Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Default Lammania Pre-Alpha Archmage and Pale Master Enhancements

Pale Master:

Core:

Dark Reaping (Requires Wiz 1, 0 AP)
    For each point spent in this tree you gain +0.75 Universal Spell Power and +0.75 Negative Energy Spell Power (for a total of 1.5 Negative Energy Spell Power per point spent)

Shroud of the Zombie (Requires Wiz 3, 5 Points Spent in Tree, 2 AP)
    Activation Cost: 25 SP, Cooldown: 30 seconds.
    +2 Strength, +2 Con, -2 Int, -4 Cha, DR 5/Slashing, you attack 20% slower than normal.
    On Vorpal Melee Hit:* 1d6 int damage.
    Standard undead form stuff.

Shroud of the Vampire (Requires Wiz 6, 10 points spent in tree, 2 AP)
    Activation Cost: 50 SP, Cooldown: 30 seconds.
    +2 Strength, +2 Cha, +2 Enchantment DCs, 25% less threat from spells and attacks.
    On Vorpal Melee Hit:* Energy Drain, inflicting 1 Negative Level.
    Standard undead form stuff, but quad damage from light instead of just double.

Shroud of the Wraith (Requires Wiz 12, 20 points spent in tree, 2 AP)
    Activation Cost: 75 SP, Cooldown: 30 seconds.
    25% incorp, featherfall, +20 MS and Balance, Ghost Touch
    On Crit Melee Hit: 1d6 Con damage.

Shroud of the Lich (Requires Wiz 18, 30 points spent in tree, 2 AP)
    Activation Cost: 100 SP, Cooldown: 30 seconds.
    +4 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +2 Cha, +1 Necro DC, occasionally gain temp HP when damaged.
    On Melee Hit:* 2-9 Negative Energy Damage to a living target.

Master of Death (Requires Wiz 20, 40 points spent in tree, 2 AP)
    You gain +2 intelligence and, when you have a Shroud toggle active, receive 5% more healing from Negative Energy

Tier 1:

Necrotic Touch (0/1, 2 AP)
    Activation Cost: 2 HP
    Cooldown: 6 seconds
    Unchanged from live.

Deathless Vigor (0/3, 2 AP per rank)
    The power of undeath has toughened your flesh, providing you with an additional + Hit Points and + to Fortitude Saves.
    Rank 1:* +5 HP
    Rank 2:* +10 HP, +1 Fort saves
    Rank 3:* +15 HP, +2 Fort saves

Spell Critical: Negative Energy (0/1, 2 AP)* <-- One per tier up to tier 4, with each previous tier as a pre-req.* Same description and AP cost.
    Your Negative Energy damage spells have an additional 2% chance to critically hit.

Skeletal Knight (3/3, 2 AP per rank)
    Rank 1:
    Activation Cost: 10 HP, 10 SP
    Cooldown: 5 minutes
    Summon the reanimated body of an ancient knight to do your bidding.* The Skeletal Knight has strong melee attacks, and is difficult to destroy.* This powerful ally is a Fighter with a level equal to your current level in the Wizard class plus any Epic levels you may have.* Additional ranks in this enhancement increase your Knight's Damage, Attack Speed, Movement Speed, and Fortification.

Negative Energy Conduit (0/3, 1 AP per rank)
    Rank 1:* Your vulnerability to Negative Energy is increased by 3%.* This increases the amount by which you are healed from Negative Energy while you have a Shroud toggle active.
    Rank 2:* 6%
    Rank 3:* 10%

Tier 2:

Efficient Metamagic (0/3, 2 AP per rank)
    Choose between Empower Spell (2/4/6), Maximize Spell (3/6/9), Enlarge Spell (1/2/4), or Quicken Spell (1/2/4).* Reduce the Spell Point cost of using that Metamagic.

Corpsecrafter (Pre-req:* Skeletal Knight, 0/3, 1 AP per rank)
    Your Skeletal Knight gains a + Profane Bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution
    Rank 1: +2
    Rank 2: +4
    Rank 3: +6

Bone Armor (0/3, 1 AP per rank)
    While under the effect of Shroud of the Zombie, Vampire, or Lich, you gain Physical Resistance.* While under the effect of Shroud of the Wraith, you gain Dodge.
    Rank 1: 3 PR, 1% Dodge
    Rank 2: 6 PR, 2% Dodge
    Rank 3: 10 PR, 3% Dodge

Tier 3:

Necrotic Bolt (Pre-req: Necrotic Touch, 0/1, 2 AP)
    Activation Cost: 5 HP
    Cooldown: 6 Seconds
    Unchanged from live.

Cloak of Night (0/3, 1 AP per rank)
    Activation Cost: 25 SP
    Cooldown: 1 second
    Toggle: While active, Cloak of Night reduces the effectiveness of Positive Energy,

Negative Energy, Repair, and Light damage on you by %.
    Rank 1:* 20%
    Rank 2:* 35%
    Rank 3:* 50%

Eternal Servitude (Pre-req: Corpsecrafter, 0/3, 1 AP per rank)
    Your Skeletal Knight gains + Profane Bonus to AC, and a + Profane Bonus to Physical Resistance
    Rank 1:* +2 to AC, +5 to PR
    Rank 2:* +4 to AC, +10 to PR
    Rank 3:* +6 to AC, +15 to PR

Constitution or Intelligence (0/1, 2 AP)
    +1 to Con or Int

Tier 4:

Dark Furor (Pre-req: Eternal Servitude, 0/3, 1 AP per rank)
    Your Skeletal Knight gains % Doublestrike, and its attacks bypass % of enemy Fortification
    Rank 1:* 15% Doublestrike, 5% Enemy Fortification
    Rank 2:* 30% Doublestrike, 10% Enemy Fortification
    Rank 3:* 45% Doublestrike, 5% Enemy Fortification <-- Assumedly just a typo in the description, and it should be 15%.

Constitution or Intelligence (Pre-req:* Cons or Int from Tier 3, 0/1, 2 AP)
    +1 to Con or Int (can be same or different from previous tier)

Tier 5:

Necrotic Blast (Pre-req: Necrotic Bolt, 0/1, 2 AP per rank)
    Activation Cost: 10 HP
    Cooldown: 6 seconds
    Same description as on live.

Animate Ally (0/1, 2 AP)
    Cooldown: 5 minutes
    Metamagics:* Quicken, Enlarge
    Spell Resistance: No
    Activate to Animate a dead ally, restoring 50% of the target's hit points.* Your ally is considered an undead zombie (gaining the benefits and drawbacks of Shroud of the Zombie) and will steadily take damage until death reclaims it.* Your ally is unable to change forms while under this effect.

Necromantic Focus (0/1, 2 AP)
    You benefit from dark knowledge, granting you a +1 DC to spells from the Necromancy school.

Improved Shrouding (0/1, 2 AP)
    Your Undead Shrouds gain the following additional benefits:
    While in Shroud of the Zombie, you gain +2 Constitution, 15 Physical Resistance Rating, and your Damage Reduction increases to 10/Slashing.
    While in Shroud of the Vampire, you gain +2 Dexterity, your vulnerability to Light damage is reduced by 50%, and your melee and unarmed attacks heal you for 1 point of Negative Energy damage.
    While in Shroud of the Wraith, you gain +2 Dexterity and your Incorporeal Miss Chance increases from 25% to 35%.
    While in Shroud of the Lich, you gain an additional +2 Intelligence and +10 to Negative Energy Spellpower.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Archmage:

Core Enhancements:

Archmage Specialization 1 (Requires Wizard 1, 0 AP)
    For each action point spent in this tree, you gain 1 Universal Spell Power and +2 to your Spell Point maximum.
    Also, choose 1 of the current T1 Archmage SLAs (Shield, Grease, Hypnotism, Magic Missile, Invisibility, Chill Touch, Jump).

Archmage Specialization 2 (Requires Wizard 3, 5 AP Spent in Tree, 2 AP)
    Choose a T2 Archmage SLA of the same school as you chose for your Tier 1 SLA.
    i.e. Invis => Blur

Archmage Specialization 3 (Requires Wizard 6, 10 AP Spent in tree, 2 AP)
    Choose a T3 Archmage SLA of the same school as you chose for your Tier 2 SLA.
    i.e. Blur => Displacement

Archmage Specialization 4 (Requires WIzard 12, 20 AP Spent in tree, 2 AP)
    Choose a T4 Archmage SLA of the same school as you chose for your tier 3 SLA.
    i.e. Displacement => Phantasmal Killer

Archmage Specialization 5 (Requires Wizard 18, 30 AP Spent in tree, 2 AP)
    Choose a T5 Archmage SLA of the same school as you chose for your tier 4 SLA.
    i.e. Phantasmal Killer => Shadow Walk

Master of Magic (Requires Archmage Specialization V, Wiz 20, 40 AP Spent in tree)
    Through extensive training and countless hours of study, you have mastered the application of metamagic feats to your spells. You gain +2 Intelligence, +5 Spellcraft, and all metamagic feats cost 1 fewer spell point to use. (Height Spell costs 1 fewer spell point per level of heightening.)

Tier 1:

Subtle Spellcasting (3/3, 1 AP per rank)
    Your damage spells generate % less hate than they normally would, making enemies less likely to attack you.
    Rank 1: 10%
    Rank 2: 20%
    Rank 3: 30%

Energy of the Scholar (0/3, 2 AP per rank)
    Your studies have increased your maximum Spell Points by an additional amount.
    Rank 1: 30
    Rank 2: 60
    Rank 3: 90

Spell Penetration (0/1, 2 AP)
    You add +1 to your Caster Level check to overcome an enemy's Spell Resistance.

Identical Enhancement with the previous tier's version as a pre-req is in tiers 1-3.

Spell Critical (0/1, 2 AP)
    Your (Acid / Cold / Electric and Sonic / Fire / Force and Untyped damage) spells have an additional 2% chance to critically hit.

You have to choose 1 of the options. e.g. just Fire, or just Force and Untyped.
    Identical Enhancement exists from tier's 1 - 4 with the previous tier's version as a pre-req. You can choose the same damage type each tier, or different damage types.

Wand Heightening (0/3, 1 AP per rank)
    Adds +1 to the save DC's of your offensive wands.

Tier 2:

Multiple Enhancement Selector:
    Choose a Metamagic Feat. Reduce the Spell Point cost of using that Metamagic.
    Maximize OR Empower OR Enlarge OR Quicken
    Maximize 3/6/9, Empower 2/4/6/, Enlarge 2/4/4, Quicken 2/4/4 <-- I suspect Enlarge and Quicken should both be 2/4/6 as well.

This enhancement appears on tiers 2-4, each time requiring you to choose a different metamagic.

Wand and Scroll Mastery (Pre-req: Wand Heightening, 0/3, 2 AP per rank)
    + effectiveness of your wands, scrolls, and other items that cast spells.
    Rank 1: 25%
    Rank 2: 50%
    Rank 3: 75%

Tier 3:

Arcane Bolt (0/1, 2 AP)
    Activation Cost: 2 Spell Points
    Cooldown: 3 seconds
    You fire a bolt of raw energy from your finger that deals 1 to 6 hit points of force damage per caster level to a single target. A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half. This ability counts as a level 2 Wizard spell.

Intelligence (0/1, 2 AP)
    +1 Intelligence

Tier 4:

School Mastery (0/1, 2 AP)
    You have attained mastery in the school of magic that you specialize in. The DC of spells you cast from that school are increased by 1.

Intelligence (Pre-req: Intelligence Tier 3, 0/1, 2 AP)
    +1 Intelligence

Tier 5:

Arcane Blast (Pre-req: Arcane Bolt, 0/1, 2 AP)
    Activation Cost: 6 Spell points
    Cooldown: 8 seconds
    You fire a ball of raw energy from your hand that explodes on contact with its target, dealing 1 to 6 hit points of force damage per caster level to all within its radius for. A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half. This ability counts as a level 4 Wizard spel.

Improved Heightening (Pre-req: Efficient Metamagic line, 0/2, 2 AP per rank)
    Using the Heighten Spell feat costs you 1 less spell point per level of heightening.

School Mastery II (Pre-req: School Mastery, 0/1, 2 AP)
    You have attained new levels of mastery in the school of magic that you specialize in. The DC of spells you cast from that school are increased by an additional 1.

Secondary School Mastery (Pre-req: School Mastery II, 0/1, 2 AP)
    Select one of the spell schools you are not specialized in. The DC of spells you cast from that school are increased by an additional 1.
    Last edited by Deathdefy; 04-18-2013 at 07:40 AM.
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.

Interesting upgrades for summon, and lovin that it now scales with level

I really hope animate ally stays in
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Pale Master:
    Like it

Default Woah

Current capstone goes to AM and PMs get a different capstone? Wild.

Also, Animate is hilarious. Love it.

I will miss skeletal magi and archers if they nix them (despite what anyone says, they have their uses).
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post

Wand and Scroll Mastery (Pre-req: Wand and Scroll Mastery, 0/3, 2 AP per rank)
    + effectiveness of your wands, scrolls, and other items that cast spells.
    Rank 1: 25%
    Rank 2: 50%
    Rank 3: 75%
    Did you mean to type heightening? Because if so

BARF

Fix this, devs
    Character Compendium

Default Wild mage

Where is this?

Is the alpha again showing that the devs have not even made good on their promise to flesh out all three prestiges per class?

Are we just going to see War Priest and Wild Mage etc. during the beta, have less time for feedback, and get some half-finished product with crazy AP costs, useless enhancements, arbitrary prereqs, and unreasonable amounts of "points spent in tree" requirements?
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by SealedInSong View Post
    Is the alpha again showing that the devs have not even made good on their promise to flesh out all three prestiges per class?

They announced a month or two back that the new target was "at least 2", and 2 is what we are getting.

Looks really good, there isn't much drastic changes, and there are new toys to play with, can't wait to test it new PM stuff looks a lot more balanced then what we have now on live (like lower vulnerability to light for vamps with tier 5 enhancement) and for AM full line of slas without sp lose.

Community Member

Did I count that right . . . 2 more necro DC?
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

gah
    same **** as live <<
    devs are you deaf and blind?
    Zombie form is useless, get rid of 20% slower attack
    Vamp is useless, get rid of 4times light damage
    and damn no, t5 to reduce light damage in vamp form is no option,
    especially when you plan that we only get t5 abilitys from 1 tree.

also reduce SP costs of Shrouds, because you sure as hell did not fix the annoying bug where Shrouds deactivate when you activate them, which costs us a ****load of sp and waiting time just because you cant fix it!

@trees in general
    overall meh, nothing that impresses me and not enough DC increases.
    DC casting will continue to suck on EE and i prophecy the rise of Shrouded Archmages with Shirady.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Did I count that right . . . 2 more necro DC?
    Maybe 6 since your pale master will also be mostly archmage, but I haven't tried it out yet.

DCs are already over the top for heroic, it's only epic there is the problem. Why would they use heroic enhancements to boost DCs?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    @trees in general
    DC casting will continue to suck on EE and i prophecy the rise of Shrouded Archmages with Shirady.
    Tbh i really don't want to see more dc here, wiz gets +2 dc more then other classes and its fine, if they get more, difference between them and other dc casters would become too big and we would get problem with balancing mobs saves. If wiz gets more DC its fun for them... but if we then balance content for wizards dc, all other casters can forget about dc casting... Fixing EE problems with heroic enhancement is in my opinion realy bad choice, beter would be to give more power to magister ED then boost enhancements.

I am a PM and I am not happy losing the current wizard capstone of -1 to all metamagic costs for just 5% more negative energy healing. I saw we can already boost our neg healing as is, why put 5% more in the capstone? I want my cheaper metas por favor. Psst checks in the mail devs
    Quote Originally Posted by Varis View Post
    Is that a trick question? A nuker should heighten, empower and maximise flushing the toilet
    Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    It will do damage like taking a point-blank meteor swarm in the crotch. You hear me people, stop encouraging Turbine to meteor swarm crotches!

Default Responses in Arcane alpha thread

Character Compendium

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xilth View Post
    Tbh i really don't want to see more dc here, wiz gets +2 dc more then other classes and its fine, if they get more, difference between them and other dc casters would become too big and we would get problem with balancing mobs saves. If wiz gets more DC its fun for them... but if we then balance content for wizards dc, all other casters can forget about dc casting... Fixing EE problems with heroic enhancement is in my opinion realy bad choice, beter would be to give more power to magister ED then boost enhancements.
    Well i figured we would see more DC increases because mobs in heroic got also save increases.

But yes for epic there are more changes needed.
    I would change the +stat so that you can take every stat in every ED and give ED trees more global DC increases. (both for casting and tactics)
    Because atm there are only 2 trees for tactics and 2 for DC (and honestly those for DC suck)
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    They announced a month or two back that the new target was "at least 2", and 2 is what we are getting.
    Ugh
    Character Compendium

Default Well

gah
    same **** as live <<
    devs are you deaf and blind?
    This is head and shoulders above the cleric debacle, so I can't really complain. That said:

Zombie form is useless, get rid of 20% slower attack
    Agreed, even 10% would still be a significant debuff.

Vamp is useless, get rid of 4times light damage
    and damn no, t5 to reduce light damage in vamp form is no option,
    especially when you plan that we only get t5 abilitys from 1 tree.
    Well technically you can reduce it by 50% in one enhancement, 50% in another, and 30% from ED (Angel).

also reduce SP costs of Shrouds, because you sure as hell did not fix the annoying bug where Shrouds deactivate when you activate them, which costs us a ****load of sp and waiting time just because you cant fix it!
    Agreed--should just take the SP off your maximum like the live archmage enhancements do. Then we can toggle them at will. I see no problem with being able to switch them with no cost or a small cost the way druids do (which is 5 sp per change, iirc).

@trees in general
    IMO we should be asking for lowered EE mob saves by a reasonable amount, not increased DC avenues for characters that can already steamroll heroic content. Shrug.

Again, at least PMs weren't crapped upon like clerics were.
    Character Compendium

Yeah, my knee-jerk reaction is "zomg pale master smash!" too.

Compared with live there's an additional:

+1 DC from advanced Shroud Lich form in Tier 5 of PM.
    +1 DC from the Necro focus enhancement in Tier 5 of PM.
    +1 DC from taking primary Necro focus in Tier 4 of AM.
    +1 DC from taking the 2 Drow Int enhancements in the core racial abilities.

+4 Int instead of +3 Int from PRE Int Enhancements (2 in each of AM and PM) as opposed to the 3 for Wizards on live.

for a total of +4 or +5 Necro DC relative to what we have now.

I'll save my Archmage thoughts for the official thread when it comes. Suffice to say I think it's really bad. Largely since you can only choose 1 line of SLAs and there's nothing else offering even a glimmer of redemption in the whole PRE.

There's nothing not on live, and literally everything is harder to get to and more expensive AP wise. Hopefully since it's not supposed to be out yet what I saw is not the actual tree?

Quote Originally Posted by SealedInSong View Post

This is head and shoulders above the Enhancements released so far, so I can't really complain.
    ftfy.

Aside from some much needed reduction of AP and SP for some forms, it is a well done PrE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast