Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member Shmuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    786

    Default Where is ranger sprint boost?

    This was one of the best and most useful ranger enhancements. Why is it gone? or am i missing it in the cluttered UI?
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Tempest tier 2, and locks out haste boost.

    Really not happy about this. Sprint is a quality of life boost for me, often worth splashing one level for.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

  3. #3
    Community Member Shmuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    786

    Default

    That is extremely disappointing, since my archer really has no use for the tempest enhancements at all, and was planning to not even use the tree.

    This is a perfect example of why we need a general tree for each class that is not tied to any PRE. For rangers, it should include sprint boost, all the empathy stuff, skill boosts, etc.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

  4. #4
    Community Member Phemt81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Sounds like a bug to me.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

  5. #5
    Community Member DrNuegebauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Needs fixing!

    Sprint boost needs to be available with 1 level of ranger or barb as previously. While they're at it, they should add sprint boost for monks (the fastest moving class doesn't get sprint boost currently???)

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    Needs fixing!

    Sprint boost needs to be available with 1 level of ranger or barb as previously. While they're at it, they should add sprint boost for monks (the fastest moving class doesn't get sprint boost currently???)
    Well, the fastest moving class doesn't really need sprint boost, they are sprinting pretty fast all the time as it is. On the topic of action boost selection, I would prefer to see the ability to purchase any of a classes available action boosts, regardless of the tree you buy it in. I can't think of a good reason to limit certain boosts to certain trees.

  7. #7
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Well, the fastest moving class doesn't really need sprint boost, they are sprinting pretty fast all the time as it is. On the topic of action boost selection, I would prefer to see the ability to purchase any of a classes available action boosts, regardless of the tree you buy it in. I can't think of a good reason to limit certain boosts to certain trees.
    Each tree should just have "Action Boost: choose one" and then you choose one from a list of appropriate boosts for the class. That way, I can get sprint or haste boost from any ranger tree. The other option is to add a new generic tree for rangers then separate trees for PRE's. I do think the simpler solution is to provide much more overlap between trees, which should help with issues where certain abilities should not be tied to a specific PRE, but instead be available to rangers in general. It's not necessarily a bad thing if some abilities appear across multiple trees.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,470

    Default

    Hi,

    Yes, sprint boost should be available to all rangers, regardless of PRE.

    This seems like another consequence of trying jam all of the class abilities into two different PRE based trees.

    The appearance of the trees is driving how our class abilities work. It's been said a hundred times already, but that is the wrong way to do it.

    Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Each tree should just have "Action Boost: choose one" and then you choose one from a list of appropriate boosts for the class.
    This please.

  10. #10
    Community Member kingfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,

    Yes, sprint boost should be available to all rangers, regardless of PRE.

    This seems like another consequence of trying jam all of the class abilities into two different PRE based trees.

    The appearance of the trees is driving how our class abilities work. It's been said a hundred times already, but that is the wrong way to do it.

    Thanks.

    yes a thousand times, and under no circumstances should rangers be forced to choose only one of haste or sprint boost. this is freaking stupid. seriously what moron over there thought of this?

  11. #11
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Lerincho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lubbock, Tx
    Posts
    7,079

    Default

    I was able to find sprint boost. Dragged it to the hotbar, and it has been greyed out since showing fully charged. So you can get sprint boost, but you cannot use sprint boost.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

  12. #12
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    Tempest tier 2, and locks out haste boost.

    Really not happy about this. Sprint is a quality of life boost for me, often worth splashing one level for.
    That is asinine.

    Sprintboost is a Core Ranger ability not a prestige path.
    Haste Boost is another perk has nothing to do with sprint boost.

    Makes no sense to select one and lockout the other.

    The more I see on this enhancement pass the less I like DDO.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 04-18-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload