Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Forum Upgrade April 19th – 25th

This month we are updating the DDO website and forums. As part of this effort, the forums will undergo maintenance between April 19th – April 25th 2013 to prepare for migration to the upgraded DDO forum. Please note the following:

• During our work several sub-forums will be read-only as we prepare the existing forum content to be migrated into the new site.
    • The following forums will remain open to allow players to communicate during the maintenance - NOTE: Threads, Posts, and PMs made after 9:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) Friday April 19th will not migrate to the new forum. Threads, posts & PMs made prior to April 19th will be migrated:
    • MyDDO will be available during the migration maintenance. Players may continue to export their existing blogs during the maintenance (for a guide on how to export your blog, click here). MyDDO, Leaderboards, and the Compendium will be unavailable after April 24th.
      • The existing API will continue to operate after April 24th, though there may be periodic interruptions of service.
    • For more information about MyDDO and the Compendium, please refer to our existing announcement.
    • LAMANNIA PARTICIPANTS:
      • We will continue to run our preview of Enhancements Alpha. Please be sure to follow the instructions of our Lamannia Coordinators for the latest surveys and feedback/bug reporting topics.
      • Coordinators will continue to post instructions and updates in the Lamannia Announcements section, but we encourage you to focus any feedback/bug reports to our survey and bug reporting tools as no posts occurring between April 19th-25th will migrate to the new forums.

Thanks for your patience while we work on the DDO Forums & website updates!

sigh you're actually going thru with this idea that puts all our cc information at risk, well I removed my card info already and as an fyi I'm too lazy to buy a pre paid card to pay you so while I'll still play you just lost a paying customer to this foolishness and I seriously doubt I'm the only one.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Any news on the security side of things? Many of us are very concerned about this change to log in.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Seems to me after reading the forum that these changes are running 8/2 aginst. I guess that means we get it wheather we like it or not. I will be closeing my forum account due to issues regarding the safety of my personel info.

Community Member

So you don't want to listen to your users and completely shoot yourself in the foot? I guess it's time to have my cc info taken off my account which means no more turbine points or monthly fees :/ I can't play the classes/races I want without vip and that means I'll probably be quitting.

Sigh

Please rethink this

Tolero or any other turbine employee reading this. Why is this going through? What is so important that is being added that you need to put the financial security of your users at risk?

The answer is nothing.

Even if there is no risk, which there is, the perceived risk is enough to make you lose a lot of customers and if anything does happen (and people will do it just to prove a point) you might as well start sending out resumes.

It is infuriating that you even put us in this position in the first place. Leave the forums alone. Let us play in peace.
    Last edited by TheStog; 04-18-2013 at 11:15 AM.

/sigh

This is a bad thing to go forward on. It is, in fact, blisteringly asinine. However, since the wishes and regards towards your playing populace means nothing - so be it. It seems to be willfully ignorant of the problems that this very issue created a while back with the LotRO boards. Ya know... the one that made the older fancier home-page an impossibility (or so you said at the time). Perhaps it's time to change up the company motto to being powered by ignorant fans.

We have been given a grand total of zero assurances that the problems were corrected - and that our financial security is a priority to Turbine.

Time to take the "Remove The CC from Turbine's Records" off the back-burner and move it up to DO NOW.

I see these changes going very well for Turbine. I, in no way shape or form, expect dozens upon dozens of threads from players expressing their displeasure on the 26th. Like all things that cause a huge majority of the community to have legit gripes about, I don't see this as being one of them. This can only help business. This can only help the community feel more connected to the company; further enforcing the idea that Turbine actually listens & respects the opinions of the community.

^ Too much sarcasm?

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

I would appreciate some post regarding the account security. I'm not that concerned really, but I know it would help put a lot of people at ease.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    blisteringly asinine
    +1 for this salient combination of words.

This announcement is noticeably lacking the assurances about security issues that should have also been included in the announcement. To not include answers to security related questions is to look completely oblivious to player concerns while pushing a potentially dangerous system forward. How is this a positive thing for Turbine in any way shape or form? How is this a positive thing for players?

The best information contained in this announcement is a deadline for removing as much personal information as you can from your account.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Want to know how to remove your credit card info? Here's How.

Or call: 1-855-WBGAMES
    I'd say to tell em Mem sent you - but that would probably confuse the issue somewhat.

The very fact that they have ignored all Threads up to this point that have brought up the players concerns for their account security, means IMHO that they really don't care about our concerns, and that we are getting this change whether we like it or not.
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

I'd say to tell em Mem sent you - but that would probably confuse the issue somewhat.
    Thank you Mem, hubby and I will be doing this, this morning.
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    sigh you're actually going thru with this idea that puts all our cc information at risk, well I removed my card info already and as an fyi I'm too lazy to buy a pre paid card to pay you so while I'll still play you just lost a paying customer to this foolishness and I seriously doubt I'm the only one.
    /signed
    And they have not ever posted anything EVEN trying to reassure all us paranoid People.

I ran out of tinfoil during the last olympics...
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Thanks Mem. I was scrounging around looking for that phone number. No more VIP for me

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The very fact that they have ignored all Threads up to this point that have brought up the players concerns for their account security, means IMHO that they really don't care about our concerns, and that we are getting this change whether we like it or not.
    The silence is not surprising, it's not like Turbine has a great track record for addressing customer concerns
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

YourDDO Creator
    2015 DDO Players Council

I too am concerned about the account security... I will be calling to have my CC info removed... Does anyone know if Turbine has an international number to call, or am I just stuck paying ,89€ per minute to be on hold?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    • The existing API will continue to operate after April 24th, though there may be periodic interruptions of service.
    And on a side note, thank you Turbine for not totally killing the API. I sincerely hope that if you do still plan to nix it that there's something else in the works to replace (not going to hold my breath, though).

Greensteel Planner, ToD Ring Planner, Server Status, Monster Manual Reference
    I was a Mournlander
    Silas_O'Reilly is now known as Ague in the forums!!

Community Member

Thanks Mem. Ticket submitted.
    Quote Originally Posted by gphysalis View Post
    Average man learns from his mistakes
    Foolish man does not learn from his mistakes
    Wise man learns from other's mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Silas_O'Reilly View Post
    I too am concerned about the account security... I will be calling to have my CC info removed... Does anyone know if Turbine has an international number to call, or am I just stuck paying ,89€ per minute to be on hold?

And on a side note, thank you Turbine for not totally killing the API. I sincerely hope that if you do still plan to nix it that there's something else in the works to replace (not going to hold my breath, though).
    I used the online ticket system to do it, unfortunately that took about a week so you may be out of time for that method depending on your level of concern.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast