Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Update!

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Exclamation Forum Update!

Good Afternoon! We are in the process of deploying the new DDO website and new forums today! Please note the following:

• Remember: to log into the new forums, use your game login.
      • Your existing forum name is now your display name to other users.
      • If you are new to the forums, log into the site with your game login and you will be prompted to create a forum display name.
      • With this update it is now possible to manage your account settings/create new forum accounts.
      • If you are experiencing issues with your display name / post history please click here!

• You may notice several changes occurring to the forums throughout the day! Please excuse our dust while we work.
      • Bug reports can be submitted to the "web" category of the bug reporting tool. NOTE: The bug reporting tool should not be used for urgent issues that require assistance! For assistance related issue, please continue to use the support ticketing system at support.turbine.com

• The forums will be reflecting post topics from April 19th.
      • As previously stated, posts that were made between the 19th and prior to today's deployment will not be recovered.

• Known Issues:
      • The dev tracker is currently not displaying properly. We are working to correct this.
      • The reputation system is temporarily disabled, but the rep button still appears on posts.
      • We are currently investigating an issue with periodic authentication time outs, impacting the ability to log into myaccount, the game, and the old/new websites. If you receive an error when attempting to log into the site, please try again.

Thanks for your patience, and welcome to the new forums!
    Last edited by Tolero; 04-29-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: more info

Community Member

Default Country choices

This looks very swish and shiny and new....

Any chance of adding some countries other than the US and Canada to the screen name creation options?

Thumbs up Quite Nice :)

I like the look so far! I can't wait to see what it looks like when the dust settles.

One question: will we be able to change themes at all? I only see options for Community Default and Mobile (which is nice by the way).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Default Colors are better

At least my eyes are not playing jenga after 2 minutes of reading like in the old forum. Good job designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchicus View Post
    This looks very swish and shiny and new....

Any chance of adding some countries other than the US and Canada to the screen name creation options?
    Will check with the web peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    I like the look so far! I can't wait to see what it looks like when the dust settles.

One question: will we be able to change themes at all? I only see options for Community Default and Mobile (which is nice by the way).

Thanks
    Was planning on adding a couple other color schemes for folks once we make sure the basics are all working

Dear Tolero,

Why did i lose all my post count and reputation?
    Not a real big issue, just curious.

Edit: also my join date changed to today.
    Edit2: i also lost all my pms this is not so good
    Last edited by Phemt; 04-29-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Any way of adjusting the default font size? Everything is gigantic, I like tiny fonts so nosy people can't read over my shoulder.

This is like what happens when a still great looking and fantastic Hollywood persona decides they are afraid of a few laugh lines and overreacts with too much botox and plastic surgery. In turn, they ruin what they had while trying to look younger and prettier... instead winding up looking like a nightmarish caricature of themselves.

These new forums are a cosmetic disaster. Unmitigated cosmetic disaster.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NiborRis View Post
    Any way of adjusting the default font size? Everything is gigantic, I like tiny fonts so nosy people can't read over my shoulder.
    Any way of adjusting the default font itself? I feel like I'm trying to read item descriptions from Diablo 1.

My forum name was not allowed even through the it met the listed requirements. In the end I had to replace the hyphen with an underscore.

edit: Looks like I lost all my history as a result.

Community Member

My forum account wasn't migrated. Apparently "Aliss7" is no longer an "allowed" name... I had to create this new one and now lost any connection with my original forum account

Community Member

When is DevTracker going to be re-added?

This isn't progress, Turbine.

Sub-basement of my own personal third hell.

*looks around...* yep, it's different.... *walks back out mumbling something about "changes to working existing programs and items"*
    "I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...
    Learn to swim..."

*I'm not sure I like these new forums..*

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchicus View Post
    Any way of adjusting the default font itself? I feel like I'm trying to read item descriptions from Diablo 1.
    Ctrl plus +

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    This is like what happens when a still great looking and fantastic Hollywood persona decides they are afraid of a few laugh lines and overreacts with too much botox and plastic surgery. In turn, they ruin what they had while trying to look younger and prettier... instead winding up looking like a nightmarish caricature of themselves.

These new forums are a cosmetic disaster. Unmitigated cosmetic disaster.
    Have to agree with Memnir here, new forum just looks so...meh
    and the worst thing is that all the old bookmarks dont work anymore and some threads just disappeared into nothingness...or i just cant find them cause the search is somehow screwed, dunno

Quote Originally Posted by AlissSeven View Post
    My forum account wasn't migrated. Apparently "Aliss7" is no longer an "allowed" name... I had to create this new one and now lost any connection with my original forum account
    Check out this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ing-Post-Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member ~Mari-McMillan's Avatar

Default New Forum Name?

It seems when picking a new forum name you'll lose all history. Not that i mind it that much but there will be folks hating it. Old forum account should be connected to your game account, not to a forum name.

Also, yes to add more country options. The whole world is playing, why limit it to US and Canada?

And another yes to adding more color themes / skins for the forums. I don't mind the grey but having more options to pick a color one likes won't hurt us.

I am aware the devs and web peeps are just starting up these new forums and need some time to add more stuff. Just wanted to explress my thoughts early on in the process.
    Last edited by Mari-McMillan; 04-29-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Community Member

So yeah, had to create a new forum name, since my old one is apparently no longer authorized. Gotta say, I much prefer the old system, and not just because stuff worked with the old system, though that was a plus. Personally, I find myself with an instant dislike of pretty much the entire new layout. Oh well, just one more thing to add to list keeping me away from DDO for now.

Edit: so, I was poking around the person pages here, and OW! Tried to click on some of the tabs just to navigate around and the highlight color is murder on my eyes, and makes it so that you can hardly read the option you have highlighted.

I can't really think of a way to adequately describe how much I dislike so many of the aspects of the new forums without violating the rules of said forums. So, I will simply say that, in my opinion, the forum changes rank among the worst changes Turbine has made to DDO since I start playing over 3 years ago.
    Last edited by Thelaasa; 04-29-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    [*]Your existing forum name is now your display name to other users.
    No, its not.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast