Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Lamannia Update: EARLY Enhancements Preview - Week 2

Lamannia will be coming down for an update on April 18 between 10am and 2pm EST (GMT -5).

First, I would like to thank everyone for your participation and feedback so far! I know we have run into some hitches (*frowns at the Pando installer*), but it is great to hear from so many players!

Tomorrow's Lamannia build features one major adjustment to the Enhancement Trees: We are lowering the number of Action Points spent in the Trees required to access the Top Tier Enhancements. (Class Enhancement Trees will require 0, 5, 10, 20, and 30 Action Points spent and Racial Enhancement Trees will require 0, 5, 10, and 15 Action Points spent.) Note that while this change would allow you to take Tier 5 abilities from two Class Trees, that is not intended. We will eventually add the "You can only take Tier 5 Enhancements from a single Tree" restriction.

Please keep in mind that we are trying to make one major adjustment at a time since this is the best way to determine what adjustments are most effective.

We have decided to leave the Artificer, Cleric, Fighter, and Ranger Enhancement Trees on Lamannia for continued preview. Additionally, all Enhancement trees will be available for the third and final week of the Alpha Preview for Enhancements.

Please note that adjustments and fixes to the individual Enhancements or Enhancement Trees currently available on Lamannia will not be present in tomorrow's Lamannia build. This is primarily because any recently implemented adjustments and fixes would not give Quality Assurance proper time to verify that it works and does not break something else.

The adjusted Preview Schedule is as follows:

Week 2 (April 18 – 24):
    • Druid
    • Favored Soul
    • Rogue
    • Sorcerer
    • Wizard
    • Artificer
    • Cleric
    • Fighter
    • Ranger

Week 3 (April 25 – May 1):
    • Barbarian
    • Bard
    • Monk
    • Paladin
    • ALL other Enhancement Trees

Please note that to retain more focused feedback from the Surveys, only the Druid, Favored Soul, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Wizard Surveys will be available from Thursday to Monday morning (VERY early Monday morning).

Keep in mind that this is an EARLY PREVIEW! There will be bugs!

Community Member

When will we see the racial PrE for each races?

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by squeakofdoom View Post
    i know we have run into some hitches (*frowns at the pando installer*)
    Torrent.

2 things:

1 - AMAZING job thus far with the new Enhancements! I have made so many different builds just to test out which ones I liked best that my hands are numb...NUMB I TELL YOU!

2 - With the new tier respect, does that mean tomorrow morning some of us will be seeing AP refunds for the differential in the former cost to the new cost? Or will it just be a "rest your enhancements and spend at the new cost" type deal?

Again, AMAZING job guys! I'm avoiding going back to the main servers until this goes live because I'm loving the customization it gives me to my toon (above and beyond Feat and Spell selection)!

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

You will have to reset your Enhancements and then re-spend the points.

I am not sure that I agree with the tier 5 core abilities can only be taken in one tree. I am of the opinion that a pure level 20 ranger should be able to get the core abilities from deepwood sniper and arcane archer. Why not reward pure builds a little it seems like multi-class's get the overall advantage so why not reward pure builds. The same with level 20 fighter that is kensai and stalwart or level 20 cleric that is healing and protection or pure level 20 artificer and those two core abilities.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Tomorrow's Lamannia build features one major adjustment to the Enhancement Trees: We are lowering the number of Action Points spent in the Trees required to access the Top Tier Enhancements. (Class Enhancement Trees will require 0, 5, 10, 20, and 30 Action Points spent and Racial Enhancement Trees will require 0, 5, 10, and 15 Action Points spent.) Note that while this change would allow you to take Tier 5 abilities from two Class Trees, that is not intended. We will eventually add the "You can only take Tier 5 Enhancements from a single Tree" restriction.
    This is a step in the right direction. it's not a enough but it's progress. I understand the need to move slowly.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Have the lvl requirements gone up for these tiers? In this iteration if a character only focuses a single tree he should hit top tier at lvl 8.

Will we also have access to the previous class surveys?
    I was more than annoyed today when I found out, that I am no longer able to fill out the class queries - the very ones that allows us to enter the most detailed and visible feedback.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    Will we also have access to the previous class surveys?
    I was more than annoyed today when I found out, that I am no longer able to fill out the class queries - the very ones that allows us to enter the most detailed and visible feedback.
    Nope.

Please note that to retain more focused feedback from the Surveys, only the Druid, Favored Soul, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Wizard Surveys will be available from Thursday to Monday morning (VERY early Monday morning).

I have a cleric trapper AA who depends relatively highly on Positive Energy Aura.

On the old enhancements, I have both Slaying Arrows and Positive Energy Aura. If I can have that now, why should I have to give one up in the new enhancement trees?

In the first place, I don't think Positive Energy Aura should be in Tier 5, I think it should be with Positive Energy Burst like it is currently, but if it is going to stay there, there should be no reason why I shouldn't be able to have both, like I can now. It's not game breaking at all and it only downgrades my current build to force me to give it up.

2014 DDO Players Council

We are lowering the number of Action Points spent in the Trees required to access the Top Tier Enhancements. (Class Enhancement Trees will require 0, 5, 10, 20, and 30 Action Points spent and Racial Enhancement Trees will require 0, 5, 10, and 15 Action Points spent.)
    I applaud the general direction of this, would request that you make the requirements consistent. Specifically:

- For Tier 4, lower it to 15, period, not just lowering to 15 in some cases and leaving at 20 in others. 20 was too high anyway.

- For the confusingly-placed-definitely-not-auto-grants, make their AP spent requirements match their tier, too, with the same progression. (You could just place them in the tree to avoid confusion, too, but that's a separate issue.)

I.e., I suggest 0/5/10/15/30 consistent for all tiered abilities, regardless of which kind of tree or odd "special" placement under trees.

Note that while this change would allow you to take Tier 5 abilities from two Class Trees, that is not intended. We will eventually add the "You can only take Tier 5 Enhancements from a single Tree" restriction.
    That change will be yet more reason to lower the "spent" requirement on the capstone from 40 and treat it as just another Tier 5 ability. 20 levels in class is plenty restrictive already; you should not be denied your class capstone because you didn't want to hyperspecialize in a single tree.

Tomorrow's Lamannia build features one major adjustment to the Enhancement Trees: We are lowering the number of Action Points spent in the Trees required to access the Top Tier Enhancements. (Class Enhancement Trees will require 0, 5, 10, 20, and 30 Action Points spent and Racial Enhancement Trees will require 0, 5, 10, and 15 Action Points spent.)
    Very happy about this change. After taking core abilities and 2-3 tier 5 enhancements, this means that we can probably reduce the AP spent in a single tree to 40. Gives a lot more flexibility in splashing another tree or investing in racials.

Tomorrow's Lamannia build features one major adjustment to the Enhancement Trees: We are lowering the number of Action Points spent in the Trees required to access the Top Tier Enhancements. (Class Enhancement Trees will require 0, 5, 10, 20, and 30 Action Points spent and Racial Enhancement Trees will require 0, 5, 10, and 15 Action Points spent.)
    This is a step in the right direction, but I think that the system needs to be built around multiples of 4 (not 5). It would then match the ED system, and line up to the fact that you get 4 action points per level not 5.

All of my toon's are multiclass or in weeks 2-3 so I'm playing on paper not with the real designer. But level breaks of: 0/4/8/16/ and either 28 or 32 were a lot more flexible in both trees than the current multiples of 5 stepping. 5 Action point increments is out of step with the leveling process.

I also think that points already spent on Core Abilities should count in the total points spent in tree number. Ftrom my simplistic viewpoint, they are points spent on that tree's abilities at the exclusion of other trees and should be counted as such.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

We are lowering the number of Action Points spent in the Trees required to access the Top Tier Enhancements.
    Thanks, that's a move in the right direction, but that just a move... In itself it's not enough, it just shows that we are listened.

as a Side note can you change the Reincarnation Timer ? It's set to a week right now, and it's annoying when you experiment the enhancement against build choices.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Costs to tier unlocks are good, I'm not sure we really need to restrict access to tier 5 enhancements to 1 tree, however. That still comes with a hefty 60+ AP requirement for 2 trees plus points spent in the trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Thanks, that's a move in the right direction, but that just a move... In itself it's not enough, it just shows that we are listened.

as a Side note can you change the Reincarnation Timer ? It's set to a week right now, and it's annoying when you experiment the enhancement against build choices.
    Doing a LR resets the TR timer, and doing a TR resets the LR timer.

You're welcome.

Community Member

So why is it not intended to be allowed 2 Tier 5 trees? what is so wrong with it, Thats a major restriction in my opinion and here i thought this was to allow more freedom not take more freedom with others. As it currently is that means someone wouldnt be able to splash void strike 4 and shintao which alot of monk people will be peeved off about and then theres other classes that have 2 different things from tier 5 currently in our regular system so pretty much freedom taken away especially for my 20 monk

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Doing a LR resets the TR timer, and doing a TR resets the LR timer.

You're welcome.
    Many thanks.
    With the Dojo active LR or TR or GR it's the same think in term of time spent.
    Now the annoying bit is that I'll leave my First life and get more points to waste in Stats. oh well.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I applaud the general direction of this, would request that you make the requirements consistent. Specifically:

- For Tier 4, lower it to 15, period, not just lowering to 15 in some cases and leaving at 20 in others. 20 was too high anyway.

- For the confusingly-placed-definitely-not-auto-grants, make their AP spent requirements match their tier, too, with the same progression. (You could just place them in the tree to avoid confusion, too, but that's a separate issue.)

I.e., I suggest 0/5/10/15/30 consistent for all tiered abilities, regardless of which kind of tree or odd "special" placement under trees.

That change will be yet more reason to lower the "spent" requirement on the capstone from 40 and treat it as just another Tier 5 ability. 20 levels in class is plenty restrictive already; you should not be denied your class capstone because you didn't want to hyperspecialize in a single tree.
    ^^This^^

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    This is a step in the right direction, but I think that the system needs to be built around multiples of 4 (not 5). It would then match the ED system, and line up to the fact that you get 4 action points per level not 5.

All of my toon's are multiclass or in weeks 2-3 so I'm playing on paper not with the real designer. But level breaks of: 0/4/8/16/ and either 28 or 32 were a lot more flexible in both trees than the current multiples of 5 stepping. 5 Action point increments is out of step with the leveling process.

I also think that points already spent on Core Abilities should count in the total points spent in tree number. Ftrom my simplistic viewpoint, they are points spent on that tree's abilities at the exclusion of other trees and should be counted as such.
    And ^^this^^
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast