Default The end of multiclass rogues?

I cannot see how any rogue would not want additional sneak attack damage, so taking some assassin enhancements seems necessary.

you don't get sneak attack if you have aggro, and i cannot imagine any rogue build on live that does not include melee threat reduction.

self-healing for rogues depends on using heal scrolls, which at high level only heal enough if you take wand and scroll mastery.

These three are in three separate trees. so, essentially, why multiclass?

I love playing my assassin/ninja spy build on live. I was excited to unlock drow racial tempest enhancements for him. But i cannot have even close to what i currently have with these critical enhancements spread out among the three trees. If the most basic (IMO) and important rogue abilities require all three trees, the rogue multiclasses seem to me to be dead. I hope a dev reads this or my rogue enhancement survey response and reconsiders the way this is set up.

If you agree, or respectfully disagree, please comment. I am pretty bummed that one of my favorite toons to play seems like he will be totally borked with this new system.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    I cannot see how any rogue would not want additional sneak attack damage, so taking some assassin enhancements seems necessary.

you don't get sneak attack if you have aggro, and i cannot imagine any rogue build on live that does not include melee threat reduction.

self-healing for rogues depends on using heal scrolls, which at high level only heal enough if you take wand and scroll mastery.

These three are in three separate trees. so, essentially, why multiclass?

I love playing my assassin/ninja spy build on live. I was excited to unlock drow racial tempest enhancements for him. But i cannot have even close to what i currently have with these critical enhancements spread out among the three trees. If the most basic (IMO) and important rogue abilities require all three trees, the rogue multiclasses seem to me to be dead. I hope a dev reads this or my rogue enhancement survey response and reconsiders the way this is set up.

If you agree, or respectfully disagree, please comment. I am pretty bummed that one of my favorite toons to play seems like he will be totally borked with this new system.
    13 Rogue/7 Arti is currently a popular Build on live
    In fact there's literally Hundreds if not thousands of Multiclassed Rogues on live.
    I need a Trapper for a quest {say HiPS} and lock down the Who list to 10-12 for BB and what do I see?
    NOT ONE SINGLE PURE ROGUE!

Sneak Attack isn't everything!
    It's nice and all {and yes there is the peer pressure that Assassin is the ONLY possible Rogue Prestige and if you go Mech or Acrobat you're a gimp!} BUT the sheer LACK of pure rogues on live should tell you that your hypothesis is completely wrong.

Frankly I'd be happier if we did have more Pure Rogues around {When I'm levelling on my Divines certain quests virtually require a Trapper and you don't know what you're going to get with a Multiclass.

BUT I will be incredibly annoyed if I'm shoe-horned into certain builds when the enhancements come out.

I have 3 Acrobats:
    http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/sarlona/Athiina/
    http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/cannith/Yaark/
    http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/cannith/Lieucille/
    And one Mech currently:
    http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/cannith/Sylveria/

Sylveria always had the 2 Fighter Levels - I took the Arti Levels at 18/19 and 20.
    Yaark and Lieucille are PURE!
    Athiina is going 16/2/2 this life - Probably will TR upon hitting 20 though.

I'll say again that ANY Shoe-Horning will leave me extremely annoyed!

ESPECIALLY if that Shoe-Horning is into Assassin!

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    I have 3 Acrobats
    just for that
    Character Compendium

I'm not saying there arent rogue multiclass on live, I am saying this new system screws them.

I'm not saying there arent rogue multiclass on live, I am saying this new system screws them.
    Your words:

So:

Are Rogues losing their 1d6 Sneak Attack Dmg From Lvls 1,3,5,7,9 etc.?

I personally have trouble finding room for Melee threat reduction enhancements tbh - Yes I do want them for my Acrobats!
    BUT
    Rogue Mech repeater Builds DO NOT NEED Melee threat reduction! {Ranged threat reduction would be appreciated though!}

Any push from the Devs to further make Assassin the ONLY Acceptable Rogue Prestige line in the minds of the Players will be met with resistance from me!
    I loathe Assassin! {The main reason being that for the 3 years I've been playing it's been a case of "What you're not an assassin? Re-roll gimp!"}.

This same attitude from the players KILLED KotC btw.
    And when the Devs Buffed up Defender of Siberys KotC was dropped by the elitists and has barely been mentioned since other than to ask for it to be buffed.

ALL Prestiges should be equal!
    If one is over-powered compared to the other two then it should be dialed back OR the other two should be buffed!
    DOING BOTH OF THESE THINGS HOWEVER IS NOT THE WAY TO GO ABOUT IT DEVS!
    Nerfing KotC by adding House Cannith {no Evil outsiders - to my mind this absolutely needed to be done btw} which frankly wasn't really a nerf in the first place but was still seen as one.
    AT ALMOST THE SAME TIME as Buffing up Defender of Siberys.
    Moved KotC from Must take to No-one takes!

I'm NOT asking for Assassin to receive the same.
    I'm NOT asking for Assassin to be Nerfed into Oblivion!
    I'm only asking that Acrobat and Mechanic are boosted to the point where newbies aren't told to re-roll because they're NOT ASSASSINS!

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Yes, Most rogues will want some assassin enhancements.
    Completely unnecessary. I've been able to effectively manage aggro for 7+ years without ever taking threat reduction enhancements.
    Run with hate tanks. or simply learn to let others attack first. Its not that hard.

again, not really necessary. there is plenty of healing amplification available to make scroll healing effective.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Yes, Most rogues will want some assassin enhancements.

Completely unnecessary. I've been able to effectively manage aggro for 7+ years without ever taking threat reduction enhancements.
    Run with hate tanks. or simply learn to let others attack first. Its not that hard.

again, not really necessary. there is plenty of healing amplification available to make scroll healing effective.
    run with hate tanks? when? i run with whoever is in the party.

threat reduction is pretty important on long fights, against bosses. i regularly take aggro of raid bosses when i am in pug groups even with threat reduction, due to dps.

so now rogues need heal amp gear instead of needing scroll mastery. either way you need one or the other. making scroll mastery less available is therefore still a nerf

Community Member

From what I have seen multiclassing should still be quite doable. Personally thinking something along the lines of acrobat / monk or ranger6/rogue14 should still be quite good.

Threat reduction is only really needed against some raid bosses.