Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61
    Community Member taurean430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    Show me your badge.
    Is there are reason you won't answer the question I'm unaware of?
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

  2. #62
    The Hatchery Antiguo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Is there are reason you won't answer the question I'm unaware of?
    Maybe, are you aware of how rude you were when asking?

    Be glad i answered your first question and next time use "please" when asking someone a question.

  3. #63
    Community Member taurean430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    Maybe, are you aware of how rude you were when asking?

    Be glad i answered your first question and next time use "please" when asking someone a question.
    Except, I wasn't rude. I can be if you'd like.

    Suffice to say, you've little to no idea of what you are claiming in this thread. Your analogies are half baked at best and completely based on hearsay and subjective, as opposed to objective data. This makes you points not worthy of consideration. You should perhaps play the build, understand how it works and compares to other builds - then make sweeping judgments.

    Those who actually are playing the build are far more qualified than you to make observations regarding changes to key elements of it's function.

    Since you cannot claim to have done either what you say has no value in this discussion.

    You're welcome.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

  4. #64
    The Hatchery Antiguo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Except, I wasn't rude. I can be if you'd like.

    Suffice to say, you've little to no idea of what you are claiming in this thread. Your analogies are half baked at best and completely based on hearsay and subjective, as opposed to objective data. This makes you points not worthy of consideration. You should perhaps play the build, understand how it works and compares to other builds - then make sweeping judgments.

    Those who actually are playing the build are far more qualified than you to make observations regarding changes to key elements of it's function.

    Since you cannot claim to have done either what you say has no value in this discussion.

    You're welcome.
    You Assume a lot of things, and still didnt ask nicely.

    Thank you.
    Last edited by IWMettleblade; 04-18-2013 at 08:45 PM.

  5. #65
    Community Member taurean430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    You Assume a lot of things, and still didnt ask nicely.

    Thank you.
    I've merely responded to your answers. No assumption required.

    Now, do you have anything worthwhile to add to this lack of a viable conversation?
    Last edited by IWMettleblade; 04-18-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

  6. #66
    Community Member wolflordnexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Waco Canith
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post


    Tobias Gerald used a melee weapon.



    This Warforged Artificer must have forgotten his rune arm at home I guess...
    I would suggest those 2 didn't take the line that appears to be almost entireley about buffing rune arms then or perhaps they are utter morons.

  7. #67
    Community Member wolflordnexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Waco Canith
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Artificers are getting a large Repair spell power nerf. As a 16 Artificer/2 Monk/2 Ranger I'm going from 100 Repair spell power on live from enhancements to:

    23 Heroic Repair ranks
    05 Epic Repair ranks
    04 Greater Heroism
    02 Good Luck
    03 INT 16 bonus
    ---
    37
    15 (future Repair augment)
    ---
    52

    You have to be an INT-based level 18 Artificer, spend 30 points in Battle Engineer and are forced to use a Runearm just to maintain the same Repair spellpower. That does not promote character customization.

    Repair spellpower needs to be added back into each Artificer tree as a core ability. Something like 1 Repair/Rust spell power for each point spent in the tree.
    Your build will be down less than 50 Repair spell power because your choosing to use a tree that really doesn't fit and your not counting adding 1 AP per AP spent in the other line which surely has at least something you want in it. and your netting a gain of +2 enhancement bonus to your weapons and 2 extra crit damage and .5 extra weapon damage, and +2 to strength not really so much a nerf as a change The Arty seems to have gotten a lot of love in the enhancement pass asides from requiring wand heightening for wand and scroll mastery I think they came out pretty sexy.

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolflordnexus View Post
    Your build will be down less than 50 Repair spell power because your choosing to use a tree that really doesn't fit and your not counting adding 1 AP per AP spent in the other line which surely has at least something you want in it.
    I wont be purchasing Arcanotech. The benefits it provides me are of little value.
    Kobeyashi | Hamada | Ying

  9. #69
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chanw4 View Post
    Yes,

    Spellcraft, a new skill, will affect general Spell power except sonic, positive, negative, rust and reconstruct.
    Heal will affect Positive and Negative spellpower.
    Repair will affect rust and reconstruct spellpower.
    Perform will affect sonic spellpower.

    The general spellpower enhancement from each tre is gone. Instead we get autogrant spellpower from spending points in the corresponding enhancement tree instead.

    The overall spellpower should be increased but individual spellpower seems to be decreased.

    We have no idea how savants and Pale Master implement yet.

    The spell crit enhancement is not found but instead, spell have a 5% to crit and 2x damage innately. (this is equal to putting 3.5 points into crit damage and 2 points into crit % from the old system for each spell school for artificer)
    I guess this change will make arties less customizable and more versatile.

  10. #70
    Community Member Ellihor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Except, I wasn't rude. I can be if you'd like.

    Suffice to say, you've little to no idea of what you are claiming in this thread. Your analogies are half baked at best and completely based on hearsay and subjective, as opposed to objective data. This makes you points not worthy of consideration. You should perhaps play the build, understand how it works and compares to other builds - then make sweeping judgments.

    Those who actually are playing the build are far more qualified than you to make observations regarding changes to key elements of it's function.

    Since you cannot claim to have done either what you say has no value in this discussion.

    You're welcome.
    You was rude. First, asking if people have played X class already is rude, asking if he currently plays one is even more, and asking if he has any character of X kind is awfully rude. You also do a lot of assumptions in your posts because you have absolutly no data to make them true. You really can not know if he doesnt understand how the build you are talking about works, you do not know if he has 2 friends playing it that he groups every day with, you do not know if he has one character using the build. You also have no right to say who is more qualificated to make observations.

  11. #71
    Community Member Ellihor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    I've merely responded to your answers. No assumption required.

    Now, do you have anything worthwhile to add to this lack of a viable conversation?
    You assumed a lot of things in your posts because you have no data to prove them true. Also of all you posted nothing was worthwile to the topic of the thread so its ironic what you said.

  12. #72
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    You was rude. First, asking if people have played X class already is rude, asking if he currently plays one is even more, and asking if he has any character of X kind is awfully rude. You also do a lot of assumptions in your posts because you have absolutly no data to make them true. You really can not know if he doesnt understand how the build you are talking about works, you do not know if he has 2 friends playing it that he groups every day with, you do not know if he has one character using the build. You also have no right to say who is more qualificated to make observations.
    I don't find it rude to ask if someone actually has experience with said build. However, whether or not he has experience does not disqualify him from taking part in the discussion. Not having played the build or not having experienced the main feature of the build does make his claims weaker, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Artificers are getting a large Repair spell power nerf. As a 16 Artificer/2 Monk/2 Ranger I'm going from 100 Repair spell power on live from enhancements to:

    23 Heroic Repair ranks
    05 Epic Repair ranks
    04 Greater Heroism
    02 Good Luck
    03 INT 16 bonus
    ---
    37
    15 (future Repair augment)
    ---
    52

    You have to be an INT-based level 18 Artificer, spend 30 points in Battle Engineer and are forced to use a Runearm just to maintain the same Repair spellpower. That does not promote character customization.

    Repair spellpower needs to be added back into each Artificer tree as a core ability. Something like 1 Repair/Rust spell power for each point spent in the tree.
    Assuming you already run with an appropriate epic reconstruction item at 100+ spellpower, you're looking at:

    Live: base * 300% (spellpower)
    Alpha: base * 252% (spellpower) * 120% (repair amp) = 302%

    Looks to me like a Jugg still gets their Reconstruct to land for about the same as live, and a "new" Aracnotechnician build potentially gets it quite a bit higher. I'm not sure I see the problem? I don't think there's actually a nerf here. (Unless you're going to maintain that a Jugg wouldn't take Repair Amp, to which I'd say, "Wha?")
    The Brotherhood of BYOH--Thelanis: Charged, WF Artificer; Venomshade, Half-Elf Monk; Poxs, Fist of an Angry God; Crash, Pale Monkster

  14. #74
    Community Member Ellihor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    However, whether or not he has experience does not disqualify him from taking part in the discussion. Not having played the build or not having experienced the main feature of the build does make his claims weaker, though.
    only thing in ddo you actually have to play to understand *if you are smart* is builds that use shiradi champion, rest is only math.

  15. #75
    Community Member taurean430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    You was rude. First, asking if people have played X class already is rude, asking if he currently plays one is even more, and asking if he has any character of X kind is awfully rude. You also do a lot of assumptions in your posts because you have absolutly no data to make them true. You really can not know if he doesnt understand how the build you are talking about works, you do not know if he has 2 friends playing it that he groups every day with, you do not know if he has one character using the build. You also have no right to say who is more qualificated to make observations.
    Sorry you feel that way. I don't. Espcially considering posters with a history of trolling threads related to self healing builds. Asking if someone is even familiar with the build they are criticizing and making broad based asserstions regarding is never rude. It's called a qualifier.

    Does he play a Jug? No. Does I know somoene who played this build qualify one to know how the build works and compares to other end game builds? No. Is he qualified to make broad based assumptions regardingthe inner workings of a build he does not play or understand? No.

    I don't play a monkcher for example. Therefore I don't presume to make commentary regarding their inner workings. Pretty simple really.

    What you qualify that as I couldn't care less about. Thanks.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload