Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Complaint

i've read tons of ppl talking about recquirements (yes, of course, again is users' fault) and crashing in wilderness

does anybody crashed in big top? got frozen when completing quest in i2049?when log in first time?

of course, blame users, also is their fault when you get stuck in the ladder, have to jump off, and jump to the ladder(because you can't start from the lowest point), i call it poor/fast/easy/careless development, not users' fault

and ddo is full of these, there's none player in ddo that hasn't experienced some of the wide variety of launcher's crashes, and of course, blame the users
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    i've read tons of ppl talking about recquirements (yes, of course, again is users' fault) and crashing in wilderness

does anybody crashed in big top? got frozen when completing quest in i2049?when log in first time?

of course, blame users, also is their fault when you get stuck in the ladder, have to jump off, and jump to the ladder(because you can't start from the lowest point), i call it poor/fast/easy/careless development, not users' fault

and ddo is full of these, there's none player in ddo that hasn't experienced some of the wide variety of launcher's crashes, and of course, blame the users
    There is a difference in blaming the user and accepting that things are how they are and will not change. If the bugs have spent years in the game they're not going away, you can either deal with them, whine, or leave the game. That unfortunately is life, I'm trying to point out where the problem is coming from (the .net memory leak) and how to minimize it so that you can still have fun in the game. (moving to a 64 bit os)

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    That's an effect of the video card though, you may have a decent one I don't know. I can tell you that mine sucks, it's an intel on board graphics card. The crashing has little to do with video though lowering the settings will reduce memory usage. 32 bit and 64 bit os's use memory slightly differently, basically 64 bit can access more of it. That's where the problems are the memory leak, it's not the video card that's causing the problem unless like me your video card uses system memory rather than it's own memory.
    I'm not a technical expert, but through my experience in troubleshooting similar issues in games over the years, I find it's usually most productive to start with the graphics settings, which are also usually the most accessible. In the case of DDO I was able to specifically narrow the crashing down to the Draw Distance levels. But not being an expert, I'm not fully aware how various components of the system interact or how a fault in one might influence the availability of overall system resources.

I've heard people say they stopped experiencing memory leak related issues by getting a new PC, upgrading their OS, getting more RAM or getting a new graphics card. Honestly though, as a layperson I would rather not have to care about any of this. I just want stuff to work as stated, so I don't have to waste my recreation time thinking about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123