In the old "Let's Talk enhancements" thread
Have to love the "All this is subject to change" in the endOK, read up to here.
First of all, just want to say thanks for all the participation and the valuable well articulated feedback.
I appreciate the concerns. There's a couple posts that I will respond to separately, but in general I want to say:
- I will share a mockup of the new UI.
- I am happy to reveal details of various enhancement lines as they become available - and have you guys scrutinize them.
- I need to look into the bowbarian builds.
- Lamannia has already been trending towards earlier builds - ugliness and all; effectively it's becoming a test server, not a preview server. If everything goes as planned you get a chance to play & comment before it's too late to change.
- I consider myself chief of the nerf police. Not going to happen casually on my watch. In cases where it's truly warranted, it will be explained.
- Melee classes need love in general. Changes to enhancements will be made with this in mind.
- The new UI (and new enhancements) are not in any way intended to dumb down the flexibility and depth of character builds. Forgive me for the all caps, but DEPTH OF BUILD DESIGN, INCLUDING MULTI-CLASSING IS OUR BREAD AND BUTTER.
- Yes, many costs (and enhancements themselves) are not as useful as they once were when the level cap was much lower. All this is being looked at.
- Getting all PrE's finished is paramount to us. In an ideal world, they will all be finished when we release the enhancement Re-do.
- The UI is comprised of multiple trees (not just one) based on PrEs and race. You can spend points in multiple trees if you like.
- Your ideas/thoughts on which enhancements are currently of little value as well as suggestions for improvements or new enhancement lines are welcome and encouraged (although I should probably start a new thread for that so they aren't buried!)
- To repeat the goals: improve comprehension, re-balance AP costs, improve or jettison weak enhancements, improve weak classes, finish PrE's.
- All this is subject to change - whether it be due to player feedback, production considerations, or whatever.
Thanks again for keeping the thread productive.