Community Member

Question Healbot/battlebot FVS build?

Hi all,

I am looking for some ideas for a good FVS build. I would like to be able to put out either some good DPS or tanking abilitiy at end level game, but at the same time be a decent healer when joining groups.

I have some experience with a straight up healbot cleric but ran into problems at end game due to lack of putting out any damage with spells or otherwise.

Any ideas/suggestions would be great! I am also not sure if crossclassing is the way to go here or if a true FVS build is better.

on my main's FVS life, i went WF, 10 base CHA and levels in WIS...

spell points won't be an issue, so CHA is negligible. 10 with a +6 item and a +3 tome will allow all access to spells while freeing up AP for STR, CON and WIS.

i would recommend pure 20 FVS, though splashing with 2 monk will be a good fit and give you evasion as well as some bonuses if you fight centered. some even pop in a level or two of a class that will give you access to force enhancements to increase your BB damage, but i never had a problem.

i didn't go for max spell damage or anything like that, but i was very effective with BB hitting for around 700 - 1300 regularly... i forget how high i saw it when capped and this was before the Epic D's.

if you are used to playing casters then you know how to get the most out of AOE and then clean up mobs with a great sword...

leveling is quick nowadays, do feel free to experiment then TR into another FVS to make the changes you noticed while leveling.

gear is important so TRing your FVS a couple times may be the way to go...

Carpone's is the best melee fvs build I've seen posted, though it's pre-U17: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...58#post4832658

Sirgog's cleric build is solid too, worth looking at for ideas: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=403943

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Carpone's is the best melee fvs build I've seen posted, though it's pre-U17: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...58#post4832658

Sirgog's cleric build is solid too, worth looking at for ideas: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=403943
    I like Carpone's (it's very similar to how my melee FvS was), except I'd take Empower Healing over Empower.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

I would go with dwarf sword and board. You could bump up your intimidate to useful level and tank and do some dps and have tons of nukes.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I would go with dwarf sword and board. You could bump up your intimidate to useful level and tank and do some dps and have tons of nukes.
    Or you can go THF human and do a lot more damage.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 04-19-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Or you can go THF human and do a lot more damage.
    The most damage an FVS is going to do is with their nukes so might as well have a useful feature like tanking instead of just somewhat have you melee.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    The most damage an FVS is going to do is with their nukes so might as well have a useful feature like tanking instead of just somewhat have you melee.
    Really wrong, three times here.

(1) You're not going to be an effective tank as a FvS in the current game.
    (2) Melee can quite easily do more damage than nuking if you build towards melee.
    (3) S&B is a path to failure for most melee builds (exception being the effective tanks that can get enough doublestrike - FvS does not fall into this category).

Edit: As a corollary point, it's worth noting that the nuking from focusing more on melee is not much lower - therefore, focusing on a role you will not do effectively (tanking in this case) lowers your overall effectiveness, as it lowers your melee potential without being able to increase your nuking potential. In addition, especially being a dwarf...to make S&B worthwhile, you're spending at least two feats extra that FvS doesn't really have.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 04-19-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Really wrong, three times here.

(1) You're not going to be an effective tank as a FvS in the current game.
    (2) Melee can quite easily do more damage than nuking if you build towards melee.
    (3) S&B is a path to failure for most melee builds (exception being the effective tanks that can get enough doublestrike - FvS does not fall into this category).

Edit: As a corollary point, it's worth noting that the nuking from focusing more on melee is not much lower - therefore, focusing on a role you will not do effectively (tanking in this case) lowers your overall effectiveness, as it lowers your melee potential without being able to increase your nuking potential. In addition, especially being a dwarf...to make S&B worthwhile, you're spending at least two feats extra that FvS doesn't really have.
    I look at what is looking plausible with the new ehancements and yeah a dwarf tanking fvs seems very plausible using nukes/melee dps combination for keeping aggro. I have a dwarven FVS as a matter of fact that is inactive, but was active up until the MOTU and could tank alot of stuff prior to that time. With this enhancement pass change I feel confident could be tanking anything. FVS have plenty of feats for a build like this. Maximize, Empower, Quicken, Heighten, Shield mastery, Improved Shield Mastery, power attack/toughness, icrit slash. You go with con to weapon damage and wield an axe and use divine punishment to help maintain aggro and use intimidate liberally.

Your advice of going Human uless you like hitting a boost every 20 seconds and do not dump your wis or something seems flawed as well look at the possibility H-Orc might have with ravager which may or may not work depending on what it looks like it when it is released.