neg Rep going away was touted as a feature of the New Forums Experience. Thought you'd like to know.

Default Testing and news...

Any news about game update? I can't find related news in forums about today's maintance, nor about the patch notes.

Thanks in advance!

PS.: Just a quick FYI, my join date is now because of new forum's rules (using game username to log now). I was a user of old forum, but with a login different from my game account...
    Last edited by Ben_Throttle; 04-29-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Throttle View Post
    Any news about game update? I can't find related news in forums about today's maintance, nor about the patch notes.

Thanks in advance!
    I think the servers are up (haven't looked myself yet).

As for news on today's maintenance - I think they said they'd talk about it later in the week, with no details given at this time. Could very easily be wrong on that - these new forums are a pain in the posterior. But, I think that was what was said.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I think the servers are up (haven't looked myself yet).

As for news on today's maintenance - I think they said they'd talk about it later in the week, with no details given at this time. Could very easily be wrong on that - these new forums are a pain in the posterior. But, I think that was what was said.
    They are and they did
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm by Sir Winston Churchill (Quotation embraced enthusiastically by Turbine)

I like the look better so far than the old forums, its something at least.

I haven't logged in on my main account yet because I can't set my location to anywhere but "United States" or "Canada", neither of which is accurate. Sigh.

Oh look, I can use Comic Sans. (An important part of any testing process.)

So to whoever asked that question earlier, it looks like you can change the font of your own posts but I'm not sure if there's any way to change the default display font for the forums. I didn't see any way to do that but I'm not really sure what I'm doing here yet.
    Indaryx - The Harbinger of War (Drow TWF Warchanter)

Quote Originally Posted by Indaryx View Post
    I haven't logged in on my main account yet because I can't set my location to anywhere but "United States" or "Canada", neither of which is accurate. Sigh.
    Well, I really just ignored this, so i could log in forum. Anyway, I did try to log in with my old forum account, but it didn't work. Any of you guys are using your old forum account (if they were different from game login)?
    And, since I'm still here, is MyDDO dead? I really liked the character signatures it provided...

:-/

And (haven't checked yet) is DDO Wiki going to be migrated also?

Community Member

Default I can't login to forums with my main account

I set this one up just so I could post this comment.

I enter my main account name, click USA for location, click box for terms and conditions then click submit and get a message "Can't process your request at this time. Please try again later".

Community Member

So just to confirm, there will be no more thread wipes from the old forums after today, right? anything posted today and later will still be around?

I had planned to post something in the achievements thread, but I had to wait because I didnt get it up before the 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Throttle View Post
    Well, I really just ignored this, so i could log in forum.
    I guess it's the principle of the thing.

Yeah, myddo is dead so there won't be pretty signatures anymore. Maybe they'll implement some new way of making shiny signatures. Until then, I will have to go with links to YourDDO pages (click the link in my sig to see what I mean, if you don't already know). Given that half of my characters didn't actually generate working signatures I'm not too cut up about the loss.
    Indaryx - The Harbinger of War (Drow TWF Warchanter)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_daBard View Post
    My forum name was not allowed even through the it met the listed requirements. In the end I had to replace the hyphen with an underscore.

edit: Looks like I lost all my history as a result.
    same here =((

plz let me take back my old forum name with my posts, history, pms, list of friends etc..

I am not going to say too much as I expect that there will be some themes selection that will take care of some of what is bothering me. Also I hope the current lag is because they are still working in the background, if not then it rivals anything I have seen in game so I guess it's at least a consistent experience ... yaay ???

I will say that the menu navigation, while interesting, is definitely not "better". I am hoping it was designed the way it was based on how much the particular forum was used.

All in all I will give it some time but before saying if I like or dislike it but my first impression is not particularly favorable. It seems perhaps designed for mobile use rather than PC?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast