Cool I really bookmarked it...

In the old "Let's Talk enhancements" thread

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=182

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    OK, read up to here.

First of all, just want to say thanks for all the participation and the valuable well articulated feedback.

I appreciate the concerns. There's a couple posts that I will respond to separately, but in general I want to say:

- I will share a mockup of the new UI.

- I am happy to reveal details of various enhancement lines as they become available - and have you guys scrutinize them.

- I need to look into the bowbarian builds.

- Lamannia has already been trending towards earlier builds - ugliness and all; effectively it's becoming a test server, not a preview server. If everything goes as planned you get a chance to play & comment before it's too late to change.

- I consider myself chief of the nerf police. Not going to happen casually on my watch. In cases where it's truly warranted, it will be explained.

- Melee classes need love in general. Changes to enhancements will be made with this in mind.

- The new UI (and new enhancements) are not in any way intended to dumb down the flexibility and depth of character builds. Forgive me for the all caps, but DEPTH OF BUILD DESIGN, INCLUDING MULTI-CLASSING IS OUR BREAD AND BUTTER.

- Yes, many costs (and enhancements themselves) are not as useful as they once were when the level cap was much lower. All this is being looked at.

- Getting all PrE's finished is paramount to us. In an ideal world, they will all be finished when we release the enhancement Re-do.

- The UI is comprised of multiple trees (not just one) based on PrEs and race. You can spend points in multiple trees if you like.

- Your ideas/thoughts on which enhancements are currently of little value as well as suggestions for improvements or new enhancement lines are welcome and encouraged (although I should probably start a new thread for that so they aren't buried!)

- To repeat the goals: improve comprehension, re-balance AP costs, improve or jettison weak enhancements, improve weak classes, finish PrE's.

- All this is subject to change - whether it be due to player feedback, production considerations, or whatever.

Thanks again for keeping the thread productive.
    MF
    Have to love the "All this is subject to change" in the end

If only he had kept this one:

- I am happy to reveal details of various enhancement lines as they become available - and have you guys scrutinize them.
    and come to us with idea before thousands of hours of coding was done to ensure that all they can do now is tinker with things and not do a major rethink.

- To repeat the goals: improve comprehension, re-balance AP costs, improve or jettison weak enhancements, improve weak classes, finish PrE's.
    Comprehension is greatly improved. While it could be much better, at least you can see all your enhancements on a single screen (rather than scrolling up and down a list).

Technically they have also rebalanced AP costs, but by linking enhancements into chains and forcing ap spending in a particular tree, they've overall made enhancements more expensive.

Three tiers of an enhancement that used to cost a total of 6 ap (1-2-3) now costing 2 each is the same overall cost. Requiring that you spend 5 or 10 or 20 or 30 points in that tree to get all assorted tiers makes it crushingly expensive, because at each tier I'm being forced to spend more AP on enhancements I don't want than the enhancements I DO want.

I'm most sad at the "improve weak classes" and "finish PrE's". We haven't seen paladin yet, but with what's happened to the other divine classes, and several of the races, I have no hope for them being improved. Neither divine class has gotten their PrE's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    If only he had kept this one:

and come to us with idea before thousands of hours of coding was done to ensure that all they can do now is tinker with things and not do a major rethink.
    Well, I think unless he is lying, they have brought to us the 'details' of the lines as available, and they're all up for scrutiny now.

And since he's captain of the nerf police, I think it's fair to say that we'll see an end of certain 'domain/prestiges' and see the real ones rolled onto Lammania before too long.