Default What's your stunning fist/quivering palm DC?

I built my monk as a water/dex/wis monk with a 30 wis and 30 dex giving him a DC of 28. Does anyone with a higher DC think it was worth doing or should we just accept we can't stun anything other than non-giant clerics/casters?

I could've probably dropped a few points out of con and raised my wis by two and still had over 300hp but my barb can get his stunning blow to a 42 and he still has problems hitting anything in the subterane (maybe 50% success, lower on beholders).

EDIT: and my sorc has a 35 on PK so anything that I can stun will probably be PKed/fingered before I get to it :s
    Last edited by Kintro; 01-28-2009 at 10:47 AM.
    Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda
    Noret/Hultor/Deol/Domtro/Tamtro/Kintro/Lantwo/Sontro/Montro/Kantro

Quote Originally Posted by Kintro View Post
    I built my monk as a water/dex/wis monk with a 30 wis and 30 dex giving him a DC of 28. Does anyone with a higher DC think it was worth doing or should we just accept we can't stun anything other than non-giant clerics/casters?

I could've probably dropped a few points out of con and raised my wis by two and still had over 300hp but my barb can get his stunning blow to a 42 and he still has problems hitting anything in the subterane (maybe 50% success, lower on beholders).

EDIT: and my sorc has a 35 on PK so anything that I can stun will probably be PKed/fingered before I get to it :s
    I have a Halfling light monk, dex based (finesse) (2nd life) with a 53 dc on stunning fist and 35 dc on quivering palm (boosted by legendary tactics twist, +6 to all tactical dc's) and using grave wrappings. (I am currently getting this in Shiradi ED)
    I have no problem stunning 90% of everything in GH, quivering palm most times requires the grave wrappings to kick in and reduce the giants by a couple of levels before it works
    In GMoF I am getting 56 dc on stunning fist and 36 on QP with a wisdom of 42, I get more stuns and QP in ultimate wind stance than any of the other stances

Quote Originally Posted by Kintro View Post

We need some more information on your level and gear, because a DC 28 is, forgive me for saying, pathetically low for a high level monk. I'm assuming you are sub-20 or a fresh lvl 20 with minimal gear, correct me if I'm wrong. My lvl 25 light monk is sitting pretty at DC 63 and the only time I see saves are against the occasional orange-named epic hard monster or in level 25 challenges. Some of the insanely annoying mephits in lvl 25 challenges have ridiculous saves. But even those are few and far between. I personally don't do epic elites, so I can't give you any details of how good a DC 63 would be in that category.

A simple breakdown of basic level and gear is easy to do to calculate what your DC could look like at cap.

10 base
    10 Stunning handwraps/item effect
    12 Half-character level (half of lvl 24)
    10 Wisdom modifier (using your 30 Wisdom as a starting point)
    6 Legendary Tactics (twistable epic destiny ability from the Legendary Dreadnaught destiny)
    5 Exceptional Combat Mastery (found on a few select items)
    3 Grandmaster of Flowers epic destiny innate autogrant ability

DC 56 with no further investment in Wisdom. This is enough to stun just about any monster in epic normal quests and will probably give you a good success rate in epic hard as well. For difficult monsters you can hit them with Improved Sunder a couple of times to inflict the Trauma debuff, which gives a stacking -3 to Fortitude saves up to 5 times, for a total penalty of -15.

Again, some more info on your level and gear will give us a clearer picture of where you currently stand. DCs of over 60 are commonplace with properly geared, max Wisdom monks.

To be fair, the 28 DC posted was probably much more relevant in 2009.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    To be fair, the 28 DC posted was probably much more relevant in 2009.
    I didn't even look at the post date. Too bad we can't lock out the ability to use Raise Thread.

lol thanks for the laugh have a good day

Necro DC at least 60 on this one

I was like, 28 DC on stunning fist? Go see Fred to swap out the feat, or revisit Jeets on the beaches of Korthos :P