Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default TR Rogue - Gear Hit List Help

Hey folks,

I'm about to start my INT Assassination Half-Elf life and was curious if anyone could suggest me some MUST HAVE gear I should farm up before going forward.

I'm going to be focusing on Rapiers as I'm going INT not STR.

I crafted a couple of Acid Burst of Bleeding Rapiers, but any other gear/weapon suggestions I could craft or farm in the next few days would be immensely helpful.

Thanks!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belief View Post
    Hey folks,

I'm about to start my INT Assassination Half-Elf life and was curious if anyone could suggest me some MUST HAVE gear I should farm up before going forward.

I'm going to be focusing on Rapiers as I'm going INT not STR.

I crafted a couple of Acid Burst of Bleeding Rapiers, but any other gear/weapon suggestions I could craft or farm in the next few days would be immensely helpful.

Thanks!
    Soooo.. this is in no particular order, but there will be times when assassinate is not feasible, so I've taken that into account, I will list the gear and where you can obtain it, this is in no way complete and there are some suggestions:
    Also, this is non epic gear, but some of the gear can be made epic

must have before TR:

armor/jewelry/accessories
    Spectral Gloves (offering of blood) / epic doesn't seem so great anymore
    Phiarlin mirror cloak (carnival chain)
    black dragonscale armor (gianthold scales)
    rakshasa hide (lords of dust) (meh)
    Minos Legens (orchard tapestry turn-in) or a +45 hp heavy fort Greensteel helm
    Silken mail - good at low levels (chamber of raiyum)
    golden cartouche, +3 UMD, does not stack with flameward (Delera reward)
    skeleton key +7 open lock (delera reward)
    Ring from tower of despair, bonus on the set.

weapons -
    Tieflings assassin blade (tbc) - good low level blade
    Midnight greetings / epic midnight greetings (Sentintels of Stormreach)
    envenomed blade / epic envenomed blade (lords of dust)
    sun blade - lower level undead killer
    radiance rapier - greensteel crafting
    flameward (club or scepter) +5 UMD, (servants of the overlord).
    Tharne's set (Vision of Destruction), pain to acquire, might be nice to have, but not critical.

Nice to have -

- good disruption / smiting / banishing weapon(s)
    - any types of DR breaking weapon (something like Adamantine, silver, cold iron, metalline, etc.) - situationally useful, some people use a Min II greensteel weapon
    - Raven's sight set from Red Fens
    - wounding of puncturing crafted onto dual rapiers is nice
    - at low levels I also use roaring rapiers of slicing or bleeding (can't remember)
    - i also found there are a lot of useful daggers, the ancient vulkoorim dagger which is good vs. giants
    - Crystal Cove Event: Treasure Hunter's Spyglass, Bucaneer's Ring, Epic Cutthroat Smallblade, Epic Duelist's Leathers <----- pain to acquire, but the spyglass for +3 stacking UMD, +2 Exceptional Intelligence

There is so much more out there, but this is all I can think of

I'm finding that as I TR, having pre-crafted weapons (cannith crafting) is a lost cause. I end up disjuncting them, and re-crafting as I level up. What you really want are those Cannith marks for crafting (Cannith Favor) because you can drop your minimum level requirement, and give your toon a more powerful weapon at lower levels. So that's a BIG boon.

My thought is that if you are big into crafting, stock up on the appropriate soul gems for Bane weapons (I'm doing this a lot for my Pally TR). But as I said before, pre-crafting cannith stuff is sort of a waste of time. If you have a decent stash of essences, you'll just craft as you go. What you really want to look for is named items that are level appropriate, and plan out your leveling gear accordingly.

Another thought is craft some GS stuff, like radience rapiers for no-save blinding and maybe some GS smoke items. These are great for lvl 12+.

Right now you can run the Dreaming Dark quests and stock up on Ioun stones. These are great from lvl 5+ I believe.

Some of the best stuff for rogues when it comes to leveleing - as far as I've seen - comes from the Crystal Cove event: the Treasure Hunter's Spyglass, the Cutthroat's Small Blade, and the Dualist's Leathers (a.k.a. Rogue Unitard). You can make these for the various levels you're going to go into, and plan gear layouts accordingly. Unfortunately, the most recent CC event has passed.

I think a lot depends on whether you want to have decent trapping skills as an Assassin, or whether you'd rather let someone else handle that. Mainly because many rogue builds rely heavily on gear for trapping.

I've made sure I keep around the Rakshasa's Hide, the Snakeskin vest, and you also may want to shoot for the Black Dragonscale armor. What I'd definately farm for is a pair of Envenomned Blades. Having two of those will take you from (I think) level 16 all the way up to epic. Dual-wielding those is like fighting without taking any damage if you use them right.

As another post mentioned, decent disruptors, maybe a vorpal weapon set, smiter set, and so on. Stuff you need but can't craft easily (or at all).