Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default The Official Favored Soul Enhancements Discussion Thread!

Favored Soul Enhancements are currently available on Lamannia.

Please share your thoughts on the Favored Soul Enhancement Trees!
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 09-17-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Warpriest Survey is now closed

Be warned; I will drive Gazebo to drinking before noon between this and sorcerers. I have a long weekend off from work and high-quality coffee.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

So....
    No comments on the fact Fvs only get a second PRE, and that it is only the same exact cleric PRE of.......

Protection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

dont see an issue in fvs another pre be protection.... i would be confused if fvs could heal like cleric!

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    So....
    No comments on the fact Fvs only get a second PRE, and that it is only the same exact cleric PRE of.......

Protection?
    Oh ? So Divines are really getting <censored>...

And the other one is it at leasts semi-usable ?
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

So....

Protection?
    bug report it. now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Oh ? So Divines are really getting <censored>...

And the other one is it at leasts semi-usable ?
    Pretty much as is from live, about the same overall, with the offensive spell crits and spell pen lines. And the spell power action boost.
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.

Community Member

Favored Soul...getting the same tree as cleric (Protection) ???

This has to be a bug?

Please tell me this is a bug

If not..this is the most dissapointing thing i have seen so far in this Alpha.
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    bug report it. now.
    lol yea i am, with the body of the report being: I think you accidentally added the wrong pre

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

lol yea i am, with the body of the report being: I think you accidentally added the wrong pre
    Well if 10 people bug report the same bug, it has to be a bug.... ( trust me on that one you have no idea what Telco can report as bug and how far we bend for bugs that are not.... bugs.... )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    Favored Soul...getting the same tree as cleric (Protection) ???

This has to be a bug?

Please tell me this is a bug

If not..this is the most dissapointing thing i have seen so far in this Alpha.
    My thoughts exactly. Huge dissappointment.

With all due respect to the people who worked hard on this system...

What in the blue heck where you all thinking?

Let me get this straight, 4 trees (1 racial 3 supposed class) both the cleric and fvs are unfinished...

But that's not the worst, we both get that horrible protection path which I am pretty sure if the feedback on it has been read is not worth the cost to bother with...

You basically are telling us via this implementation that the paid for class will get the perks that we clerics wanted for our spell damage, no smiting line for both divine classes? Whats that?

No spell pen for both divine classes?

Its insulting very insulting to those of us who happen to play both classes but love the cleric class, the fact that AOV is exponentially better for those who want to caster as a divine is a big ole slap in the face.

You gave FVS an aura to help take away SR which I find very ingenious too bad we don't get the amount of slots needed to take advantage of spells to really take advantage of such a boon. And forget those of us who want Melee souls, guess that article of faith is really going to help out my WF Lord of the Blades soul...

I just want to thank you though for finally convincing me to not worry so much about working on or playing my divines I mean what is the point? You gave all the spell oomph to a class I play for fighting and battle and gave nothing to the class I really wanted to see shine in spell casting abilities. Thanks a whole lot for that
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Community Member

This would be the perfect time for a dev to say this is not working as intended.

So what happened to..

Angel of Vengence
    Beacon of Hope
    Divine Avenger
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Once again can we get a text version of the tree if anyone would be so helpful?
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

So....

Protection?
    You have got to be kidding me, right? I'm at work so I can't log in an see it, but the survey also says Angel of Vengeance and Protection. We've waited year+ for this re-vamp and FvS are given the same protection tree as clerics? What happened to Beacon of Hope or Divine Avenger?

This would be a really awesome time for dev to drop in an say this is a bug and wrong tree was loaded for FvS before we start sending the DEA over to see what you guys are smoking.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Once again can we get a text version of the tree if anyone would be so helpful?
    Just look at what's on live for AoV and look at the hideous description of the Cleric Protector tree I'm sure posted here.

Then weep.

This can't be right.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    So what happened to..

Angel of Vengence
    Beacon of Hope
    Divine Avenger
    Angel of Vengeance
    Beacon of Hjealbot
    Divine Protector of Avengeance...
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Eladrin more than a year ago had all these words about the cool Divine Avenger with cha-based damage and different faiths giving different bonuses in weapon damage and and now....

Hopefully this Protector BS is just a placeholder for real PRE's coming in Alpha2 for FVS. Looks like we lost all the current FVS enh bumps to our favored-weapon damage unless I'm missing it.

This is my fault for laughing at the Cleric Domain PRE Protection isn't it (I no longer have a cleric). Sorry... my bad. Lolz... Blur as top tier enhancement.

So yes... please be a bug.
    Last edited by Gratch; 04-18-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

This sounds very disappointing. You would think they would put extra craftsmanship into the divine trees. When the divines aren't happy, nobody is happy.

I mean really, a copy/paste from a cleric domain (and one that needs serious work from someone who actually plays the game and understands the mechanics) has got to be a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin
    I've never seen someone at a tabletop game say "I jump up on the wall until I get stuck in a spot where I can hit the giant but he can't hit me back for no apparent reason."

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast