Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Just look at what's on live for AoV and look at the hideous description of the Cleric Protector tree I'm sure posted here.

Then weep.

This can't be right.
    I will weep for others losses and be thankful that my FvS fits the AoV PrE perfectly.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member

Considering you have to Multi-Pre, it's practically impossible to give relative feedback with whatever that broken Protection line is.

At a glance, AoV looks good to me. I guess you're looking at base increase of healing power over Life Magic, provided you invest in Heal.

Unstoppable Magic might make up for the lack of Spell Penetration...

Overall: +/- One Face Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Eck... Squeak said as far as she knows it's not a deployment bug the FVS getting the Protection dung tree.

I'm hoping at least a placeholder with a REAL 2nd FVS enhancement tree before we go live. Also the only weapon buff I see anywhere for FVS favored weapons is Articles of Faith: "THIS WEAPON IS NOW AN IMPLEMENT" Does that give +2 damage? I'm guessing this is the implement spell power thing and has nothing to do with melee benefits.

Put in Divine Avenger and add our missing enhancements into it!
    +2 favored weapon damage,
    Selectable damage boost,
    Extra action boost,

I'll give you that toughness and saves boost are fully carried out in the Protection PRE.
    Last edited by Gratch; 04-18-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    So what happened to..

Angel of Vengence
    Beacon of Hope
    Divine Avenger

The same thing that happened to Warpriest and Exorcist?

*looks at the AoV line*

Yay! Nae is happy! The extra +1 to evocation is very nice; it potentially frees up some AP that can go into dex to qualify for TWF and actually have some flavor rather than being a cookie-cutter evoker...

*looks at...the other line*

No.

I take comfort in the eventuality of Drow Tempest. I was really concerned I'd be torn between AoV and Divine Avenger. Thanks for eliminating that problem.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Eck... Squeak said as far as she knows it's not a deployment bug the FVS getting the Protection dung tree.
    The fact that this was intentional... Unbelievable... Whatever dev and/or producer thought player reaction would be positive to the protection PrE for FvS's instead of one of the other well known PrE's needs to look deeply into a mirror and think about it again... I seriously hope this is one of Turbine's psychological manipulations: Show the players absolute **** first so they're happy with the half-baked **** they end up with.

Anything I'd really like to say to the Dev's about this decision would earn me infraction points, so... I'll use the survey tool and TOR instead
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Community Member

What a complete disappointment. I have caster divines, melee divines, and generalist types as well. (All of the heal willingly, BTW). It now feels like there is only room for one-trick ponies.

My interest in these classes went from high (favorite in the game, which was good as I am the usually the cleric/fvs in our small guild/group), to zero. Absolutely not interested in playing these classes anymore. And given the general pattern, this dampens my enthusiasm for the game itself moving forward.

I would feel this was a hasty "doom" conclusion were it not for (a) these trees aren't one or two tweaks away from being acceptable, they are missing enormous gaps in what these classes ought to be able to do, and requiring undue specialization in order to perform any one function acceptably well; and (b) what's in preview seldom varies much from the final product that goes live.

I hate to sound unconstructive, but were these (cleric and fvs) just not thought out very well, or is it the deliberate intent that DDO goes the way of WOW and other games where you have a hjealer class that just hjeals? If it's #1 please read all of the feedback in these forums, and what people actually enjoy about these classes, and DDO, and consider going back to the drawing board. If it's #2 don't bother.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justagame View Post
    It now feels like there is only room for one-trick ponies..
    As long as the trick is Healing for Cleric and a Spell Oriented Trick for FvS. YES.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Fixed the ddo.com page for the devs new outlook of no melee enhancements for FVS:

Interesting how only the end sentence really talked about their once capability in melee... and I guess it just says combat... which could be nukage. THough even that picture shows no weapon in hand... this was planned all along.

I do realize I've gone from defending the new system to trashing on this aspect of the abilities. I still like the system and some classes enhancements... just underwhelmed by what either healing class gets.

LFG: New Raid forming for past 3 hours... wont someone please play their boring hjealer class.
    Last edited by Gratch; 04-18-2013 at 04:55 PM.

So what happened to..

Angel of Vengence
    Beacon of Hope
    Divine Avenger
    They've been Turbine'd. Can't have people playing Clerics and Favored Souls and having fun now can we? That's defeat the purpose of playing a game!
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Any chance somebody can post the FVS enhancements? I can not access FVS on Lammania despite having access to FVS on the live servers.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

So what happened to..

Angel of Vengence
    Beacon of Hope
    Divine Avenger
    Went the way of warpriest, and exorcist (filed in the circular bin).

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Any chance somebody can post the FVS enhancements? I can not access FVS on Lammania despite having access to FVS on the live servers.
    It's already been posted to ddowiki: http://ddowiki.com/page/Angel_of_Ven...%28Lamannia%29
    Looks nice for nukage/Vengeancing.

The other PRE is an exact duplicate of the Cleric Domain Protector tree.

The missing Divine Avenger PRE is on Eladrin's whiteboard all ready to go but they couldn't get the Bladesworn Greatsword BullRush working so they've pulled it from release. (Or so I'm guessing/making up).

Default You again

Quote Originally Posted by ddobard1 View Post
    dont see an issue in fvs another pre be protection.... i would be confused if fvs could heal like cleric!
    Howdy, well met

I see you are championing the pigeons again. Neat.

Some of us want all classes to have a shot at unique trees for all their prestiges. Just a thought.

Oh, and if we do have to copy+paste any trees, perhaps it shouldn't be the singular worst tree of the entire alpha. Off the top of my head, feel free to disagree.
    Character Compendium

Community Member

Red face

cleric and FVS have been Turbine'd..

I love the word Turbine'd bend over,got shafted.. yup indeed TURBINE'D.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Eladrin more than a year ago had all these words about the cool Divine Avenger with cha-based damage and different faiths giving different bonuses in weapon damage and and now....
    Correct. It was a little over 2 years ago. And the reason given for not including it on live was because the Devs weren't going to release unfinished prestige classes until we got this new system.

BTW, this is what we were told to expect. Granted, it didn't have to be exactly this, but it should be something better than the Cleric Protection tree...

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    This is some of the early work I had done for this one (very subject to change):

Favored Soul Divine Avenger I (Sovereign Host)
    Prereqs:
    Level 6 Favored Soul, Favored by the Sovereign Host, Favored Soul Attack Boost II, Favored Soul Charisma I, and any of the following: Power Attack or Two Weapon Fighting.
    Cost: 4 AP
    Benefit: Everything the gods need to say to your enemies can be said with your weapon. When wielding a longsword in your right hand you are treated as if you have a fighter’s base attack bonus. You also gain the ability to swear an oath of enmity against a foe, vowing to destroy them in the name of your deity.
    Oath of Enmity
    Benefit:
    You mark an opponent as your chosen foe with a righteous smite. This attack gains twice your Charisma modifier to your attack roll and a damage bonus based on your Favored Soul level. Whether or not the attack hits, for the next five minutes, each time you critically hit your chosen enemy <SOMETHING AWESOME HAPPENS - oath mechanics are still very much in development, and this is just a hint> for a short period of time. (This bonus stacks up to ten times.) Your Oath of Enmity recharges after five minutes, or upon the death of your chosen foe.

Repeat for other deities, replacing "favored by" as appropriate.

Lord of Blades accepts any of the following: Improved Fortification, Power Attack, or Two Handed Fighting.

Silver Flame accepts any of the following: Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus: Ranged, or Zen Archery, and instead of a melee smite as their Oath, gets a ranged attack, and their Oath mechanic was a little bit different (and wasn't working properly at all ).

So what happened to..

Angel of Vengence
    Beacon of Hope
    Divine Avenger
    Yeah ?

What the heck is going on devs? Did they just scrap the entire idea? This enhancement pass is lame sauce so far for divines! Let us unleash the beasts and be powerful killing machines again.

This really sucks so far! Cmon devs, put some backbone into it! Give the divines something really cool! We need more options so the classes do not become stale!
    Born to play, Forced to work !

While the FVS casting Tree is not that great and has it's issues, my cleric would choose to take that with some aspects of the Protection domain, over what clerics currently get to have.

Hoping to actually be able to get on Lama today.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Unhappy So the Archon...

On Live we get it at level 12 on the Wiki it states that it is on Lam at level 18? I really liked being a FvS Light Based living laser, with my shoulder laser, and a summoned laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    On Live we get it at level 12 on the Wiki it states that it is on Lam at level 18? I really liked being a FvS Light Based living laser, with my shoulder laser, and a summoned laser.
    Not true. It is still 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast