Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default The Official Sorcerer Enhancements Discussion Thread!

Sorcerer Enhancements are currently available on Lamannia.

Please share your thoughts on the Sorcerer Enhancement Trees!
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 07-10-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Worth adding this known issue to the login messages while I go and reroll my tester sorc?

EDIT: Em, splashing 1 level of Barb hasn't fixed it, but does let me choose from 3 invalid paths. Will try again with one of the other classes that has their new enhancement available.

Out of curiosity, what build are you seeing all 4 savant options on at the moment, Squeak?
    Last edited by Deadlock; 04-18-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Community Member

I'm not seeing any trees yet on my sorcerer.

Community Member

I'm able to see all the trees, including water savant on my pure sorcerer.. :|

Anyway, quick description text issue that needs fixing

I believe it is actually working as it should though, seeing as I correctly receive +10 electric resist and -10 acid resist. I'm not sure how to tell if the caster level stuff is right though.

Back to fiddling.

Default Air Savant Tree

I have posted a transcription of the Air Savant tree here:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post4990878

Default Sorcerer Design Bugs

There are some issues with the sorcerer enhancements.

1) Sorcs no longer get access to Wand & Scroll mastery. This weakens non-War Forged sorcerers self-healing (which is already notably worse).

2) You get the Air Savant / Earth Savant / Fire Savant / Water Savant first core ability for free in all trees. But these completely cancel each other out (as the bonus from air savant is equal to the penalty in earth savant, and so on), unless you completely remove that tree.

3) Air Savant adds numerous bonuses sonic spells. However, Air Savants can't even cross-train Perform for the +1 sonic spell power (as compared to say, spellcraft). Not a big issues, since sorc sonic spells aren't very good anyway.

4) Spell craft is an int based skill. This has the odd impact of meaning wizards can get a higher elemental spell power than a sorcerer can.

5) Resetting a tree while have spend points in another tree (that you haven't hit accept on yet) screws up the user interface. The unconfirmed enhancements become greyed out, and can no longer b modified. Closing the enhancement window completely fixes it.

CL boosts don't seem to indicate a boost to the CL of "air" spells as opposed to "electric" spells. For savants, this would include things like Stoneskin, Flesh to Stone, etc.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    CL boosts don't seem to indicate a boost to the CL of "air" spells as opposed to "electric" spells. For savants, this would include things like Stoneskin, Flesh to Stone, etc.
    Hm, all the caster level adjustments on mine say "Electric, Sonic, and Air".

Spell craft needs to be altered to work with Cha as well as Int. As it stands currently a Wizard can get a higher elemental spell power than a savant which is seriously unfair and unbalanced. I'm doing half the dps I do on Live on the lamanian build.

SPell power and spell crit multipliers need to go up significantly on the Elemental Savants. Also spells should be uncapped, whats the point of being able to cast a spell at level 37-40 if the dice is still capped at level 15.

Right now it seems more fun and viable to go Wizard Pale master. You get spell versatility, DCs, Spell Pen, Spell Power near that or greater than an elemental sorc, self healing and better forms than Savants get. This is seriously broken, unbalanced, and unfair to sorcs. .
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Default Sorcerer Spell Power is incorrect

I spent all 80 points in Air & Fire trees. They both posses the passive: gain 0.75 universal spell power per point in these trees. My positive, negative, and repair schools are only at 45 spell power, however. I should have 60 universal spell power, not 45.

The others are effected by 23 ranks in spell craft moving them to the 68, and acid / electric / fire are altered by my enhancement choices.

Sent a bug report with an image.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    There are some issues with the sorcerer enhancements.

1) Sorcs no longer get access to Wand & Scroll mastery. This weakens non-War Forged sorcerers self-healing (which is already notably worse).

Frankly I always thought it odd that sorcerers had access to this enhancement in the first place. Isn't their power supposed to be primarily innate, while the wizards are the scholars?

Are they changing how spellpower works with this pass as well? Otherwise, it seems that Sorcs are losing quite a bit of damage potential.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Frankly I always thought it odd that sorcerers had access to this enhancement in the first place. Isn't their power supposed to be primarily innate, while the wizards are the scholars?
    I get that from a flavor and logic standpoint. Though, then, how do warforged sorcerers exist, ? They don't seem overly likely to have a magical blood line. The point here though, was that it weakens an already weaker version of sorcerer.

Default Design Question

Why is it that Sorcerers now have lower spell power than either druids or wizards? Druid's get +1 usp per point in herald verses only 0.75 for sorcerers. Wizards at lest get their casting attribute to modify it. In either case, they both end up about ~20 spell power ahead. This is odd given that the sorc capstone no longer even adds +20 spell power. Sorcerers are going from being the highest spell power to the lowest (excluding divines, who have their own issues atm).

What I thought about the Sorcerer new enhancements, It sucks.

Taking away spell pen option, only +1 instead of the old +3. (maybe +2 if they allow you to get from two different savants)
    No scroll and wand enhancements making any none WF build weaker
    Really boring in all trees are just a crabin copy, nothing really new.

Lot of these new trees seem to box you in more and more to certain play style. They lessening options if you a Sorcerer not making letting the player decide how to play there toon.

I hate the new way Spell power goes up the more you spend in the tree gives you Spell power. Really hate this, Yes you get more for you off branches then live, but I still hate the way it works. I use to be able to buy 100 spell power in my main school. Now spending points in none Sorcerer enhancements takes from you total Spell power. I really hate this, it sucks it feels like just taking more ane more chooses from the player. I doubt I can get the same I have on live really easy since my my toon will not copy over it hard to test. Yes I might get more in schools I did not choose to spend in before, but who cares I don't carry them spells I am a Sorcerer I dont get to carry any spells I want.

What I see of the changes makes me sick. Why are you changing things no one was not happy with.

Another change I hate, no way to add to crit damage %. So the new way doubling or 100% damage on crit. Is 25% nerf to your crit damage.
    Live I can get 125% on this test server only 100%. Crit % does get improved from live to test though. 13% on test 9% on live. So I guess live with this.

Why do you believe Temporary spell points the only way you can give peeps spell points back. By doing this it limit the useifullness of the abilty. It acts as spell cost reduction to your next spell with very limited resrictions. Either make the spells themself cost less or just make the spell points perment.

I really thought this was about making the system easy to use not changing how stuff works. I guess I was wrong. The only way to make the enhancements easy to use is change how it works.

Things that need to be change, Wands and scrolls needs to be added back to Sorcerer. All classes should have a general tab were all the core abilty like Spell pen., Spell power, Wand and scrolls mastery is located. The only thing water savant or any other trees should add is there special abilty. Points spent in a tree should not be how your Spell power goes up, makes choose seem limited.

Oh yeah making use spend 9 points to get the cheaper spells really nice touch. It cost 8AP on live for the whole savant that inculdes this. 9AP on test just for the fast cheaper spells. That is better woot. Dont forget the 10AP cost down below. So ability that use to cost 8 Ap total cost 23 now if want the other abilties to. Wiat I was wrong the bypass is not inculded anymore so that a buy abiltiy now. That will be another 6 points if want that lmao. So is this what you call more choose? Have to spend in the tree to get Spell power max out, if spend in race you lose spell power. Hmm woot.

Wow I hate this, I hope it change a ton before released.

Another missing ability:

Sorcerers can no longer get the ability to get the force critical line. Kind of a big nerf considering the rise of the force based Shiradi caster lately.

It took you a year to come up with this garbage. Just WOW.
    Last edited by dragonofsteel2; 04-18-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    Another missing ability:

Sorcerers can no longer get the ability to get the force critical line. Kind of a big nerf considering the rise of the force based Shiradi caster lately.
    Force dragons are in the Epic Handbook, but I don't think Turbine has read it.

Talking

This is the end of sorceress shiradi. There is new class that will (acctually it always was) be more suitable for shiradi. Do I like the current implementation? don't know. Nothing wow me there... Well, one thing. helf dragon marked air savant is something that I AM LOOKING forward. Having played with one in the test area slightly under geared I had some respectful dmg output.
    AKA Mathrom
    Therhy//Ajey//Darvanan//Eustahy//Giaur
    I am a human whether you like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by Kirlian View Post
    This is the end of sorceress shiradi. There is new class that will (acctually it always was) be more suitable for shiradi. Do I like the current implementation? don't know. Nothing wow me there... Well, one thing. helf dragon marked air savant is something that I AM LOOKING forward. Having played with one in the test area slightly under geared I had some respectful dmg output.
    Looks like I get my Stormsinger too.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast