Community Member

Default Maybe the dumbest monk split question ever

I'm thinking of building an 18/2 Pally/Monk. Will evasion still work if I wear light armor? Or is monk evasion only working when centered (so robes only)?

Default http://ddowiki.com/page/Evasion

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    I'm thinking of building an 18/2 Pally/Monk. Will evasion still work if I wear light armor? Or is monk evasion only working when centered (so robes only)?
    If you look up the feat, you will see the requirements for evasion. Light armor does not restrict it.

It will uncenter you, however, which means you will not be able to take advantage of any stances, use ki strikes, use flurry of blows, etc.

That said, you can always switch to robe and take advantage of all those things as well as superior dodge (25% dodge cap) while sacrificing PRR.

Evasion paladins are quite common with monk splits since they are a feat-starved class, so your idea is a tried and true one.

Happy hunting.
    Character Compendium

Community Member

Thanks for the info. Was asking as I wasn't planning on using monk for anything but evasion and the feats. As long as evasion works uncentered I was planning on playing like a regular Pally, only with evasion.