Community Member

Default Sorcerers nerfs and bugs: details inside.

EDIT: Asking everyone to comment to this post and sorcerers in general HERE.

I'm really really disappointed.

Let's go to the facts:

On Lamannia, every point spent in the savant tree grants you 0.75 (why not 1? weird things) Spell power. I have spent:

56 points in the Air savant tree
    17 Water savant
    ----------------------------------
    73*0.75 =
    --------------------
    54 UNIVERSAL SPELL POWER

This may not sound TOO TOO TOO bad, BUT look at what I had to give up to get those 17 points in the Water tree:

Improved Recovery II
    Greater Consitution Adaptability
    Efficient Maximize II
    Wand and Scroll Mastery II
    -25% Spell critical damage HUGE

This is what I have thou:

Action Boost: Spellpower +20, yey another clickie to use, awesome
    Electrocution: +3 Spell power on Hit, stacking 10 times, lasting 6 seconds (such a short duration)
    Conduction: 2% more damage on Critical Hit, stacking 10 times, lasting 6 seconds

Now, if I wanted to make it like on live, without WScroll Mastery II because it's obviously missing, I'd get this:

56 Point in the Air tree
    7 Water
    -------------------------------
    63*0.75
    ----------------------------------
    47 USP

Less Spell power.
    -1 Charisma

Now, let's count Spellcraft, and let's use some not-realistic numbers:

12 Base Int
    +4 Tome
    +8 Item
    +2 Insightful
    +1 Exceptional
    --------------------
    27 Int (+8 Mod)

Spellcraft skill:

23 Ranks (I hope it's bugged on Lama, it's not a class skill for Sorcs) + 5 Epic levels + 8 Int + 4 GH + 2 Good luck + 1 ship buff = +43 Spellcraft bonus

So, to summarize, a quick comparison of Lama and live now:

Lama:

1° set up: 54 Universal Spell power + 43 Spell craft = 97 Spell power, 8% crit chance, 100% crit damage
    2° set up: 47 Universal Spell power + 43 Spell craft = 90 Spell power, 8% crit chance, 100% crit damage

Live:

100 Spell power from enhancement, 9% crit chance, 125% crit damage.

We are losing:

10 Spell power if we invest every point in Int
    1% crit chance
    25% crit damage

The last one is a HUGE nerf and there is no way at the moment, with the enhancement, to make up for it.

Damage tests:

On live, on hit with Lightning bolt, non crit is 500~ dmg.
    On lama: ~300

On crit:

Live with lighting bolt: 1.2k+
    Lama: 600~680

On hit with Chain lightning:

Live: 850~
    Lama: ~600

On crit:

Live: 2300~
    Lama: ~1200

As you can see, the damage Sorcerers will be doing will be MUCH MUCH LESS than on Live. What should immediately be fixed is the -25% Spell crit damage. As you can see, I'm doing 1k less damage on my crits.

BUGS (that will also bug reported):

There is also something very very bugged at the moment: I tried to get the same spell power of live, and damage was always ~300 on hit on lightning bolt. May be Spellcraft bugged or something else, I don't know but it is really hurting.

Conduction: Does nothing.
    Last edited by Tid12; 04-18-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    So, to summarize, a quick comparison of Lama and live now:

Lama:

1° set up: 54 Universal Spell power + 43 Spell craft = 97 Spell power, 8% crit chance, 100% crit damage
    2° set up: 47 Universal Spell power + 43 Spell craft = 90 Spell power, 8% crit chance, 100% crit damage

Live:

100 Spell power from enhancement, 9% crit chance, 125% crit damage.
    Well, it's not how it shoudl work. While I think that new system is clunky and kinda spread out, you should have much more crit chance now.

Magical training (feat every caster starts with) now should grant 5% spell crit chance. Also, each mental thougness feat you take should give another 1% crit chance. So, savant should have between 13 and 16% crit chance in their chosen element. It should compensate for lost crit damage.

Also, you seem to have forgoten that savant core abilites give additional 30 spellpower in your chosen element (at cost of -30 spellpower in oposing element). That would push spellpower a bit higher than live.

Bug report anything that doesn't match that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by budalic View Post
    Well, it's not how it shoudl work. While I think that new system is clunky and kinda spread out, you should have much more crit chance now.

Magical training (feat every caster starts with) now should grant 5% spell crit chance. Also, each mental thougness feat you take should give another 1% crit chance. So, savant should have between 13 and 16% crit chance in their chosen element. It should compensate for lost crit damage.

Also, you seem to have forgoten that savant core abilites give additional 30 spellpower in your chosen element (at cost of -30 spellpower in oposing element). That would push spellpower a bit higher than live.

Bug report anything that doesn't match that.
    Admittedly, I haven't checked the Magical training feat. If so, savants will have 13% crit chance, 4% over live. Not bad. However, it does in no absolutely way compensate for the lost crit damage. Have you seen the numbers of my crit on lama? I'm doing 1k less damage on every crit. It's a huge nerf.

But yeah, there is something wrong as said. Same spell power on lama as live still resulted in the numbers above.

Community Member

Admittedly, I haven't checked the Magical training feat. If so, savants will have 13% crit chance, 4% over live. Not bad. However, it does in no absolutely way compensate for the lost crit damage. Have you seen the numbers of my crit on lama? I'm doing 1k less damage on every crit. It's a huge nerf.

But yeah, there is something wrong as said. Same spell power on lama as live still resulted in the numbers above.
    Yeah, I think those numbers are severely bugged in some way. Losing 0.25 crit damage multiplier shouldn't cause damage drop of that magnitude.

Community Member

Electrocution: +3 Spell power on Hit, stacking 10 times, lasting 6 seconds (such a short duration)
    Conduction: 2% more damage on Critical Hit, stacking 10 times, lasting 6 seconds
    To be fair, those will most likely be ticking down one by one, meaing you'll always have 10 stacks of each in boss fights at least. It may be a slight nerf in short encounters, but the increased crit chance should make up for that, leaving you with a slight plus in sustained fights actually.
    Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Community Member

Asking everyone to comment to this post and sorcerers in general HERE.

Community Member

10 Spell power if we invest every point in Int
    1% crit chance
    25% crit damage
    You are actually gaining 4% crit chance, since all spells have a base 5% now.
    You are also ignoring the 30 elemental spell power that you get from the Sorcerer Core Class Ability line.

But yea... the lack of spell critical damage is a big deal.
    Last edited by RedHost; 04-18-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Community Member

Asking everyone to comment to this post and sorcerers in general HERE.
    Here RedHost please.

But yeah, that crit damage looks really bad.