Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Roll the spellcraft skill effect into concentration instead

Pretty simple suggestion based on a few reasons:

A) It's not based on any specific caster stat.
    B) Every blue-bar has it as a class skill (Well, and monks, that presumably would like the amp to finishers).
    C) You've pretty thoroughly broken the dice in top-end content to the point where most of us are scrambling to take quicken anyway, making the skill obsolete.
    D) You don't have to cook up an entire new set of items across all levels so folks can grow into the notion if they're starting from scratch or TRing.

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

I could go with that. Everybody should try to buff their CON anyway so it would be equal in the fact that if you want it you can get it just by increasing something useful anyway.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Thumbs up +1

I'm down with this idea
    Khyber:
    Zenavathar 1rog/5monk/2pal life 12 of TBD; Zenarcanum 18 arti 2nd life; Zenmachina 7 wiz/ 1 rogue 2nd life; Zenchakra 7 monk 2nd life; Zenthinks 20 monk/6epic 2nd life.

lol, a monk with high Spellpower with elements XD
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

I give this a BIG Thumbs up. One of the best ideas I've seen presented thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    lol, a monk with high Spellpower with elements XD
    Henshin Mystic should be on its way some time soon. With the enhancement pass eminent, its only a matter of time before the rest of the PrE's get added. Henshin Mystic is supposed to be based off of monks elemental strikes, just as Shintao focuses on "good" and "Ninja Spy" on evil.
    Last edited by Shattered.likeness; 04-12-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    Fitzroya of the Flame - 25 Monk (Half-Orc) [4th life] | Paschen Dale - 8 Sorcer (Warforged) [4th life] | Fitzaxer - 14 Barbarian (Dwarf) | Shileleigh 4 Artificer / 2 Fighter / 2 Paladin (Warforged) [2nd life]

This would make a lot of sense.

Solid idea.

I hadn't even considered the nightmare of trying to gear spellcraft. It's annoying enough trying to slot concentration items, and they already exist in game and can be crafted. heh.

Wizard: I really need that +5 con tome

Fighter: I need it more because I'm a tank

Wizard: yeah, but con increases my damage
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

Quote Originally Posted by gphysalis View Post
    Wizard: I really need that +5 con tome

Fighter: I need it more because I'm a tank

Wizard: yeah, but con increases my damage
    lol, it becomes 75 hp vs.... 3% damage
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

/not signed

We had a quick rough calculation yesterday in our guild and it turns out wizards may do some meaningful DPS compared to sorcs (now they are no-where near to sorc) after this change goes live. The gap between wiz and sorc has gone out of reach with DC Casting dead and wizards not able to bring top DPS to the table.

This would be so much better. A skill tax of Concentration, Spellpower, and Heal is too much for divine classes that only get 2 skill points per level. And then Use Magical Device and Jump are near-mandatory on top of these, with Balance also being extremely useful. Forcing all casting classes to put points into INT just so that they can have enough skill points to barely get by, and to raise their Spellpower total, is one of the worst moves that Turbine has made in a very long time now.

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

While this makes little logical sense to me I can get behind it as a compromise.....everyone should have con. But answer this wouldn't this give advantage to dwarves and war forged ( the con races) vs elves and drow? Now you've gimped eleven casters and pigeon holed everyone to being a war forged caster and a dwarven or war forged divine. Sorry couldn't help but be devils advocate.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    But answer this wouldn't this give advantage to dwarves and war forged ( the con races) vs elves and drow? Now you've gimped eleven casters and pigeon holed everyone to being a war forged caster and a dwarven or war forged divine.
    Actually, it creates very interesting choices. You could go Warforged for a small bonus to Spell Power and Hit Points. Elf for a bonus to Spell Penetration. Human for the additional feat, still important bonus skill, and an even smaller potential bonus to SP and HP. It creates more build potential, not lessening it.

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    Actually, it creates very interesting choices. You could go Warforged for a small bonus to Spell Power and Hit Points. Elf for a bonus to Spell Penetration. Human for the additional feat, still important bonus skill, and an even smaller potential bonus to SP and HP. It creates more build potential, not lessening it
    Oh I agree with you; however, having watched the river so to speak for years now I can see the flow. New LFM warforged casters only want dps not gimps. I exaggerate a bit but you get my point. Considering its not about spell pen but either dcs or dps at the top end it still would leaves elves ( the iconic Mage) alone in the wood. Sadly I've racked my brain for an answer and haven't found a good one except to make spell craft not tied to any stat. I.e. it won't be modified by any stat. That would come closer to leveling the playing field.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    Actually, it creates very interesting choices. You could go Warforged for a small bonus to Spell Power and Hit Points. Elf for a bonus to Spell Penetration. Human for the additional feat, still important bonus skill, and an even smaller potential bonus to SP and HP. It creates more build potential, not lessening it.
    Magic Missile do not need spell pen/feat
    Chain Missiles do not need spell pen/feat
    Force Missiles do not need spell pen/feat
    Necrotic ray do not need spell pen/feat

If you are casting any other spell other than the above mentioned in EEs as an Arcane you are wasting your SP. There is no potential build - only one build - Shiradi

Community Member

Default well

/signed :-) be the conc skill that one !

Community Member

Good idea. Its either that or give every caster more skill points for free to compensate as letting wizard get spellcraft easily and in high numbers while leaving everyone else in the cold is a bad idea.

I like the idea. Every blue bar gets this skill, and all of them would benefit from it. I'm less concerned about the fact that wizards will get slightly more bonus from spellcraft than i am that it isn't a class skill for all of the classes that would want it.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    lol, it becomes 75 hp vs.... 3% damage
    Not even. +1 Spellpower is something like .01% more damage if you already have over 500 spell power.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Not even. +1 Spellpower is something like .01% more damage if you already have over 500 spell power.
    lol, was talking about maximum gain
    assuming at odd stat with no tome at all
    with a +5 to the stat will give you +3 modifier
    which is +3 x 25= 75 hp
    or +3 to the concentration for +3 spell power, which is 3% XD

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast