Community Member

Default Looking for help with a WF Brb14/Rog2

I am currently working on a completionist character, I went to barbarian not quite prepared for what I was getting into. I am looking for help making the build self-sufficient with using the lesser respec. The character has 1 past life in Cleric, Chaotic Good, 34pt build.
    The current twf build is good in groups, but lately with my child getting older I have less time to wait for groups and wish to be able to start hitting solo content for levelling purposes rather than put DDO totally on the backburner.

Any advice and guides would be appreciated.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by roninsoul77 View Post
    I am currently working on a completionist character, I went to barbarian not quite prepared for what I was getting into. I am looking for help making the build self-sufficient with using the lesser respec. The character has 1 past life in Cleric, Chaotic Good, 34pt build.
    The current twf build is good in groups, but lately with my child getting older I have less time to wait for groups and wish to be able to start hitting solo content for levelling purposes rather than put DDO totally on the backburner.

Any advice and guides would be appreciated.
    Get a cleric hireling. Bring many pots especially repair, lesser restore, remove curse, disease and poison.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Silver_Flame_Healing_Potions

and a hireling, on a barb these are your options.

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default ugh

You may not find many people biting on this "help" thread, especially with the new EH Pass in the works. The biggest problem is that Barbarian offers so few Skill Points that it really limits the Rogue abilities which pretty much makes this toon a waste of Rogue levels, unless you do a deep splash of Rogue.

If you are just doing a simple LR I would probably go with 14 Barb/6Rog and focus on maxing Disable and Search as primary stats, while placing the remainder into Spot Then Open Lock and UMD. You may have enough UMD to get you some self healing. This toon will NOT be an effective Trapper in Epic Quests w/o some serious gear and even then its skeptical. Obviously light armor and Max Str with all level ups into Str. Get Con to around 16 and Int to 12-14 for a decent toon.

For Feats: Toughness, THFx3, IC:Slash, PA, Cleave, G Cleave and Overwhelming Crit. If Human add Stunning Blow for some needed crowd control.

OPTION TWO. Use a +5 LR and you can have a optimal toon and do pretty much the same as above, but go 12 Barbarian/6Rogue/2Ftr and take Rog at 1 and 20 and spread out the other Rog Levels. You can have enough UMD for heal, rez, teleport, and Fire Shield scrolls as well as enough Rogue Skills to handle any Trap or chest in DDO. You can Max your Intim and Balance as well.

For feats: same as above but add Stunning Blow and Improved Trip for CC and if Human add another Toughness or whatever you want.

At epic levels "Fury" ED will be your friend for some nasty damage.

Warning. When you don't have aggro, you will get it..... be ready to get hit....a lot. You will do some serious damage. With your light armor you can get your PRR in the 50's which will mitigate some damage, but you are going to hit a lot, for a lot of damage. Its a fun build that's pretty fast.

Don't forget, you can't heal yourself when raged, and always have a stack of Restoration Pots for when your rage wears off.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Default race

What race is your toon?

B

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    What race is your toon?

B
    he said warforged, worst possible option.

Default ughhhh

he said warforged, worst possible option.

Ughhhh...a Healers worst nightmare. I would just get him to 20 and TR him. But the above ideas are your easier alternatives.

B

To be fair I knew a wf barb that was easy to heal, but it was more of someone proving it could happen. 3pally past lives, claw set, 20% on a tod ring and 10% on a dragontouched. Even they said it would have been better as any other race, they just wanted to surprise healers.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chanw4 View Post
    Get a cleric hireling.
    One of the arcanes may be more useful to a WF: http://ddowiki.com/page/Hirelings_th...pair_Warforged
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

I don't know anything about the new enhancement system but I had thought about doing a Human TWF 2rogue/18barbarian life. My plan was lots of healing amplification and UMD and use a hireling cleric when necessary.
    TWF was mainly due to the fact that that's what kind of weapons I had but also the higher dexterity is nice with evasion.
    Ghallanda
    Volver life 3 lvl 20 sorc - 4 Epic /// Adept life 3 lvl 2mnk/17pal /// Vindicate life 6 lvl 18rgr/1ftr/1clr - 2 Epic /// [COLOR="Red"]

I had a 18/2 WF Barb/Rogue planned for a future life. I'm not sure what you're goals are for your build, but my hope was a trapper with evasion, and nice damage. Barbarian is good for the damage and hp, rogue adds evasion and traps. Barbarian has 4 skill points + int mod/level.

I figured I had 2 routes, THF or TWF
    feats are tight, but if not concerned with the epic destinies it shouldn't be a problem.

TWF, ITWF, GTWF, Power attack, Toughness, Cleave, Imp. Crit: Slash
    I'd dual scims with this. cleave is needed for the prestige, so I skipped D-axe/Khopesh proficiency
    STR 15, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 6, Cha 6

A Dwarf or Human could fit D-axe/Khopesh, and they don't have the penalty to healing, but then they wouldn't be rusties, now would they?

or alternatively:

THF, ITHF, GTHF, Power attack, Toughness, Cleave, Imp. Crit: Slash
    with Greatswords. same feats as above really. you could swap GTHF for Insightful reflexes if you wanted (and dump dex). I had a bit of a collection of Greatswords after my cleric life (WF cleric).

STR: 16, Dex: 14, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 6, Cha 6

Skills: in both cases I fit full ranks in Search, Disable Device, UMD, and Balance. I threw extra points in Open lock and Jump. I've found it doesn't take much to have a useful open lock skill. 4 ranks at creation, +5 tools, +15 open lock item, and a +6 dex item tends to do the trick, but extra points makes it better.

Improved trap sense would help give you a decent save against traps (with a terrible spot it would help) Being a robotic slab of meat means you can take an occasional hit though, so it isn't too terrible if you fail a save.

I haven't had a chance to actually test the build, so I don't know how it will perform, but it looks solid on paper (as do most things though).

As far as Solobility I'd stick to repair potions, reconstruction scrolls when you have enough UMD, and a cleric or arcane hireling. Depending on your server you could try hitting up a few WF guilds. I'm in Rust in Peace on Thelanis, and there is usually a wizard or Sorcerer who could repair in a quest.

I highly recommend the Healer's friend enhancements. it has been redone, so you can get all 3 ranks for a 6 ap, and only have an 20% healing penalty.

Best of luck,
    -PaxsMickey