Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Forum Update!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Timb View Post
    I can't use my old forum username because "that name is not allowed."

I had to change from Purpletimb to Purple_Timb. Why?

I wouldn't care, except all my previous posts, private messages, forum rep and friends are now gone.
    Hmm...

purp, purple, urple, rple, plet, pleti, eti, etim, etimb... letimb, pletimb...

I don't know... maybe WB thinks your name is a cuss word in Simlish (sims language) or something...
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Arrow best fix for forum login prblem

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrykator View Post
    I had a little trouble logging into the new forums also. I eventualy logged in with my account info from the login server and created a new forum account. As with all changes there will be some getting used to the new format and a few bugs to deal with. I personaly think the new look is cleaner, easy to navigate once i noticed where the links were located (dev tracker is still missing though) and alot less cluttered. My only complaint (other than no dev tracker) is i couldnt figure out how i could list my characters names with my profile as before, otherwise nice job. You will never please everybody, this is DDO afterall :P

You only needed to do the first part but thank you for your input as it lead me to another post which told me about the just having to fill in the e-mail confirmation field on "My Turbine.com"

Here's what I did : OK Problem solved , Able to log into forum with same old name (no need to create new one)now after using game launcher "Account" button then confirming my e-mail address on "My Turbine site and saving and exiting that page.

Im gonna try and sticky this somewhere so 100s of other people dont have to waste 3 hours like I just did finding all this out
    JèrséÿÐ

Community Member

So yup, forced to change name for some unknown reason, forum is a lot more cluttered than before, and it still logs me out all the time.

...what was improved? Not trying to be mean or anything, I just don't see the point.

EDIT: Oh, and all my posts and rep seems gone as well.

Community Member

I had the same issue as posted here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...able-to-log-in!

After submitting a report about it the reply email said it was changed to a bug report for the web devs.

I'm able to login (Somewhat) after changing my location in my Turbine account to Canada and then loggin in here while still logged in there, so to me the issue appears to be linked to location on my Turbine account (Ireland) and attempted forum login (Canada) not matching up.

That's if the forums allows me to post this now, it likes to kick me out.
    My Toons:
    DWP - Fighter/Favored Soul, Olur Takun - Something, Perddy Elfie - Artificer, Tamqil Jemhar - Ranger

Community Member

When I try to log in on my main account I can only click Canada and USA, please fix it to every country instead of appearing like a narcissist.

Quote Originally Posted by downwithpeace View Post
    I had the same issue as posted here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...able-to-log-in!

After submitting a report about it the reply email said it was changed to a bug report for the web devs.

I'm able to login (Somewhat) after changing my location in my Turbine account to Canada and then loggin in here while still logged in there, so to me the issue appears to be linked to location on my Turbine account (Ireland) and attempted forum login (Canada) not matching up.

That's if the forums allows me to post this now, it likes to kick me out.
    As said earlier if you go into myddo and update your details you will no longer have the option of Canada/usa as youir will automatically log in now

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostaccount View Post
    When I try to log in on my main account I can only click Canada and USA, please fix it to every country instead of appearing like a narcissist.
    I'd also quite like to not have to pretend I'm in North America

No account, no history, logging out at random, ugly forums. Yay

Default new forum design

gotta have to /sign:
    - nay to yellow highlight colour box and white writing (even worse with sunlight streaming in)
    - yay to "remember me" box
    - nay to 5 (15?) min-logout timer (debatable now that there forum and game use same pw)
    - yay for devtracker for all forums, not just Lama

to much of the rest, we will adapt... and yay to splitting up class threads again!

Mustard
    Last edited by Mustardseed; 05-01-2013 at 01:37 AM.
    On Argo, Mustard comes free with these toons: Mustardseed, Temmple, Dareios, Homunkulus, Omegara, Tritanium, Mincepie, Bycycle, Stoutpole -- officing in Synergia™

Playing since end of 2009 - reborn in the Great Forum Transmutation of 2013.

Community Member

Default Please, Turbine, don't let interns do the professional work

Devs/Mods: Seriously, like I said in the icon pass change (to many colours and to bright), it's a best practice to let this kind of work in professional hands.

I'm used to change, I'm a designer, and design interface and some a "bit" about user interface&user experience; and I see that the people do the interface of the forum update don't know anything about it. You only have to see the other post. Please, hire professionals to do the work.

Readers: Of course this isn't a very constructive critique, but I did it for free, hehe.

Default I regularly get this message when hitting the forums

The response from the server contained duplicate headers. This problem is generally the result of a misconfigured website or proxy. Only the website or proxy administrator can fix this issue.
    Error 350 (net::ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_LOCATION): Multiple distinct Location headers received. This is disallowed to protect against HTTP response splitting attacks.

Community Member

Day #2,

I still can't log into the forums with my regular account. "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

Try again later, they say. The words repeated so many times, they are nearly meaningless now. I feel a growing disconnect, a pulling away from the forums. Will this be the end? Only time will tell...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    As said earlier if you go into myddo and update your details you will no longer have the option of Canada/usa as youir will automatically log in now
    I'm just confirming it from the Turbine page and my thoughts on why, couldn't get onto myddo for the past two days so couldn't try that way.
    My Toons:
    DWP - Fighter/Favored Soul, Olur Takun - Something, Perddy Elfie - Artificer, Tamqil Jemhar - Ranger

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RonLH View Post
    Day #2,

I still can't log into the forums with my regular account. "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

Try again later, they say. The words repeated so many times, they are nearly meaningless now. I feel a growing disconnect, a pulling away from the forums. Will this be the end? Only time will tell...
    You need to change your country to Canada or USA... At least that worked for me... Changed from France to Canada/Québec and it worked like a charm.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Immortal Executioner & Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Was planning on adding a couple other color schemes for folks once we make sure the basics are all working
    Red on black was the best for night owls,

Is there a way to keep logged in, i use my ipad to read the forums, i bookmarked the main forum page after i signed in. But everytime i come back i have to relog in, grrrr.
    >>>>>>> NobleFist Guild <<<<<<<
    DeepCutter ~ MidnightRed ~ Cardeeo ~ Dalmore ~ TracyDragon ~ Aftershock ~ MakersMark ~Imortalwrath
    Beta player & Leader of a Founders Guild 9yrs and going

Community Member

White text on white background is unreadable. I shouldn't have to highlight a forum post just to read it. It's annoying and clearly an error in QC.

Thanks for splitting the classes backup. For the rest of it, meh. I'll adapt, but honestly I don't see an improvement other than the return of class specific forums and once again I'm disappointed that so many resources went to something for so little apparent gain.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Was planning on adding a couple other color schemes for folks once we make sure the basics are all working
    So that would be *Soon... Correct?

As predicted, the latest Turbine f*** up is now LIVE!! YEAAH!!

Also, dear Turbine.. not only you are trying to BILL ME ONE WEEK EARLIER, YOU'RE ALSO SPAMMING ME! But you know what...?

HEY LOOK!!! NO MONEY ON MY CARD BECAUSE THE BILL ISN'T DUE YET!! NEER NEER NEER!!
    Last edited by Aussir; 04-30-2013 at 08:43 AM.

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    So that would be *Soon... Correct?
    No.

Soon™

All the security!

Better continue to remove those CC's, guys.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast