Community Member

Default Does my Iron Defender Pet really get all the traits of the armor I give him?

My 22 Arti was thinking about buying his pet something that is like + 8 STR, + 6 Resistance on saves, and also toughness (20 more hp). If I buy that, does my pet really get all that?

Thanks.

Yes.

Community Member

My iron defender is rocking one of these bad boys : http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ancient_Gemstone

So I certainly hope so.

don't forget to give your puppy some nice weapons like
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Grave_Wrappings

or at heroic lvls

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Vampiric_Stonedust_Wraps

also useful for rwtd something like banishing+lawful outsider bane (iirc ml14)

our puppies are god

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/1h9z/

and mobs are afraid of mine
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

My own artie's doggy is rocking the unsupressed quorforged docent which is a pretty solid piece of kit... the epic blademarks docent can be very nice too, just take the trip enhancement line & he'll be capable of bringing a lot of enemies down.

Also, if you didnt already know, you can convert any wraps into a collar too, even named ones - the grave wrappings are very tasty for debuffing plus some untyped damage, for example.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    My own artie's doggy is rocking the unsupressed quorforged docent which is a pretty solid piece of kit... the epic blademarks docent can be very nice too, just take the trip enhancement line & he'll be capable of bringing a lot of enemies down.

Also, if you didnt already know, you can convert any wraps into a collar too, even named ones - the grave wrappings are very tasty for debuffing plus some untyped damage, for example.
    I should know this...but.....

How do you do the conversion?

Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    I should know this...but.....

How do you do the conversion?

Thx.
    Put the wraps and mechanical trap parts in the Trap Making machine in Harbor or House C. I think there might be an option for using essences as well but not sure atm.

Guardian
    Hero

yes, you can use essences, this was most likely to alow druids to do conversion since they can't get parts on their own
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    ...the grave wrappings are very tasty for debuffing plus some untyped damage, for example.
    Ooh, those do look tasty. Must get my mutt some.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrael View Post
    come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.
    And you failed! If the user hadn't rebooted the computer and had a reasonably good backup the system would have been lost forever!

Stone Heart has a hidden feature on it for pets. It gives a second random +8 Stat bonus on equip to the dogs, it works similar to Kormor's Ring in that each time its equipped its bonus changes.

So you can have a Str +8 Stone Heart and when you equip it to dog it gains +8 Con as well or any other stat. Just swap it on the dog till you get the second stat you want.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Guardian
    Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    And you failed! If the user hadn't rebooted the computer and had a reasonably good backup the system would have been lost forever!
    what is this 'user' you speak of?
    what realm is he from? is a 'reboot' a form of magic?
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.