Community Member

Default Stalwart Defender tree should get a way to boost the party

There are some good reviews of the SD tree. Most of those comments are dead-on so won't rehash them here. Overall I think the tree is a little bit better than what is on live. What is missing here (and I assume in DoS as well) is a reason to use a tank.

When we make a tank build we are by definition trading some DPS for survivability. That is fine as long as our personal lower DPS increases the party DPS or makes an encounter safer/easier for the party. Right now there are not enough encounters where a high defense character is a strong choice. I don't want it to be 'tank mandatory', but it should be a good and desirable option all the time.

I would like to see a boost to stalwart stance that boosts the party DPS in a noticable but not overpowering way.
    Something along the lines of -10/20/30% fortification & spell damage boost on mobs that are agro'd on you as a debuff that lands with every successful intimidate or some such. This would be logical (mob is focused on the tank making its defense vs. others weaker) & make having a tank join the party viable and beneficial in more content than they are today.

*EDIT*

This also gets to a weakness of defensive oriented trees. More defense is not always useful. Being 'more' of a kensai is almost always useful. You do more damage and things die faster. Being 'more' of a tank is not always that useful, but boosting the party is always good.
    Last edited by aurum1; 04-15-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    Snuffles - lvl 20 fighter - Platinum Knights on Cannith

Community Member

An interesting idea to be sure. Perhaps some sort of passive ability that reduces the fortification and spell resistance of anything that hits you? Sort of along the lines of the enemy is so focused on you that it is easier for your allies to hit their weak points.

i'm thinkin they should get an 'aura' that reduces the threat of other allies close to them
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    i'm thinkin they should get an 'aura' that reduces the threat of other allies close to them
    This I like

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE