Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Bart_D View Post
    Top DCs and Shiradi nuking at the same time, am I missing any alternatives?
    Max DCs for a Wizard and Shiradi Champion are mutually exclusive.
    Kobeyashi | Hamada | Ying

Default Forcing Choices

what if we don't want to be Pale Masters or Arch Mage? Some of us was happy with the choices that were available. Now you cannot have as much freedom to your character. If this keeps up it may turn out looking like WOW you are force feed what your character can do.

Default Animate Ally is Not Working Properly

I haven't read through all the posts here so I don't know if someone's already brought this up, but the Animate Ally ability for Pale Masters is not working as it says it would. When I use it on my Onyx Panther, it goes back to full health and that's the end of the story. The enhancement says that the panther would become a zombie and suffer ill effects until death, but it just seems to work as some sort of True Resurrection or something like that to me. I haven't used it in the past few weeks, but I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware.

Thank you!

Bug on Live Servers: The additional PRR granted by the Eldritch Knight Improved Shield SLA is not affected by Extend. It would be nice if this fix find's its way into the next Update.

This is an issue I've had on the live servers (Still downloading Lamannia): Eldritch Knight armor and shield proficiency enhancements don't count for feats. Reincarnating my wizard and adding in the Light and Medium armor proficiencies does not allow for me to take Heavy Armor proficiency, and I also don't have any of the various shield feats that require shield proficiency to function, even with the shield proficiency enhancement.

Community Member

Default Archmage Cores Desperately Need Updating

The cores of the archmage tree are lacking usefulness.

The 5 cores are useless, they provide no additional spell points, spell power, only spells that we already have. There are no spell power enchaments in the tree but one. Which you can also get from a racial tree (10 universal spell power), not to mention that is incredibly low. AP points way too high to specialize in it. The archmage trees provides little to no support in spell power, except that each point grants 1 universal spell power. Given that you have only one enchancment that provides 10 additional spell power. It makes a wizard lack power without gear.

The final cores of both trees are terrible to be honest.
    Master of magic:
    +5 spell craft
    -1 sp to all metamagic feats
    +2 intelligence.

Master of death
    +2 intelligence
    Deathblock (when undead)???
    +10 negative healing amp.

This is definetly not enough.

For master of magic, add in dcs for the selected school, +50 spell critical amplifcation damage, remove spellcraft, add in proper spell power.
    For master of death, add in dc for necromancy, remove deathblock, and perhaps add a additional more temporary powerful form that boosts your abilities.

For the five other cores in archmage, remove the SLA, add in one of the following: Dc, spell power, spellcrit, spell critical amplifcation damage.

For example,
    First core:
    You gain 5 univiersal spell power, and 2% crit

Second core:
    You gain +2 dc to your selected school, and 10 univiersal spell power

Third core:
    You gain 2% crit chance and 15 universal spell power

Fourth core:
    You gain +2 dc to your selected school, and 2% crit chance

Fifth core:
    You gain 2% spell crit chance, and 20 univiersal spell power.

As for the Pale Master Tree, the cores are fine, but the tree does not provide enough support in necromancy, specifically, the tier four and five enhancments, however if you fix the archmage tree and palemaster last core, wizards can make that loss up. Other than that, I would suggest adding a T4 for negative spell power, and possibly a interesting T5 in the palemaster tree.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Edited part:
    Ok, I just did some even more research, and I found out that the racial T4 dragon born tree gives 3 evocation dc for 3 AP points.
    This is a joke, you give more dc in racial trees than in the palemaster tree? Wizards get 1 necromancy dc for 2 AP in T5? Not to mention, level requirements, and the fact that the wizard should be one of the strongest classes in dc? This needs to change..

Even more research, deep gnome T3 enchancement, +5/10/20 spellcraft, while wizards only get +5 spell craft in last core, -1sp per metamagic, +2 intel. Do you see how by even comparing other trees you can definetley tell wizards are becoming a weak class. I've waited over a year for updates for wizards, please fix it.

Thanks for reading once again.
    Last edited by Yassin; 08-06-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Holy thread necro, batman!

Wizards are one of the strongest DC classes (although it doesn't matter that much, because pretty much any class can get top-tier DC's if they really want to).

If all you're looking at is a couple of enhancements, you haven't even begun to scratch the surface of DC calculations in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post

Wizards are one of the strongest DC classes (although it doesn't matter that much, because pretty much any class can get top-tier DC's if they really want to).

If all you're looking at is a couple of enhancements, you haven't even begun to scratch the surface of DC calculations in this game.
    The wizard's trees aren't really good. Doesnt mean that wizards arent good, just that their trees are mediocre.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post

Nobody watches DC anymore its all Marvel now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345