Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    383

    Default Does my Iron Defender Pet really get all the traits of the armor I give him?

    My 22 Arti was thinking about buying his pet something that is like + 8 STR, + 6 Resistance on saves, and also toughness (20 more hp). If I buy that, does my pet really get all that?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,795

    Default

    Yes.
    53723

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    My iron defender is rocking one of these bad boys : http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ancient_Gemstone

    So I certainly hope so.

  4. #4
    Community Member psykopeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hidden in a secret hold
    Posts
    998

    Default

    don't forget to give your puppy some nice weapons like
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Grave_Wrappings

    or at heroic lvls

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Vampiric_Stonedust_Wraps

    also useful for rwtd something like banishing+lawful outsider bane (iirc ml14)

    our puppies are god

    http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/1h9z/

    and mobs are afraid of mine
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

  5. #5
    Community Member FuzzyDuck81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,946

    Default

    My own artie's doggy is rocking the unsupressed quorforged docent which is a pretty solid piece of kit... the epic blademarks docent can be very nice too, just take the trip enhancement line & he'll be capable of bringing a lot of enemies down.

    Also, if you didnt already know, you can convert any wraps into a collar too, even named ones - the grave wrappings are very tasty for debuffing plus some untyped damage, for example.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

  6. #6
    Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seminole, FL
    Posts
    10,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    My own artie's doggy is rocking the unsupressed quorforged docent which is a pretty solid piece of kit... the epic blademarks docent can be very nice too, just take the trip enhancement line & he'll be capable of bringing a lot of enemies down.

    Also, if you didnt already know, you can convert any wraps into a collar too, even named ones - the grave wrappings are very tasty for debuffing plus some untyped damage, for example.
    I should know this...but.....

    How do you do the conversion?

    Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

  7. #7
    Hero
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    I should know this...but.....

    How do you do the conversion?

    Thx.
    Put the wraps and mechanical trap parts in the Trap Making machine in Harbor or House C. I think there might be an option for using essences as well but not sure atm.

  8. #8
    Guardian
    Hero
    Gabrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    270

    Default

    yes, you can use essences, this was most likely to alow druids to do conversion since they can't get parts on their own
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

  9. #9
    Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seminole, FL
    Posts
    10,639

    Default

    Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    ...the grave wrappings are very tasty for debuffing plus some untyped damage, for example.
    Ooh, those do look tasty. Must get my mutt some.

  11. #11
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrael View Post
    come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.
    And you failed! If the user hadn't rebooted the computer and had a reasonably good backup the system would have been lost forever!

  12. #12
    Community Member Vengeance777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Stone Heart has a hidden feature on it for pets. It gives a second random +8 Stat bonus on equip to the dogs, it works similar to Kormor's Ring in that each time its equipped its bonus changes.

    So you can have a Str +8 Stone Heart and when you equip it to dog it gains +8 Con as well or any other stat. Just swap it on the dog till you get the second stat you want.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

  13. #13
    Guardian
    Hero
    Gabrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    And you failed! If the user hadn't rebooted the computer and had a reasonably good backup the system would have been lost forever!
    what is this 'user' you speak of?
    what realm is he from? is a 'reboot' a form of magic?
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload