Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

"Keep this information secure"

LOL!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Want to know how to remove your credit card info? Here's How.

Or call: 1-855-WBGAMES
    I'd say to tell em Mem sent you - but that would probably confuse the issue somewhat.
    As sadly Turbine seem to give a d**n about our security concerns, it is probably the only way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    Turbine is doing what Bugs Bunny tells them. Direct your hate properly.

As far as i can tell, the Turbine people are passionate about their game but are powerless to defy their corporate overlord.

You're not even identifying your enemy properly, hence, you have no chance in defeating it.
    I conquer as I have the impression they probably didn't even try as it isn't even technically complicated to provide e.g. an authenticator, especially with such API now streamlined by companies like Google or Microsoft. It seems more to me they prefer to ditch stuff and close there eyes. Heck look even on this crappy clone N*winter that seem to have web access to the character like previously MyDDO.

I mean, its not like we didn't had things like the offer wall or other things happened before...

What irks me most isn't the fact that they go through with it, but that they didn't even tried to address the concerns nor communicated any statement that would give an impression that they even care about security.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Anyone else find it amusing that the word "Upgrade" was used and yet there's not been a single post in this thread so far in support of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gphysalis View Post
    Average man learns from his mistakes
    Foolish man does not learn from his mistakes
    Wise man learns from other's mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    "Keep this information secure"

LOL!
    I will if they will.

...wait.

I will if they will.

...wait.

This was me when they guy told me that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    What irks me most isn't the fact that they go through with it, but that they didn't even tried to address the concerns nor communicated any statement that would give an impression that they even care about security.

Yep, I mean really this is what sealed the deal for me...

They are simply ignoring their customers concerns... They don't even think enough of them to say "Hey we understand your concerns but we have in palce new and or more robust security features blah blah blah" Whether that true or not you would think they would at least say it...
    Although, it's not out of the ordinairy considering....
    Not that Jerry (Cordovan) could just say someting on his own authority, but his time is now split between these forums and the LOTRO forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel666 View Post
    Anyone else find it amusing that the word "Upgrade" was used and yet there's not been a single post in this thread so far in support of it?
    Well, it is surely an upgrade as according to Vbulletin : Security Vulnerabilities the last critical flaw, scoring 10 out of 10 was August last year
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Not sure if you guys noticed amidst all the "DOOM" saying....

But it looks like the API will be staying around, which is a pretty big win for the community. Maybe Memnir can be happy about that.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Yep. This did it for me. I was content to play with bugs and lag. I mean I started my "online" experience with a 300 baud modem for crying out loud, so lag means very little to me. (not that it happened that often anyways XD)
    But this, this... I'm struggling to find words that don't contain profanity to describe what WB/Turbine is doing with the forums. Needless to say, I'm sad to leave a game that I've had fun playing for the past 3 1/2 years. But I guess I can send my money somewhere else now, because I sure as hell am not going to trust these jugheads with my credit card info. I might still drop in and play now and again (I'm paid up until june iirc) but you can bet your last dollar that turbine won't be getting one red cent from me anymore.

On the other hand, if by some miracle, they come forward and apologize for being insane bone heads for linking account info to the forums and have a solid plan on how they will be securing our information... Well, I might come back.

Good luck to all those that decide to keep their information in Turbine's slippery hands. You'll need it.

* wow! I did it! no out right profanity. I'm going to reward myself with a cookie.

* one more wow moment. Called support and it only took 13 minutes and 45 seconds to remove my information. Well, 12 minutes or so of that was me on hold, but still not bad. See! I can post positive things too!
    Last edited by MalkavianX; 04-18-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Smile

Wait - you are keeping the api open after all?

That is awesome news!

Yay!

2016 DDO Players Council Ziindarax's Avatar

Turbine does give us the option to delete forum accounts... I am wondering if, after the changes, we can delete our forum accounts, and thus not have a forum account at all?

Edit - I think they said the API would remain up until the 24th... What does the API do exactly?
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

The Hatchery

I bill through Steam so I don't give a damn. But I am annoyed that Turbine has remained silent on people's concerns.

So, when people say "account and CC info are linked," do they mean "if I log in at some location my CC number is plainly visible?" Because, usually, they only show the last four numbers (e.g. ************8888 or "a card with last four numbers 8888"). At least that's how Amazon and Steam do it, I imagine most other places too.

Is there really some location where your CC info can be found, in plain text?

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    Edit - I think they said the API would remain up until the 24th... What does the API do exactly?
    Allows external programs to pull data from the game servers.

Community Member HelvanderSeries6's Avatar
    Hiding from A Living Harm Spell in the Sub-T

So I cant access Lamannia, and now the forums will be down for maintenance for 5 days. So now I have zero access to enhancements alpha?

Poor timing or conspiracy.. hmm..
    Wits and swords are as straws against the wisdom of the Darkness___Conan the Cimmerian
    Gnomes taste like mushrooms...jus say'n
    Order of the Stick http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Is there really some location where your CC info can be found, in plain text?
    This is Turbine. How trusting are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Maybe Memnir can be happy about that.
    A lot of things make me happy around here. A lot of things don't.

Your current fascination with me and my happy levels is one of those two... I'll let you decide which it is, Cold.

A lot of things make me happy around here. A lot of things don't.

Your current fascination with me and my happy levels is one of those two... I'll let you decide which it is, Cold.
    I think I detect something....
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Are you guys all are serious? Yeah they link info, so what 90% of games act this way, there was lotr branch but did you heard anyone lost 1$? Hackers are smart not stupid they mostly hack things becouse they can or for fun or test themself, they know the moment they steal one dollar police start to investigate things and police have hackers too, traind for years, most of cool kids that do hacks know that if they accualy woud use info that they get will get full armed squad knockin to door next day. And ofc info in database is not plain text it takes a lot of effort to decrypt a single word. So im not cancaling anything im pretty sure my money is safe, and if i woud be paranoid i woud just open online virtual card and send there money for tp..
    Godscraft / Godcraft / Millusia / Judet / Vvi - Orien

Proud memeber of The Matrix

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by wey4lust View Post
    Are you guys all are serious? Yeah they link info, so what 90% of games act this way, there was lotr branch but did you heard anyone lost 1$? Hackers are smart not stupid they mostly hack things becouse they can or for fun or test themself, they know the moment they steal one dollar police start to investigate things and police have hackers too, traind for years, most of cool kids that do hacks know that if they accualy woud use info that they get will get full armed squad knockin to door next day. And ofc info in database is not plain text it takes a lot of effort to decrypt a single word. So im not cancaling anything im pretty sure my money is safe, and if i woud be paranoid i woud just open online virtual card and send there money for tp..
    It's Turbine, with Offerwall and LOTRO breach we're talking about. I'm happy for you that you are feeling safe, but in my world that's called baseless optimism, due to Turbine's prior history.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    This is Turbine. How trusting are you?
    I'm just saying, where is it possible to see CC info with your log-in details?

Quote Originally Posted by wey4lust View Post
    I have a feeling you have no clue what you're saying.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast