Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Update!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Exclamation Forum Update!

Good Afternoon! We are in the process of deploying the new DDO website and new forums today! Please note the following:

• Remember: to log into the new forums, use your game login.
      • Your existing forum name is now your display name to other users.
      • If you are new to the forums, log into the site with your game login and you will be prompted to create a forum display name.
      • With this update it is now possible to manage your account settings/create new forum accounts.
      • If you are experiencing issues with your display name / post history please click here!

• You may notice several changes occurring to the forums throughout the day! Please excuse our dust while we work.
      • Bug reports can be submitted to the "web" category of the bug reporting tool. NOTE: The bug reporting tool should not be used for urgent issues that require assistance! For assistance related issue, please continue to use the support ticketing system at support.turbine.com

• The forums will be reflecting post topics from April 19th.
      • As previously stated, posts that were made between the 19th and prior to today's deployment will not be recovered.

• Known Issues:
      • The dev tracker is currently not displaying properly. We are working to correct this.
      • The reputation system is temporarily disabled, but the rep button still appears on posts.
      • We are currently investigating an issue with periodic authentication time outs, impacting the ability to log into myaccount, the game, and the old/new websites. If you receive an error when attempting to log into the site, please try again.

Thanks for your patience, and welcome to the new forums!
    Last edited by Tolero; 04-29-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: more info

Community Member

Default Country choices

This looks very swish and shiny and new....

Any chance of adding some countries other than the US and Canada to the screen name creation options?

Thumbs up Quite Nice :)

I like the look so far! I can't wait to see what it looks like when the dust settles.

One question: will we be able to change themes at all? I only see options for Community Default and Mobile (which is nice by the way).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Default Colors are better

At least my eyes are not playing jenga after 2 minutes of reading like in the old forum. Good job designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    I like the look so far! I can't wait to see what it looks like when the dust settles.

One question: will we be able to change themes at all? I only see options for Community Default and Mobile (which is nice by the way).

Thanks
    Was planning on adding a couple other color schemes for folks once we make sure the basics are all working

Dear Tolero,

Why did i lose all my post count and reputation?
    Not a real big issue, just curious.

Edit: also my join date changed to today.
    Edit2: i also lost all my pms this is not so good
    Last edited by Phemt; 04-29-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Any way of adjusting the default font size? Everything is gigantic, I like tiny fonts so nosy people can't read over my shoulder.

Immortal Executioner & Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Was planning on adding a couple other color schemes for folks once we make sure the basics are all working
    Red on black was the best for night owls,

Is there a way to keep logged in, i use my ipad to read the forums, i bookmarked the main forum page after i signed in. But everytime i come back i have to relog in, grrrr.
    >>>>>>> NobleFist Guild <<<<<<<
    DeepCutter ~ MidnightRed ~ Cardeeo ~ Dalmore ~ TracyDragon ~ Aftershock ~ MakersMark ~Imortalwrath
    Beta player & Leader of a Founders Guild 11yrs and going

Community Member

White text on white background is unreadable. I shouldn't have to highlight a forum post just to read it. It's annoying and clearly an error in QC.

Thanks for splitting the classes backup. For the rest of it, meh. I'll adapt, but honestly I don't see an improvement other than the return of class specific forums and once again I'm disappointed that so many resources went to something for so little apparent gain.

I don't understand what is going on here.

I log in and I see this train wreck.

On top of that but had several builds bookmarked of which the links are now broken.

Must say not happy that resources were spent on this.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Community Member

So that would be *Soon... Correct?

As predicted, the latest Turbine f*** up is now LIVE!! YEAAH!!

Also, dear Turbine.. not only you are trying to BILL ME ONE WEEK EARLIER, YOU'RE ALSO SPAMMING ME! But you know what...?

HEY LOOK!!! NO MONEY ON MY CARD BECAUSE THE BILL ISN'T DUE YET!! NEER NEER NEER!!
    Last edited by Aussir; 04-30-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    So that would be *Soon... Correct?
    No.

Soon™

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchicus View Post
    This looks very swish and shiny and new....

Any chance of adding some countries other than the US and Canada to the screen name creation options?
    Will check with the web peeps!

Community Member

Default definately need more country location chioces

Will check with the web peeps!
    Thank you and please do.

In order to log into the forums I had to go to my account and change my location to the USA. Untill I did that I was unable to log in. I am now concerned when it comes time for my account renewal it will cause the Credit card payment to bomb as the country that I live in is NOT the USA.

(Obviously I'm cranky today as I really resented the fact that Turbine seems to think the rest of the world aside from the USA and Canada doesn't exist, normally I would just shake my head and not worry too much)

Community Member

Default Forum changes

I had a little trouble logging into the new forums also. I eventualy logged in with my account info from the login server and created a new forum account. As with all changes there will be some getting used to the new format and a few bugs to deal with. I personaly think the new look is cleaner, easy to navigate once i noticed where the links were located (dev tracker is still missing though) and alot less cluttered. My only complaint (other than no dev tracker) is i couldnt figure out how i could list my characters names with my profile as before, otherwise nice job. You will never please everybody, this is DDO afterall :P

Arrow best fix for forum login prblem

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrykator View Post
    I had a little trouble logging into the new forums also. I eventualy logged in with my account info from the login server and created a new forum account. As with all changes there will be some getting used to the new format and a few bugs to deal with. I personaly think the new look is cleaner, easy to navigate once i noticed where the links were located (dev tracker is still missing though) and alot less cluttered. My only complaint (other than no dev tracker) is i couldnt figure out how i could list my characters names with my profile as before, otherwise nice job. You will never please everybody, this is DDO afterall :P

You only needed to do the first part but thank you for your input as it lead me to another post which told me about the just having to fill in the e-mail confirmation field on "My Turbine.com"

Here's what I did : OK Problem solved , Able to log into forum with same old name (no need to create new one)now after using game launcher "Account" button then confirming my e-mail address on "My Turbine site and saving and exiting that page.

Im gonna try and sticky this somewhere so 100s of other people dont have to waste 3 hours like I just did finding all this out
    JèrséÿÐ

Community Member

[*]Your existing forum name is now your display name to other users.
    No, its not.

Community Member

Posting in this thread to find out what my post looks like.

Community Member

This is gonna take some time getting used to lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast