Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Forum Update!

Quote Originally Posted by RonLH View Post
    Day #2,

I still can't log into the forums with my regular account.
    Why would you want to?

I can only see logging into the forum with game account auth being a recipe for disaster. Heck, it may already be a disaster, and your credit card info may already be in jeopardy.

It would be nice to have a clear answer: "Is my credit card info and game account safe if I do not use it even once to sign into the forums? Or, am I at risk wholesale, just because of the combined auth?"

I am, often, a fan-boy, diplomat and defender.

- Constant logging on / no way to remember user is a major waster of my time
    - Lack of meaningful skins / layouts and readability controls means my content is getting junked up by someone else's thematic noise.
    - Navigation trees and uber-dynamic display properties (cascasding style sheets / whatever) have made it also slower to progress.

Some people probably like these.

This update is much like the enhancement alpha being previewed, in that it's got lots of shiny new features but once you really look into it everything kinda is going to start looking the same.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Forums are full of suck. I can't even log in to my usual account and the site to try the fix because it appears to be down for maintenance. Way to alienate your customers. I will be playing Neverwinter tonight.

What a joke, Turbinre cant get a damn thing right the first time! Did they even attempt the upgrade in a test environment? If so, did they only verify admin accounts worked? Seriously if any one from Turbine every even applied for work at the company I am at, I would bring them in for an interview just to tell them there is no way in hades they would ever work for me. Seriously the new owners of this comany should start looking at the decision makers and then the crappy support und them. 90% over promise and delivery of 'alpha' level material as a final product.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FnaCotton View Post
    What a joke, Turbinre cant get a damn thing right the first time! Did they even attempt the upgrade in a test environment? If so, did they only verify admin accounts worked? Seriously if any one from Turbine every even applied for work at the company I am at, I would bring them in for an interview just to tell them there is no way in hades they would ever work for me. Seriously the new owners of this comany should start looking at the decision makers and then the crappy support und them. 90% over promise and delivery of 'alpha' level material as a final product.
    Guessing the "New Owners" are the ones pushing these new updates.. any actual developer and/or Dungeons and Dragons player would scoff at these very ideas.

Seems they actually fixed something.

Myaccount is back online and I logged in to change my profile back to my proper country. Confirmed email and stuff again and now I can login properly.

Go test it out guys and re-confirm all your info. Worked for me now.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aussir View Post
    Seems they actually fixed something.

Myaccount is back online and I logged in to change my profile back to my proper country. Confirmed email and stuff again and now I can login properly.

Go test it out guys and re-confirm all your info. Worked for me now.
    Didn't work for me.

Community Member

PS.

The timer is far too short to do anything on the forums with thought. Unless you're planning on turning the forums into an instagram/twitter feed.

Community Member

So who do I contact to merge this new account with my old one? I couldn't log into my old account because the new forum does not support account names with spaces in them.

Thumbs up

Finally figured it out! My game login is quite long (password) but the password for myturbine account is 4 characters shorter so once I tried that it worked fine.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Well, i finally logged in... Unfortunately, its under a premium account i started 3-4 years ago and only just remembered about...

my main account is still saying "cannot process your request at this time"

Angry

Finally managed to log into the forums with an alternate account, still can't log in on my main account, so far this whole thing seems to be an unmitigated disaster, oh and I got an email saying my issues logging in were classed as a bug and despite what was said about those being reopened, I still haven't received a follow up email.

Can we get the old, working, reliable, forums back, you know, the ones without a gaping wide security issue attached? Oh and the ones with a working Dev tracker?

Default Grr

Ive been having troubles just loading the forum pages... No idea why... :/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Umm Hi! This is my signature. If you don't like it I love you! Welp thanks for taking the time to read this!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO!

I just looked at the forum calender. The most recent date it seems to handle is December 2010. Looks like some old code there.
    Lost: Account profile. Last seen in the hands of the site devs.

(Yes I have submitted a ticket on 4/29/2013)

I don't understand what is going on here.

I log in and I see this train wreck.

On top of that but had several builds bookmarked of which the links are now broken.

Must say not happy that resources were spent on this.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldKiller View Post
    On top of that but had several builds bookmarked of which the links are now broken.
    most links you can fix though by replace the /en/ with /forums/ in the link

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldKiller View Post
    Old forum link:
    Code:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=320389
    New forum link:
    Code:
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320389
    Granted if you have a lot of bookmarks it's going to take a while to fix them all but at least it's easy to do

Stoner81.

PS - Devs would you change the colour of text in code boxes and quotes so it can actually be seen please!

Community Member

How do I access the Dev Tracker and Lamannia Dev Tracker? These are probably the single most important items on the forum and they dont seem to work right now. Please advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    How do I access the Dev Tracker and Lamannia Dev Tracker? These are probably the single most important items on the forum and they dont seem to work right now. Please advice.
    Dev tracker doesn't exist anymore and the lamannia type doesn't work, at least for me.

But a user managed to get together Devs profiles here to check their posts: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-it-working%29

Just going to chime in and say, my participation in these forums is way down (as I believe others are based on the lack of fresh posts) because of the UX annoyance and log out timing.

This took an act of will for me to log on, and I'm only posting this because when I did it actually took me to the right spot and not back out to the main www.ddo.com page, which is annoying as hell.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast