Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Given Turbine's track record for following up on a project to finish it once the "first stage" of a project is released to live, I don't expect to see War Priest (or any other enhancement tree addition to the two now seen for Cleric) before 2015 at the earliest.

They work hard to get a product out the door and if it's not quite finished, whatever wasn't finished won't be touched for years at least.
    Radiant Servant - still no Tier 3
    Battle Engineer - no Tier 2 or 3
    Frenzied Berserker - still has bugs where you get the self-inflicted damage, but no bonus damage on enemies
    Spellsinger, Virtuoso, War Chanter - still no Tier 3
    Angel of Vengeance - no Tier 3
    Ninja Spy - still no Tier 3
    Deepwood Sniper - lol
    Mechanic - still no Tier 3
    Thief Acrobat - still no Tier 3

I don't blame them at all for not finishing the Druid PrE yet since Druid is still relatively new, but the rest of them are just embarrassing. How long have Enhancements and PrEs existed? And they still don't even have them done for the original core classes.

Anything that doesn't change before the Enhancement update goes live isn't going to be touched for a LOOOONG time. And from what the developers have said on Llama, major changes are not going to be made for the Enhancements compared to what we are seeing in the Alpha. They'll tweak abilities. They'll add a couple of abilities that they forgot. *cough*Fighter Haste Boost*cough* They'll tweak costs in some areas. But the major work is complete on the design side.
    I agree with everything you said. Though who knows maybe they have Warpriest waiting to go and they haven't put it in just like Dwarven Defender is not in yet, but regardless we're looking at a very close to finished system here. If you want something tweaked now is not the time to "wait and see".
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

+1 to the OP.

Also, it takes some guts to put someone who mixes domains and PrE to work on a D&D title and to call this preview an "alpha". Pathetic.

Default Quite depressing

They work hard to get a product out the door and if it's not quite finished, whatever wasn't finished won't be touched for years at least.
    Battle Engineer - no Tier 2 or 3
    Frenzied Berserker - still has bugs where you get the self-inflicted damage, but no bonus damage on enemies
    Spellsinger, Virtuoso, War Chanter - still no Tier 3
    Angel of Vengeance - no Tier 3
    Ninja Spy - still no Tier 3
    Deepwood Sniper - lol
    Mechanic - still no Tier 3
    Thief Acrobat - still no Tier 3

I don't blame them at all for not finishing the Druid PrE yet since Druid is still relatively new, but the rest of them are just embarrassing. How long have Enhancements and PrEs existed? And they still don't even have them done for the original core classes.

Anything that doesn't change before the Enhancement update goes live isn't going to be touched for a LOOOONG time.(snip...)
    On account of being all true. And the worst part is that the player community keeps suggesting how to fix the low-hanging fruit, and what not to do, and instead...the devs keep ramming their heads into a gigantic Wrong Button.

I miss Genasi.
    Character Compendium

Default From Kalari

Quote Originally Posted by kalari View Post
    i really thought when a guild mate of mine euthusiatically told me that domains were coming that we really would see domains.

I know ebberon is not as deity reliant as other d&d realms but we have such a broad scope to work with.

healing and protection are not domains, the amount of work you would need to put in to make builds comparable to where they are now on live is costly and not worth the effort in protection. The buff durations are miniscule their benefits not really worth the amount of ap to invest.

I thought that we would get something along the lines of war, boon, bane, faith

war- would give a path towards melee types it would increase damage towards favored weapons, give smiting bonuses against abhorrent creatures or vs your alignment enemies. You could add an sla that grants divine power/might like buff for cheap and really help the battle cleric builds out. It could have a defense option for clerics who want to tank up shield bonuses that could be a lighter version of stalwart like a knock down protection ability, i know a few divines who would love something like that.

boon- for caster clerics the ability to debuff your enemy is a great tactic, a path that allows you to focus on pin pointing your enemies weakness and lowering its defense, this path would allow you sla's like rays of exhaustion, waves of fatigue, energy drain, feeble mind, it could add an extra use towards the dragonmarked feat that allows you to slow and energy drain mobs as well or at least regenerate the four charges of that dragonmark of shadows ability.

bane- for casters who wish to use damage spells, this path would include enhancements that boost light/negative damage (which also would help in healing our undead allies for negative spikes) i would love to see a new sla "faith strike" which does an amount of alignment based damage simuliar to our chaos hammers, holy smites, unholy smites (blights etc)

faith- this path of the tree would open up paths based on your faith, if you are a follower of the lord of the blades, would it not make sense to have a natural boosts to weapons damage? If you are a follower of the undying court? Should you not have an affinity over the undead? If you are a follower of the vulkoor should you not have a way of immunity towards poison and or ability to coat your weapons with virulent strains granted by your scorpion god? Silver flame should be able to exorcise demons doing great damage to their foes, sovereign hosts channel their divine energies in ways to smite foes? The faith path would give boosts to favored weapons as the did in the old enhancements but provide something special in the way of those who truly follow the path.

fervent servant of faith- you are an acolyte of your faith path and you are rewarded with your boon of faith. This would obviously vary based on the divines choice of faith but it should especially at epic levels give a special ability based on the characters faith path.

Then you can add healing and protection and many of us would not balk because there would have been something for everyone.

Those ideas was the kind of stuff i wanted to see when they talked about re doing enhancements and putting out domains for divine classes. It really would give more versatility to players, it would give options and choice to those who want to follow certain faiths, and its what i thought would be done when i first heard talks of domains.
    +1
    Character Compendium

Default Msc313

Quote Originally Posted by msc313 View Post
    i appreciate the idea of the new enhancement tree system. The kensei and tempest trees are stunning, and will provide some additional balance to twf melees who mainly play ee. With that said, i feel like the cleric trees weaken the class, not balance it, in the context of current end game play.

I have played a cleric/monk as my main toon since 2009. I did so because of the ability to fit many roles: Melee/cc/casting/healing. This system diminishes the ability to invest in melee and casting, greatly reducing the flexibility of the class. If the intent is to create a "healer" class, then these propositions will be highly successful. However, in classic dnd the cleric was a three dimensional threat.

My recommendation is to provide alternative tree that reflect the classic cleric roles not currently represented: One for melee and one for casting.

Also, +1 to domains =/= prestige

otherwise many divine players will do what i will likely do, regrettably tr our clerics into fvs.
    +1
    Character Compendium

Didn't you know? Apparently Tier 2 was supposed to be Tier 3 all along because a heal-over-time that doesn't cure status ailments is totally overpowered when compared to a Maximized & Empowered & Empower Healed Burst.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12